Re: [anthroposophy] Soldiers & Pacifists

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001

       My dear Richard,

      Thank you for your post. I agree with you about one thing (and when I say "I agree", I mean that I seek to practice this in my life, more than just state an opinion, of which we have much flying around lately in this country): I seek to practice not telling others what to do--not telling the soldier, not telling the pacifist, in this case, what to do. So, I am in sync with your post on that.

      However, I am not in sync when you say that in this time both the soldier and the pacifist or needed. All I can say is that I don't know if the soldier is needed. Apparently, some are "choosing" (or choosing, without quotes?) to be soldiers, and I must accept this. I also must respect my brothers and sisters, be they soldiers or pacifists. That I seek to do, and thus will not tell another what to do. Still, I cannot say that soldiers are needed. I don't think I have that large a view of the universe to know what is needed. I can only follow the light I see and pray that others may feel free to do the same if they choose.

      In Love--Shalom, Assalaam Aliechum,

    • Richard Distasi
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
        Elaine you wrote:

        "I can only follow the light I see and pray that others may feel free to do the same if they choose."

        That is how I see it. You have to follow your own path that is right for you.

        Rick Distasi

      • utopia_planetia@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
          One thing for sure, is that if no one enrolled to "protect" their
          country if that's what it's about, then leaders would have no one to
          send to fight their wars. Soldiers in both official organisations
          and "unofficial" and terrorist groups.