Re: [anthroposophy] Nostradamus correction

  • Bradford Riley
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2001
      Subject: Re: [anthroposophy] Nostradamus a closer look
      >Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:41:39 EDT
      >Help me out here, see if this tallies somehow?
      >Thanks Starman and others for helping. Many did research and I think it
      >doesn't fit.. Well except that there is a bit of a Turban involvement and
      >these times make the imagination look forward and backwards.

      This is the sanest research I've seen. So anything else must be a

      Traditionally most other Nostradamus scholars claim that this quatrain is
      about New York and that the lattitude is only off some.

      The imitations of gold and silver will become inflated,
      (there was no paper money when Nostro. wrote this)
      Which after the rape are thrown into the burning lake
      After discovering all is exhaused and dissipated by the debt,
      All scripts, stocks, and bonds are wiped out.

      Hogue had a long discussion that the national and consumer debt are beyond
      salvage and that an event brings this into sharp focus.

      Garden of the world near the new city,
      In the path of the hollow mountains:
      It will be seized and plunged into the Vat (Cuue),
      Drinking by force the waters poisoned by sulfur (remember in Nostros. time
      sulfur could be oily, flammable vapors, not necessarily elemental sulfur)

      The fumes arising from the smoldering ruins being sprayed with forced water
      and the toxic vapors coming off fits what was shown today on TV.
      This quatrain has long been associated with New York and the reference to
      garden is presumed to be the garden state, New Jersey. I disagree that this
      is a perfect fit. To me the garden of the world is the farming area around
      Los Angeles where over half of our vegetables have long been grown. I think
      that sometimes Nostro. uses Los Angeles and New York interchangeably. It is
      interesting that the planes were originally headed to LA. If my thesis is
      correct, and there is anything to Nostradamus, then there should be some
      parallel events in LA, possibly natural disasters.

      Note the tie to burning lake (and the reference to collapse of stocks) and
      sulfur (also a type of fire, alchemically) in this last quatrain.

      Lee Don