Re: Ahriman, Lucifer, and ?

  • rolf eipper
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24, 2011
      Dear Nizan,
      it is sometimes difficult especially in written language to understand each other.
      My suggestion to go the site, that lead to comments about Waldorf schools in Israel, was to show,
      that as a philosophy, anthroposophy is not antisemitic, just in case it is,  I have not found it yet!
      There is absolutely NO ELITISM in Waldorf education, just the OPPOSITE is the TRUTH!
      I however have heard this comment by uninformed people before. But those people are not only
      misinformed but out of necessity are also very narrow minded!
      You can find out more about the Waldorf school, just google for it.
      Originally the schooling was paid by Waldorf-Astoria, then the school was closed and some teachers
      put in consetration camps by the Nazis, the school was bombed out and after the war it was rebuilt and some
      of the original teachers  returned, by that time the teachers needed to be paid, just like they do today,
      there are also costs for the building, etc. Obviously the Israeli government and others, is not inclined to fund the education
      for children or students in a Waldorf school. So, parents that want their children educated in a Waldorf School, have to pay
      for such education. There are actually plans in effect to help families with limited incomes, but obviously that can not be done
      for every body. In my opinion, every child should be enrolled in a Waldorf School because in most cases, Government Schools
      are atrocious, especially to day!
      I am not American, I am swiss, just imagine if Switzerland had to give back all the land they are sitting on today. It doesn't work!
      I also don't think that one generation is responsible for things the previous generation has done, those people are dead and I didn't live
      when they were doing what ever they did. An apology by a later generation, as is being done lately, is so stupid and meaningless!
      They are not sincere anyway. I just heard that Japan finally after 70 years apologized to Canada for how they treated their prisoners of war.
      Which brings me to an other question, which I hope you can answer truthfully," what is your interest for being in this group?"
      Hope we remain friends, you can contact me directly if you like.
      Cheers,
      Rolf

      Re: Ahriman, Lucifer, and ?

      Posted by: "Nizan Klinghoffer" nizanklinghoffer@...  nizanklinghoffer

      Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:38 pm (PST)

      Hi Rolf,

      Well, maybe I was too harsh.. I see it incited some strange replies.. But your post was asking for it.
      Btw, have you ever considered that the US is a colony, and that Europeans slaughtered and isolated
      its natives so that they could flourish there? Well, we didn't do that to the extent you have (I'm assuming
      you're American).. and I see no movement saying "Americans - back to Europe!" as I do hear about
      us living here in Israel.
      I don't see how elitism in Waldorf education is related.. What were you trying to say? I didn't understand..

      Nizan.
    • Nizan Klinghoffer
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2011
        Thanks for the analogy.. very Mahayana :)
        That's something I'm still struggling with - the action of the dead in our world. I don't
        see how could they affect anything but living men's dreams and impulses..

        And Rolf - I didn't answer since I sense a breeze of covert suspicion in your question.
        I'm willing to be candid only when I feel it's reciprocal (sorry for that, been hurt too
        many time by people with good intentions)..