Re: [anthroposophy] Immunizations

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2001
      Hello Everyone-

      Does anyone have any reliable resources to information about the pros/cons of immunizations? I’m trying to make an informed decision and am finding very varied and questionable info on both sides.

      thanks in advance,
      Jason

      *******I highly recommend reading the chapter on vaccinations in Dr. Robert Mendelsohn's "How To Raise A Healthy Child In Spite of Your Doctor."
    • Guillermo Romero Ibarrola
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2001
        >Hello Everyone-
        >
        >Does anyone have any reliable resources to information about the pros/cons
        >of immunizations? I’m trying to make an informed decision and am
        >finding very varied and questionable info on both sides.
        >
        >thanks in advance,
        >Jason

        You might enjoy reading Lilipoh magazine, there is an article on treating
        childhood illneses online at their web site.
        http://lilipoh.com/article_summer_01a.html, for more specific info, you
        could try reaching the Publisher, Christine Murphy: Phone: (845) 268-2627,
        Fax: (845) 268-2764, P.O. Box 649, Nyack, NY 10960
        info@...

        M.C. Guillermo Romero Ibarrola
        Coordinador de Relaciones Externas de la Rectoria
        Universidad de Colima, Colima, Mexico
      • elaine upton
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2001

          Hello Jason,

          I suppose others have replied to your question by now, and also I must say that I lack specific references, but if I remember correctly, somewhere STeiner speaks of the necessity of children having childhood diseases like measles, mumps, chicken pox and such. It is necessary for them to build up their immune system, so that when they are adults they can better cope with the presence of disease in the world. Also, Steiner speaks of the importance of having fevers. Fevers are contradictory to cancers and in this way can be a good thing.

          In my own experience, having had childhood diseases and having had fevers has felt very cleansing (even though at the time of the illness I did not think I felt "well", but there is a wellness in illness). Do you know the work of Dutch anthroposophic doctor, Lane Mees? He has a little book called BLESSED BY ILLNESS. Illness, including childhood illness, can be a good thing, and is necessary to counteract the retarding forces of--is it Lucifer or Ahriman?

          Be well,