Re: Self/Christ-Re: [anthroposophy] Calendar of the Soul, Week 20

  • Richard Distasi
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2001
      Elaine wrote,

      "Thanks for your comment on this Calendar of the Soul Week (COS). What you say follows a theme that is with me lately, that is of how the Christ does not enter the solitary I, but the I-in-relation, or as St. Paul says, the "not I", but Christ-in-me. This is the theme running through a wonderful short piece by Arthur Zajonc, President of the Anthroposophic Society in America, in the current issue of News for Members of the Anthroposophic Society in America."

      Elaine, I read this piece by Arthur Zajonc and recommend it to everyone. It reminded me of Steiner's comment that we find the Christ in our human relationships.

      It was Christ Himself Who said, ". . . 'Amen I say to you, as long as you did it for one of these, the least of my brethren, you did it for me.' "

      Every encounter (that includes our thoughts and feelings of others) that we have with every individual/group is an opportunity to allow the Christ Impulse to flow through us to that individual/group or we can choose not to do so which we sometimes do without being fully conscious (or conscious at all) of the subjective and universal karmic consequences.

      Rick Distasi