Immunizations

  • Jason Daniels
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2001
      Immunizations Hello Everyone-

      Does anyone have any reliable resources to information about the pros/cons of immunizations?  I’m trying to make an informed decision and am finding very varied and questionable info on both sides.

      thanks in advance,
      Jason

    • 888
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 21, 2001
        Immunizations
         Dear Jason,
         Does anyone have any reliable resources to information about the pros/cons of immunizations?  I’m trying to make an informed decision and am finding very varied and questionable info on both sides.

        This is a serious issue for any parent. It is a no-win situation because when your children get sick the finger will be pointed at you, however when your children turn out to be healthly well- balanced geniuses that will be put down to good luck.

         Get a hold of this book. Viera is a scientist and derives her arguments from medical journal reports:
        VACCINATION: 100 Years of Orthodox Research shows that Vaccines Represent a Medical Assault on the Immune System by Viera Scheibner ,Ph.D.

        She lives in the Blue Mountains in New South Wales and may even talk to you on the phone.

        Rudolf Steiner talked of the benefits of childhood illnesses. Measles is a sort of clearing house for the new incarnation. It is a difficult disease to cope with, but with the use of homeopathics it can be handled well. It is challenge to the immune system.
        Often one disease can prevent a more serious manifestation of ill health.

        I was fortunate years ago, when searching for answers like yourself, to find a researcher who had files of information. This man was Glen Dettman, a pathologist. Glen was sent to investigate a Dr. Archie Kalokerinos an anti vaccination advisor on Aborignal health. Glen was to be a comrade in arms, not an adversary, when he examined the facts:

        Archie became "anti" when he witnessed the death of "every second child" in Aboriginal communities.
        Glen Dettman:

        Luckily, karma had placed me within only five minutes walk of Glen's pathololgy business.

        From the British medical journal, The Lancet:

        "article describes a fascinating study of 295 children attending a Waldorf school in Stockholm, Sweden."

        More on that:

         http://www.personalmd.com/childhealth_update1.shtml

        "The strongest evidence shows that children in large families, exposed to many infections at a young age, are less likely to develop allergies than children from smaller families raised in ``cleaner'' environments. "

        http://www.vaccinationnews.com/DailyNews/June2001/OdentOnVax.htm

        "The second step of our inquiry is represented by our study of 274 pupils of British Rudolf Steiner schools. 125 of them had been immunized against whooping cough versus 149 non immunized. Among the 125 pupils vaccinated against whooping cough, 23 (18.4%) were diagnosed as asthmatic, versus 6 (4.02%).The difference was once again statistically significant."

         The Immune System Benefits from Early Illness:

        Good Luck with making the right decision,
        (I did, and things have worked out fine! Thank God!)
        Bruce
      • DRStarman2001@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4 9:28 AM
          Hello Everyone-

          Does anyone have any reliable resources to information about the pros/cons of immunizations? I’m trying to make an informed decision and am finding very varied and questionable info on both sides.

          thanks in advance,
          Jason

          *******I highly recommend reading the chapter on vaccinations in Dr. Robert Mendelsohn's "How To Raise A Healthy Child In Spite of Your Doctor."
        • Guillermo Romero Ibarrola
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4 10:25 AM
            >Hello Everyone-
            >
            >Does anyone have any reliable resources to information about the pros/cons
            >of immunizations? I’m trying to make an informed decision and am
            >finding very varied and questionable info on both sides.
            >
            >thanks in advance,
            >Jason

            You might enjoy reading Lilipoh magazine, there is an article on treating
            childhood illneses online at their web site.
            http://lilipoh.com/article_summer_01a.html, for more specific info, you
            could try reaching the Publisher, Christine Murphy: Phone: (845) 268-2627,
            Fax: (845) 268-2764, P.O. Box 649, Nyack, NY 10960
            info@...

            M.C. Guillermo Romero Ibarrola
            Coordinador de Relaciones Externas de la Rectoria
            Universidad de Colima, Colima, Mexico
          • elaine upton
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5 7:16 AM

              Hello Jason,

              I suppose others have replied to your question by now, and also I must say that I lack specific references, but if I remember correctly, somewhere STeiner speaks of the necessity of children having childhood diseases like measles, mumps, chicken pox and such. It is necessary for them to build up their immune system, so that when they are adults they can better cope with the presence of disease in the world. Also, Steiner speaks of the importance of having fevers. Fevers are contradictory to cancers and in this way can be a good thing.

              In my own experience, having had childhood diseases and having had fevers has felt very cleansing (even though at the time of the illness I did not think I felt "well", but there is a wellness in illness). Do you know the work of Dutch anthroposophic doctor, Lane Mees? He has a little book called BLESSED BY ILLNESS. Illness, including childhood illness, can be a good thing, and is necessary to counteract the retarding forces of--is it Lucifer or Ahriman?

              Be well,