Re: Anthroposophical Adult Education

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 5, 2008
      Moral Rearmament was definitely an exoteric spiritual movement,
      largely fundamentalist, but very interested in applying an active
      dynamic to world-changing motives. The anthroposophical movement is
      esoteric in nature, thus it appears to this writer that the effective
      combination of exoteric-esoteric principles is in order for pursuing
      the ultimate defeat of evil objectives in the battle for the cosmic
      intelligence. My intent was merely to express potential in the realm
      of "best laid plans"; nothing is as black and white and warranting
      the criticism of a five-minute armchair expert who knew nothing until
      reading some printed material. In short, there is more to it all on
      the experiential side. You know, the sensitive soul-spiritual fabric
      of collective consciousness. Let's see how patient you can be for a
      further delving into the anthro-rearmament effort.

      > S: « Moral Rearmament stands as a movement of religious renewal
      far
      > surpassing anything that the Christian Community has ever
      accomplished.
      > They (the CC) are, in fact, still at the Oxford Group level,
      intending
      > more inward than outward these days. »
      >

      > «Far surpassing» ? I guess it depends on what «field of
      > action» you're considering them for. The CC must remain an esoteric
      > based, purely personal cultivation source – this is it's 'raison
      > d'être'.
      >

      > MRA appears to be an exoteric spiritual movement – therefore, in
      > essense, it does not oppose the sustaining of materialist
      perception in
      > it's members - on the contrary, it is first and
      foremost, 'materialistic
      > perception' dependent..
      >

      > S: «One of the very highest aims of MRA, outside of remaking human
      > beings into spiritually-cognizant and morally responsible people,
      was to
      > fight evil in the world. Its position was that fascism and communism
      > were evils wherein the chaos of a developing human freedom were
      made a
      > priority higher than the need for harmony and peace in the world.
      Thus,
      > they sought to make leaders built in the mold of being peacemakers,
      > largely in the third world under-developed countries, such as
      Africa,
      > and especially South Vietnam...»
      >
      > My question is : How can the MRA FULLY achieve it's goals of
      > 'spiritually-cognizant and morally responsible people' if it does
      not
      > furnish it's members with the « spiritual concepts » necessary for
      > truly reaching to the core of the question of Evil? The founder of
      the
      > Anthroposophical Mouvement did exactly this, and may I add, that
      this
      > feat may not have been the easiest for the Higher Realms to put
      together
      > and realize.
      >
      > I'm not suggesting that 'skimming the outer most layers' on the
      question
      > of moral behavior worthy of our times, is not a good thing - it's
      just
      > that, from an Anthroposophical perspective, any attempt to use such
      > model, as the set stardard for 'evaluation' world events, the times
      we
      > are living, human freedom etc, would necessarily come to be
      compromised.
      > Therefore, THIS standard as a spiritual base, as the core reference
      for
      > determining worldly action, too easily allows for Ahrimanic and
      > Luciferic infiltrations and curruption.
      >

      > S: «Moral Rearmament, therefore, is entirely christian personalist,
      > to give it its due place within the realm of modern existentialist
      > philosophies. It runs in the same stream as Mounier's form of
      > Personalism, which was built and inspired out of the life of the
      Maid of
      > Orleans, which Charles Peguy wrote a trilogy about. Do you know
      about
      > Charles Peguy? He was shot in the head at the first Battle of Marne
      on
      > September 5, 1914, thus offering up his fine etheric body to the
      astral
      > world, in order to be
      > the first to populate It with the unexpended etheric bodies of the
      dead.
      > We know that this became a problem most profound for Archangel
      Michael
      > to solve.»
      >
      > You know Steve, human beings do MOVE their collective evolution
      forward,
      > in general, whether or not they actively develop for themselves, the
      > soul organs for conscious soul perception or not. In the event that
      they
      > do not, their spiritual self will necessarily propel to the surface
      of
      > any given individual's conscious self what it knows it must impart
      > the world, what it knows it must impress, as a living memory, onto
      the
      > earth's multi faceted environment- however imperfect this may come
      > manifest itself.
      >

      > S: «...You see, Moral Rearmament had a logical successor when Frank
      > Buchman died in 1961; his right-hand man, Peter Howard. And Peter
      Howard
      > continued on with vigor and enthusiasm until 1965, when he suffered
      > sudden and untimely death in South America, just before returning
      to the
      > United States in order to finish a series of lectures before young
      > college students wherein he had been informingthem of the role of
      the
      > United States government in planning the takeover of the government
      of
      > South Vietnam .....These lectures were of the nature of invoking the
      > Honesty principle, come what may. And so, an honestly sincere and
      > earnest family man died prematurely in order that the US government
      > could run a war its way for ten years, in order to lose it and not
      care
      > because its victory was inflicting war for ten years at a very
      important
      > juncture in human history (1965-1975)...»
      >
      > So you see Steve, Honesty needs special protection - in our times.
      That
      > is why Spritual Science exists – it allow souls to live more
      > consciously, (in the spiritual sense) meaning that they can feel,
      > understand, even foresee what lies before them and around them,
      they can
      > also come to be foretold or fore advised of dangers. This can only
      > effectively occur if such a soul HAS, as his/her posession, the
      > necessary soul organs available for understanding the language of
      the
      > Spirit.
      >
      > S: «Carol, please, if you are going to tout yourself as working out
      > of subtle soul-spiritual streams on the etheric plane, then you
      need to
      > leave the very superficial judgments out of account. You only hurt
      > yourself and your supposed authenticity.»
      >
      > Only in your view, Steve. I do have something special to ask of you.
      > Could you please, give space for CERTAIN others on this list to
      express
      > the Anthroposophy which dwells within themselves without trying to
      > twist and turn them and their ideas, in all ways possible. Can you
      > possibly do this? It would be so much appreciated. C.

      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale" <sardisian01@>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carol" organicethics@
      wrote:

      > > > S: « One of the things, then, that I did to attempt to balance
      > this
      > > > perceived descent into the abyss was to find an organization
      that
      > was
      > > > concerned with the moral ideal of living to remake the world to
      the
      > > good
      > > > every day. And so I found Moral Rearmament, which had this
      objective
      > > in
      > > > mind and began to communicate my case for moral technology in
      light
      > of
      > > > science of the spirit.
      > > >
      > > > Do you or does anyone know about Moral Rearmament? »
      > > > Just looked it up - it seems to be laced with a pure form of
      > > > Protestantism ( an apparent no-no for the student of spiritual
      > > science)
      > > > and it's moral actions do come to be applied superficially in
      > support
      > > of
      > > > 'military adventurism.'
      > >

      > > Presbyterian, actually. Frank Buchman went to Oxford in the
      1920's in
      > > order to cultivate a system of spiritual collaboration wherein the
      > > principles of honesty, purity, unselfishness and love were brought
      > forth
      > > in an intimate setting of faith, hope and love; the universal
      catholic
      > > trinity. From a more outwardly oriented standpoint, this Oxford
      Group
      > > evolved into Moral Rearmament just before the outbreak of World
      War
> [...]
      > > military coup that had killed the president of Vietnam and his
      > brother,
      > > the vice president. These lectures were of the nature of invoking
      the
      > > Honesty principle, come what may. And so, an honestly sincere and
      > > earnest family man died prematurely in order that the US
      government
      > > could run a war its way for ten years, in order to lose it and not
      > care
      > > because its victory was inflicting war for ten years at a very
      > important
      > > juncture in human history (1965-1975).
      > >
      > > Carol, please, if you are going to tout yourself as working out of
      > > subtle soul-spiritual streams on the etheric plane, then you need
      > > leave the very superficial judgments out of account. You only hurt
      > > yourself and your supposed authenticity.

    • carol
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 6, 2008
        Re: "Carol, I have great need to impart a truth that you and others may
        not yet be able to accept. It concerns how Steiner's selfless
        efforts on behalf of CC have been perverted in the aftermath of his
        death. Here is the lecture, as well as a specific notation
        concerning where, how, and why the dividing lines are drawn:... "

        OK, this renewal impulse must differ in some form on how the regular
        protestant denominations exercises the 'cultus' principal. That Rudolf
        Steiner allowed himself to indicate how to best exercise this cult
        principal - must mean that, somehow or another, it comes to reach more
        directly to a specific goal.

        I'm sorry, I've not sat in on a mass of the Christian Community - so I
        can't really judge - though Mark W. did tell me that he, as an
        Anthroposophist, was able to witness a little more of an Etheric
        Christic manifestation in a Christian Community mass than what he could
        come to see of 'IT' in a Catholic mass. (ex.the moment of the raising
        of bread and wine).

        A few years back, I attended a United Church Christmas mass with one of
        my sisters. Through this 'form of cultus' I noticed that the Christic
        principal presented itself solely as a 'personalized touch'.

        I guess I'll have to eventually force myself to go to a Christian
        Community mass to be able to derive for myself, my own personal
        assessment of it.

        C.

        "