RE: [anthroposophy] The Epic of Gilgamesh

  • Mikko Nuuttila
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
      A sidenote: Sumer is much like the word Suomi (Finland in Finnish). It think it was precisely the Epic of Gilgamesh in Sumer that describes a bull standing in water (as one of the origins of the world) like in the myth about Lemminkäinen in Kalevala there is similarly one, I remember. I once read a comparison about those bulls somewhere and the opinion expressed in the article was that it was the same myth. Moreover, wasn't Gilgamesh a giant, for Kaleva was one? Perhaps there is a distant echo of linguistic similarity in the words Kaleva and Gilgamesh as well.

      There are many hundreds of Sumerian words in the present day Hungarian language and Hungarian is related to Finnish.

      Mikko

      To: anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com
      From: emeraldnina@...
      Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 10:50:01 +0000
      Subject: [anthroposophy] The Epic of Gilgamesh

      Hello Everyone,
      Yesterday I visited Brunnen von Christus and discovered new
      extraordinary article there. It is unknown to me if any scholar has
      reached this level of meaning and insight,with such precision and
      clarity. With abundant gratitude to BvC/Martha Keltz - Nina

      http://www.geocitie s.com/brunnenart icls/gilgamesh. html

      The Epic of Gilgamesh - He Who Saw the Deep
      By Martha Keltz

      "The cultures of the ancient Indian, Persian and Egyptian ages
      represent a descent from clairvoyant vision to the purely human vision
      of the Greek age. What begins with our own age, and must be attained
      in ever-increasing measure during the coming centuries and millennia,
      should be conceived as a reascent, a reattainment of forms of culture
      imbued with clairvoyance. The Egypto-Babylonian- Chaldean age is
      therefore to be regarded as the last stage of preparation for the
      essentially human culture of Greece." - Rudolf Steiner, Occult History.

      Cosmic and Earthly Origins, Language, Gods

      According to the Sumerian King List, the origins of Mesopotamia, in
      the geographical area of modern Iraq, date back millennia before the
      flood. Thus it appears that these prehistoric civilizations existed
      parallel with the later ages of the Atlantean epoch. The enormous
      amount of contemporary scholastic and scientific work regarding all
      aspects of Mesopotamian life, from mythology to recorded history,
      should likewise begin to cast light on the mysteries of Atlantis. As
      one delves deeply into studies of Sumerian, Akkadian, Chaldean and
      Babylonian histories, genuine understanding requires recognition of
      the Atlantean great epoch as fundamental, as vast panoramic
      background, as original source and bearer of all significant ancient
      cultures, of all spiritual wisdom. From the Atlantean epoch onwards,
      long into recorded history, water was the source of all wisdom, and
      union with the cosmos, with the spiritual world, was sought within the
      fresh, pure waters, within the sweet waters. Nowadays wisdom must be
      sought through the Spirit of the Earth.

      Chattaa joukolla uudella Messenger betalla. Lisätietoja. Klikkaa!
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2008
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Mikko Nuuttila <bellmeine@...>
        wrote:

        > A sidenote: Sumer is much like the word Suomi (Finland in Finnish).
        It think it was precisely the Epic of Gilgamesh in Sumer that
        describes a bull standing in water (as one of the origins of the
        world) like in the myth about Lemminkäinen in Kalevala there is
        similarly one, I remember. I once read a comparison about those bulls
        somewhere and the opinion expressed in the article was that it was
        the same myth. Moreover, wasn't Gilgamesh a giant, for Kaleva was
        one? Perhaps there is a distant echo of linguistic similarity in the
        words Kaleva and Gilgamesh as well.

        > There are many hundreds of Sumerian words in the present day
        Hungarian language and Hungarian is related to Finnish.

        > Mikko

        The slaying of the Divine Bull of Heaven is a Gilgamesh story. Moses
        was orphaned by his loving mother, who sent the infant boy in a reed
        basket down the Nile river in order to save him from an earlier
        massacre of the kind that Joseph would hear in a dream, telling him
        to take his wife and young son into Egypt for a time. Moses was
        found by the pharaoh's daughter, and adopted into the family of
        Ramses I. Interestingly, he was found amidst the bullrushes, a form
        of papyrus existing at the time when Egypt still had swamps. Joseph
        would hear, in a dream again, that it was safe to return home to
        Bethlehem, but, in a stroke of intuition, veered off in order to play
        it safe, and went to the town of Nazareth to live. This is how the
        two Jesus boys came to live as neighbors.

        Steve
      • Nina
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 4, 2008
          That list was like receiving a fine fiery etheric force that
          surrounded my head like lapping tongues. I probably got further into
          the mystery of Gilgamesh there than anywhere else, as it really
          concerns the forming of the two major streams of time and space into
          the post-atlantean world. The Epic of Gilgamesh, the oldest of the
          national folk tales...

          Dear Steve,
          Can feel the impact from both of your descriptions - your summary and
          your experience on BvC. You have the ability to bring central themes
          into view with few words. This warms my heart and grounds my mind. Am
          thankful also to Robert Mason for bringing BvC to our attention - Nina