Cultural Creatives-Re: [anthroposophy] Battle of Genoa

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2001

      Hello again,

      I just responded to the "Genoa" post from Joann, on the travesties of the Big 8 in Genoa, but I forgot to say that there is a move afoot, among those who are loosely called "cultural creatives", those who create a new culture of individual freedom, health, social responsibility/response-ability (perhaps aligned to ideals of the ThreeFold Society, where the cultural sphere would grow in freedom). Nicanor Perlas, whom I mentioned earlier, my friend Truus Geraets, many of those featured in the SCR (Southern Cross Review), and many others are "cultural creatives" in my view (Nelson Mandela, Bishop Tutu, the Dalai Lama, Rigoberta Menchu, the Burmese woman who was imprisoned and also a Nobel Peace Prize winner--I will misspell her name, Aung San Suy???, others...even among us here on this list, among you/us). Let us continue to find ways to see and hear each other, to commune, to make community that the individual might grow strong and the lemniscate between individual and community may sprout and flourish.

      A Spanish poet, Miguel de Unanumo, says, something like this: "throw yourself as seed!"

      In hope and Love,