Re: the timing is off -- correction

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 13, 2008
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Mason"
      <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale" <sardisian01@>
      > wrote:
      > > But, how do we account for a darkening of the sky on Good Friday,
      > > April 3rd, when the ground also shook? How can we account for this?
      >
      > We've discussed this before, too. Best guess
      > is that it was a "simoon", a kind of sandstorm
      > that is not unknown in that region. Or maybe
      > even the Sun Demon was throwing a fit. But
      > it couldn't have been a solar eclipse at
      > Passover.
      >
      > RM

      That's quite a guess, Robert. Matthew, chapter 27, and Luke, chapter
      23 both treat of the time in which the sun was obscured for three
      hours, from noon until 3:00 pm, whereupon Jesus breathes his last, and
      the temple is torn in two with a mighty earthquake. No mention of a
      sandstorm, although a whirlwind is what caused the wrappings to be
      removed prior to the body of Jesus going into the ground according to
      the Fifth Gospel.