Re: the timing is off -- correction

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 12, 2008
      Robert wrote:

      >>According to the accepted calculations,
      on the night of April 2-3, 33 AD the Moon was
      full, and was eclipsed.<<

      Robert writes now:

      Woops. I was confused by relying on Emil Bock,
      who mistakenly took the Last Supper as being a
      Passover feast, and thus mistakenly took the
      Moon as being full on that night. But as I
      noted in my other post the other day, from the
      "Archive of Astronomy Questions and Answers":

      "Predictions show that there was only one lunar
      eclipse visible from Jerusalem at the time of
      passover in the period from 26 - 36 AD. It
      occurred on Friday April 3, AD 33. The Moon
      rose above the horizon already in the midst of
      eclipse and would have progressively 'turned to
      blood' as the eclipse continued."

      Obviously, the full Moon rises as the Sun is
      setting, and the Sun's setting on April 3
      marked the beginning of Nisan 15, and thus the
      start of the Passover Feast. As Wikipedia
      says:

      "Passover begins on the 15th day of the month
      of Nisan, the full moon of that month, the
      first month of the Hebrew calendar's festival
      year according to the Hebrew Bible.[2] Nisan is
      the first month of the northern spring. . . .
      the 15th of Nisan begins on the night of a full
      moon after the vernal equinox."

      I hope I've finally gotten it straight.

      Robert M
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 12, 2008
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mason
        <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:
        > "Passover begins on the 15th day of the month
        > of Nisan, the full moon of that month, the
        > first month of the Hebrew calendar's festival
        > year according to the Hebrew Bible.[2] Nisan is
        > the first month of the northern spring. . . .
        > the 15th of Nisan begins on the night of a full
        > moon after the vernal equinox."
        >
        > I hope I've finally gotten it straight.

        Well, Easter this year was just about as close to a Full Moon as you
        can get. And that seems important in the context of the situation
        described above. Of course, Lunar Eclipses have occurred recently
        wherein the Moon has turned approximately blood-red. We discussed it
        at length, and this seems significant as well for this occasion.

        But, how do we account for a darkening of the sky on Good Friday,
        April 3rd, when the ground also shook? How can we account for this?

        Popularity wants the crucifixion to occur with a 'blood moon', when
        in actuality it occurred at a 'new moon', with a total solar eclipse,
        which also cracked the ground open!

        This is how the body went under for the necessary regeneration. Poor
        Jesus.

        Steve
      • Robert Mason
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 13, 2008
          > But, how do we account for a darkening of the sky on Good Friday,
          > April 3rd, when the ground also shook? How can we account for this?

          We've discussed this before, too. Best guess
          is that it was a "simoon", a kind of sandstorm
          that is not unknown in that region. Or maybe
          even the Sun Demon was throwing a fit. But
          it couldn't have been a solar eclipse at
          Passover.

          RM
        • Stephen Hale
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 13, 2008
            <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

            > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale" <sardisian01@>
            > wrote:
            > > But, how do we account for a darkening of the sky on Good Friday,
            > > April 3rd, when the ground also shook? How can we account for this?
            >
            > We've discussed this before, too. Best guess
            > is that it was a "simoon", a kind of sandstorm
            > that is not unknown in that region. Or maybe
            > even the Sun Demon was throwing a fit. But
            > it couldn't have been a solar eclipse at
            > Passover.
            >
            > RM

            That's quite a guess, Robert. Matthew, chapter 27, and Luke, chapter
            23 both treat of the time in which the sun was obscured for three
            hours, from noon until 3:00 pm, whereupon Jesus breathes his last, and
            the temple is torn in two with a mighty earthquake. No mention of a
            sandstorm, although a whirlwind is what caused the wrappings to be
            removed prior to the body of Jesus going into the ground according to
            the Fifth Gospel.

            Steve
          • jmn36210
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 13, 2008

              In actuality, the Crucifixion occurred at a 'full moon', with a (approx) 180 minutes

              long partial lunar eclipse which seems to have taken place right after the death on

              the Golgotha.

              Hard facts versus fantasies :-)

              Jean-Marc

              > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mason
              > robertsmason_99@ wrote:
              > > "Passover begins on the 15th day of the month
              > > of Nisan, the full moon of that month, the
              > > first month of the Hebrew calendar's festival
              > > year according to the Hebrew Bible.[2] Nisan is
              > > the first month of the northern spring. . . .
              > > the 15th of Nisan begins on the night of a full
              > > moon after the vernal equinox."
              > >
              > > I hope I've finally gotten it straight.
              >
              > Well, Easter this year was just about as close to a Full Moon as you
              > can get. And that seems important in the context of the situation
              > described above. Of course, Lunar Eclipses have occurred recently
              > wherein the Moon has turned approximately blood-red. We discussed it
              > at length, and this seems significant as well for this occasion.
              >
              > But, how do we account for a darkening of the sky on Good Friday,
              > April 3rd, when the ground also shook? How can we account for this?
              >
              > Popularity wants the crucifixion to occur with a 'blood moon', when
              > in actuality it occurred at a 'new moon', with a total solar eclipse,
              > which also cracked the ground open!
              >
              > This is how the body went under for the necessary regeneration. Poor
              > Jesus.
              >
              > Steve

            • Stephen Hale
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 13, 2008

                --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "jmn36210" <jmnguyen@...> wrote:

                > In actuality, the Crucifixion occurred at a 'full moon', with a (approx)
                > 180 minutes
                >
                > long partial lunar eclipse which seems to have taken place right after
                > the death on
                >
                > the Golgotha.
                >
                > Hard facts versus fantasies :-)
                >

                > Jean-Marc

                "Not until the great agony immediately confronted him, when the Mystery of Golgotha was actually at hand, was the Christ Being fully and completely united with the bodies of Jesus of Nazareth. Then came the events that are beautifully described in the different gospels.

                When the eye of seership is directed to these happenings, the Akasha Chronicle reveals it as an actual fact that while Christ was hanging on the Cross, darkness fell upon a wide region of the Earth around Golgotha-a darkness like that caused by an eclipse of the sun. I cannot say whether there was an actual eclipse or whether the darkness was due to heavy clouds, but around the event of the Mystery of Gologtha there was darkness such as is to be observed during an eclipse of the sun.

                To the eye of seership observing life on the Earth during a period of darkness such as this, all living beings appear quite different from what they were when there is no darkness. In the plants, the connection of the etheric body with the physical body is quite different; in animals, too, astral body and etheric body are quite different during such a time of darkness. When the sun is darkened in this way-not merely through heavy clouds in the sky, but when the darkness is particularly dense-condiitons on the Earth are quite different from when the sun is merely absent during the night. Darkness of this intensity fell at the time of the Mystery of Gologtha. As I said, I do not yet know whether there was actually a solar eclipse, but what is to be seen resembles an eclipse." --The Fifth Gospel, December 18, 1913, Cologne.

              • Stephen Hale
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 13, 2008

                  --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Mason" <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

                  > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale" sardisian01@
                  > wrote:
                  > > But, how do we account for a darkening of the sky on Good Friday,
                  > > April 3rd, when the ground also shook? How can we account for this?
                  >
                  > We've discussed this before, too. Best guess
                  > is that it was a "simoon", a kind of sandstorm
                  > that is not unknown in that region. Or maybe
                  > even the Sun Demon was throwing a fit. But
                  > it couldn't have been a solar eclipse at
                  > Passover.
                  >
                  > RM

                  "During this change in conditions on the Earth-a change that was also physical-the Being we call the Christ passes into the living aura of the Earth. Through the Death of Christ Jesus, the Earth received the Christ Impulse.

                  The greatest Event that has ever come to pass on Earth must be described in these simple, stammering words, because it is beyond the power of human language to convey with any sort of adequacy the greatness and significance of this Event.

                  Then, when the body of Jesus had been taken down and laid in a grave, a manifestation of nature can actually be observed-like some revolution that may suddenly occur in the moral life of a human being. A whirlwind rose, a chasm opened in the Earth, and into this chasm the body of Jesus was received, while the burial cloths were whirled away from the corpse.

                  To observe with the eye of seership that the burial cloths lay as described in St. John's Gospel, is truly a shattering experience.

                  These two happenings, the darkness over the Earth, together with an earthquake and a powerful whirlwind, show us how, at one point in Earth-evolution, nature-events coincided with spiritual events. Anything of a similar kind occurs in living beings only when, for example, a movement of the hand is preceded by the thought and the act of will. The evolution of the Earth has been such that in ordinary life we have to do with mechanical facts only. It is only at some specially significant moment that we find the coincidence of a spiritual event with two physical events. (It happened too in certain other cases on the Earth, but this is the supreme example.)"  --The Fifth Gospel, December 18,1913, Cologne

                • Stephen Hale
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 13, 2008
                    --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "jmn36210" <jmnguyen@...> wrote:

                    > In actuality, the Crucifixion occurred at a 'full moon', with a
                    (approx)
                    > 180 minutes
                    >
                    > long partial lunar eclipse which seems to have taken place right after
                    > the death on
                    >
                    > the Golgotha.
                    >
                    > Hard facts versus fantasies :-)

                    Let us let the hard facts speak for themselves :-)

                    MATTHEW 27 NASB, 45-54

                    Now from the sixth hour (12 noon) darkness fell upon all the land until
                    the ninth hour (3 pm).

                    About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "ELI,
                    ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?" that is, "MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN
                    ME?"

                    And some of those who were standing there, when they heard it, began
                    saying, "This man is calling for Elijah."

                    Immediately one of them ran, and taking a sponge, he filled it with
                    sour wine and put it on a reed, and gave Him a drink.

                    But the rest of them said, "Let us see whether Elijah will come to save
                    Him."

                    And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.

                    And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom;
                    and the earth shook and the rocks were split.

                    The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen
                    asleep were raised;

                    and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the
                    holy city and appeared to many.

                    Now the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over
                    Jesus, when they saw the earthquake and the things that were happening,
                    became very frightened and said, "Truly this was the Son of God!"

                    LUKE 23 NASB, 44-49

                    It was now about the sixth hour (noon), and darkness fell over the
                    whole land until the ninth hour (3 pm),

                    because the sun was obscured; and the veil of the temple was torn in
                    two.

                    And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, "Father, INTO YOUR HANDS
                    I COMMIT MY SPIRIT." Having said this, He breathed His last.

                    Now when the centurion saw what had happened, he began praising God,
                    saying, "Certainly this man was innocent."

                    And all the crowds who came together for this spectacle, when they
                    observed what had happened, began to return, beating their breasts.

                    And all His acquaintances and the women who accompanied Him from
                    Galilee were standing at a distance, seeing these things.