RE: [anthroposophy] Thursday's metal, planet, grain, colour etc.

  • Bradford Riley
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 29 6:40 PM
      >From: tell me about Steiner's indications about grains and the days of the
      >week.
      >
      >...grains can be placed from the watery/flowing to the dry/rigid. Maize was
      >at one end and rice at the other- it, of course, growing in flooded fields.
      >Then there are the four grains of the four elements: rye/melancholic,
      >wheat/phlegmatic, oats/choleric, rice/sanguine. There are four salts that
      >predominate in these but I would need to look them up-
      >
      > > I understand that the representative metal for Venus is copper, for
      >instance.
      >
      >These metals are not so much "representatives" but actually connected
      >etherically with the planets- Sun/gold,Mars/iron, Jupiter/tin, Moon/silver,
      >Saturn/lead.
      >The first Goetheanum had seven columns made of the seven trees connected
      >with the seven planets- oak/Mars etc.

      Saturn Maize lead beech

      Sun Wheat gold ash

      Moon Rice silver cherry

      Mars oats iron oak

      mercury millet mercury elm

      jupiter rye tin maple

      Venus barley copper birch

      (I knew I had a list somewhere)

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 30 9:42 AM
        Bibi van Bussel has a web site devoted to planetary qualities and
        related matters from an anthroposophical perspective. The url is
        www.xs4all.nl/~busbi/ or http://www.xs4all.nl/~busbi/
        I do not know Bibi's background or training, but it is interesting to
        ponder.
        Debbie Barford
      • Sarah Cherry
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2001
          Debbie,

          Thanks for posting the link to Bibi's wonderful site. I had somehow
          lost the link in my bookmarks in the transferring of ISPs.

          As Ernst Marti puts it in his little book "The Four Ethers", "The
          forces of the stars create the individual substances from the
          initially undifferentiated potentialities of the elements."

          Sarah