The Calendar of the Soul, week 16

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2001
      For those new to the 'Calendar': the cycle of the year can be a
      meditation in itself, through which you can sense the Beings that are behind
      the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' to do
      this. It's made up of 52 meditative mantras enabling one to consciously
      experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as well as in
      external Nature in the course of the year.

      The 52 mantras are well known to many anthroposophists, but the original
      Calendar in 1912 ALSO contained 12 images of the zodiac (to be meditated on
      to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day) and the
      Moon's position in the constellations was listed for each night (for sensing
      the 'lunar' forces), as well as a list of saints and other spiritual figures
      to meditate on connected with specific days of the week, because the
      entrances and exits of human spirits are also connected with the cosmos and
      Time. We're presenting all that here each week---this has not been done since
      1912 and is available nowhere else.

      First, this week's meditative mantra in the original German and in

      * M A N T R A # 1 6 *
      Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,
      Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,
      Dass reifend Gottesgaben
      In Seelengründen fruchtend
      Der Selbstheit Früchte bringen.

      To save the Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self
      Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,
      So that those ripening God-gifts
      In the Soul’s Ground bearing fruit
      The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

      In the Summer the human spirit 'loses itself' in the world, and then in
      Winter it separates itself from it again. Last week this giving oneself over
      to the Spirit was at its strongest: this week we seek to hold onto what our
      inner selves have received from the Spirit for the future. The cosmos will
      itself 'awaken' in us at Christmas, and as it does, our own fruits will ripen
      along with its.

      some of the spiritual figures connected with the days. Attached to this post
      is the JPEG image of the sign Cancer---the Doctor said the Sun is under its
      influence from July 21st to August 3rd in our era.

      Sunday July 29th. Moon Skorpius. Simplicius. 1856 Robert Schumann died.
      Monday July 30th. Moon Skorpius. Ruth.
      Tuesday July 31st. Moon Sagittarius.1472 University of Munich founded.
      1556 Ignatius von Loyola died. 1886 Franz Liszt died.
      Wednesday August 1st. Moon Sagittarius. Macabees. 1744 Natural Scientist
      Lamarck born.
      Thursday August 2nd. Moon Capricornus. Hannibal. 1832 Olcott born.
      Friday August 3rd. Moon Capricornus. Full Moon. 1492 Start of the first
      Voyage of
      Saturday August 4th. Moon Aquarius. Dominic (Founder of the Dominican Order).
      King of Judea. Josias, the Prophet. Tertullian.
      Aristarchus. 1792 the Poet
      Shelley born.

      Dr. Starman