RE: [anthroposophy] Thursday's metal, planet, grain, colour etc.

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 27, 2001
      >I've had a few people tell me about Steiner's indications about grains and the days of the week.

      ...grains can be placed from the watery/flowing to the dry/rigid. Maize was at one end and rice at the other- it, of course, growing in flooded fields.
      Then there are the four grains of the four elements: rye/melancholic,
      wheat/phlegmatic, oats/choleric, rice/sanguine. There are four salts that
      predominate in these but I would need to look them up-

      > I understand that the representative metal for Venus is copper, for instance.

      These metals are not so much "representatives" but actually connected
      etherically with the planets- Sun/gold,Mars/iron, Jupiter/tin, Moon/silver,
      Saturn/lead.
      The first Goetheanum had seven columns made of the seven trees connected
      with the seven planets- oak/Mars etc.

      *******And the same order can be observed in the grains, with threefold wheat showing the Sun's influence and corn being like the mulberry in that it is made of innumerable smaller globes, like ancient Saturn. Mercury, most fluid of the metals, corresponds to millet, which has the signature of Merkur in that it forms drop-like shapes, and millet when cooked becomes liquid quickly and as a flour likewise dissolves. Mars rules the oat and the oak, whose names are even eytemologically related.

      Dr. Starman
    • Bradford Riley
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 29, 2001
        >From: tell me about Steiner's indications about grains and the days of the
        >week.
        >
        >...grains can be placed from the watery/flowing to the dry/rigid. Maize was
        >at one end and rice at the other- it, of course, growing in flooded fields.
        >Then there are the four grains of the four elements: rye/melancholic,
        >wheat/phlegmatic, oats/choleric, rice/sanguine. There are four salts that
        >predominate in these but I would need to look them up-
        >
        > > I understand that the representative metal for Venus is copper, for
        >instance.
        >
        >These metals are not so much "representatives" but actually connected
        >etherically with the planets- Sun/gold,Mars/iron, Jupiter/tin, Moon/silver,
        >Saturn/lead.
        >The first Goetheanum had seven columns made of the seven trees connected
        >with the seven planets- oak/Mars etc.

        Saturn Maize lead beech

        Sun Wheat gold ash

        Moon Rice silver cherry

        Mars oats iron oak

        mercury millet mercury elm

        jupiter rye tin maple

        Venus barley copper birch

        (I knew I had a list somewhere)

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 30, 2001
          Bibi van Bussel has a web site devoted to planetary qualities and
          related matters from an anthroposophical perspective. The url is
          www.xs4all.nl/~busbi/ or http://www.xs4all.nl/~busbi/
          I do not know Bibi's background or training, but it is interesting to
          ponder.
          Debbie Barford
        • Sarah Cherry
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1, 2001
            Debbie,

            Thanks for posting the link to Bibi's wonderful site. I had somehow
            lost the link in my bookmarks in the transferring of ISPs.

            As Ernst Marti puts it in his little book "The Four Ethers", "The
            forces of the stars create the individual substances from the
            initially undifferentiated potentialities of the elements."

            Sarah