Re: Genoa

  • Guillermo Romero Ibarrola
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 25, 2001
      >Besides, I think it would be a travesty for an Anthroposophical group to pass
      >over a world event as significant and disturbing as Genoa without at least
      >attempting to share our views, knowledge, and spiritual insights.

      My 2 cents (of a Mexican Peso, of course):

      For those of you interested and able to understand spanish, there is an
      excelent cartoon on the Genova events from one of Mexico's best journalists
      at http://www.reforma.com/Carton/calderon/htm/20010722.htm. There Calderon
      puts two pictures side by side, both famous: the one of the cornered Land
      Rover been attacked by an anonimuos crowd (and the also anonimous armed arm
      killing one of the crowd) and the other, the one of the single young men
      stoping the tank in Bejin 1989, where Calderon notes that the dignity of
      the manifestator induces that the person controling the tank find his own
      human dignity and decides to stop the machine.

      I have found that a middle path is normally the best alternative, and the
      one that eventually finds its way and takes place. Changes in the world
      are gradual, we already face global markets as opposed to local markets,
      (and in truth, we have always been global, and have no other alternative
      than being Global, from many perspectives: economic, environmental,
      spiritual). (ie. "Global Village, Spaceship Earth", Gai, etc.)

      The real problem is not globalization, but individual or group agendas that
      try to derive benefits and priviledges from others. (economic, social,
      natural resources, or just pretending to be the holders of Truth for a
      while). That is the root problem for all human conflicts and the only
      solution I forsee is the "unity of conciousness", which I am most certain
      will come as a result of extremes finding a middle temporary solution,
      until the extremes become gradually less extreme, and the middle will be
      the common ground.

      In Anthroposophic terms I see the globalophobics acting on a luciferic
      impulse and the "8 plus Russia" acting on a arihmanic impulse, the solution
      would be in the middle again, in the Christ impulse, and that is an impulse
      of "unconditional Love", of unity, isn't?.

      I see such conflicts as a learning experience for us Humans, a part of the
      game we call life, which is nothing more than a Game of learning. No one
      at the extremes is right, but there is a purpose for all.

      Greetings

      (All of the above of course IMHO)

      Guillermo