Re: Body Politics

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 29, 2008
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "isenhart7" <isenhart7@...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mason <robertsmason_99@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Why does McCain's body language look so bad as
      > > compared to Obama's?
      >
      > No doubt because he can't do the candidate/beauty pageant (guess
      > what-they're one in the same) wave.-Val

      It may actually prove one day that Obamer is a wolf in sheeps
      clothing. I don't know, not being particularly saavy in the realm of
      politics, or attempting to institute 'clean' elections. But I found
      something here that just might strike a chord amongst us. It concerns
      a fellow named Sabbatai Zewi, who called himself the Messiah back in
      the seventeenth century in order to gain a following, and when he
      ultimately didn't, reverted to the Islam he was truly more accustomed
      to. - Steve

      "The people of Europe were well aware that no conception of the Christ
      could come from the Arabs. If they had anything to say their ideas
      would not accord with the real Christ-idea. The various prophets who
      arose as false Messiahs up to Schabbathoi Zewi were really the outcome
      of Arabism, and had no knowledge of the Christ-Impulse. We must
      understand that the neighbouring stream of Arabism had to he made
      fruitful by quite other elements, not by solving in any way the central
      mystery of Christ. This must also be our attitude towards the stream
      which approaches us to-day, as the renewal of an ancient one, bringing
      us understanding of reincarnation and karma, but being incapable of
      imparting understanding of the Christ-Impulse. For this would be as
      absurd as to think the Arabs could impart a right conception of Christ
      to the people of Europe. They imparted many ideas concerning false
      Messiahs to Europe up to the time of Schabbathoi Zewi, and such things
      will occur again, for human evolution only progresses when strengthened
      by seeing through such deceptions. We must penetrate ever more deeply
      and consciously into these connections. Facts will show that the
      spiritual science founded by European Rosicrucians, with Christ as its
      central idea, will be established in the souls of men against all
      opposition and all misleadings."

      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/Excursus/19110313p01.html