Re: [anthroposophy] seven year and other rhythms-Re: Thursday's metal, planet, grain, colour etc.

  • Bradford Riley
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 23, 2001
      >From: elaineupton
      >
      >Hello Cynthia, Bradford, and all,
      >
      >My nephew, with computer, faxes, and all, learns things I didn't
      >begin to know at his age. Will ego development--as in recognition of
      >a little "I want" instead of "Mary wants" change from 3 years old to
      >an earlier age? Will change of teeth occur sooner than around 7-6
      >years old. Will puberty be fulfilled sooner than around 14? Will mid-
      >life symptoms occur earlier than around 35? And in the world of
      >planets, etc. will there be changes?

      Bradford writes:

      Menstruation, incarnation time frames are certainly moving around
      considerably. In America bodily constitutions sort of 'weed up' with
      terrible nutritional forces. Specialized animal/etheric enhancements and the
      etheric/geophysical forces in America help promote this weeding up.
      Education without balance and emphasis through milk products and certain
      sensory externalizations, video, t.v. etc.. give the soul an antipathy to
      real wrought quests for patterns in thinking and knowledge. The thinking
      forces would help curtail the growth forces but the American soul life shys
      away from such nervous system influences.

      Menstruation has dropped down to age 11 in some cases and Steiner knew that
      reproductive forces would continue to drop to lower and lower ages ranges,
      but much of this has to do with natural rhythm of the etheric body when
      stars and night were not; twenty-four hour a day, neon lit candy stores for
      the astral body.

      Astral sugars and fast food have something to do with it, but also the lack
      of sunset and sunrise ritual and rhythmic patterns of sleep. Decayed light,
      through electro magnetic forces and electricity have spread a moth like soul
      field, a false light attraction into the child. These premature astral
      forces prematurely begin a decay and early germination of false light
      attraction, instead of true sun. Even the discernment of relationships have
      had to deal with false sun, false discernment, moth like attractions ever
      since Jimmy Dean and even as far back as Frank Sinatra and other teen idols
      that create false astral discernments.

      Examination of the relation between moth and butterfly is a key to
      understanding false astral light and true light.

      Incarnation patterns have been adjusted for several reasons. Michael factors
      of needing souls to gain experience on earth before the full fall of star
      and Devachan knowledge passes over to Cloning and DNA puzzle and arbitrary
      fitting of human biological and karmic materials to genetic clothes hangars.
      Souls are needed to insert themselves here before humans go down the wrong
      road. Steiner understood that when he mentioned those in the hall hearing
      his lecture would be coming back to earth very quickly with him. Standard
      and general ideas such as Male and Female in a thousand year patterns has
      changed very quickly. There is some indication of 100 year and perhaps
      shorter periods from two different reasons. The Michael School insights
      allow for quick learners in the spirit and the materialistic soul unable to
      go deeper into the spiritual world and needing to return rapidly.

      The following Steiner pattern has remained a riddle to me. It seems that we
      could break this system he has presented down into something we could
      monitoriing more carefully. Some mathematical sense of the timepiece of our
      system.

      "It is taken for granted that certain things must be known in order to
      understand a clock; someone who has not the slightest idea of how the wheels
      of a clock work together, etc. will hardly attempt to explain, on the spur
      of the moment, the details of a clock's mechanism. Yet we wish to be
      competent judges of free will and necessity in all situations of life
      without having learned anything fundamental about these things. We prefer
      to remain ignorant concerning the most important and most essential things,
      which can only be understood if we consider their whole relationship to
      human nature, and we wish to know and judge everything imaginable, of our
      own accord... When it is shown that the human being is a complicated being,
      organized in manifold ways, a being that penetrates deeply, on the one hand,
      into all that is connected with the physical plane, and on the other hand,
      into all that is connected with the spiritual world, then people often
      object that such things are dry and intellectual... The world will have to
      learn how much lies hidden in man and in his relationship with the course of
      the world's evolution... We can differentiate roughly in man what we may
      call his physical nature, or his physical body; his etheric body, or the
      body of formative forces, as I have called it; his astral body, which is
      already psychic; and the actual ego... The following figures will make you
      realize this. A human being is, let us say, 7 years old; this means nothing
      less than this: - his physical body has reached the age of 7 years. His
      etheric body, his body of formative forces, is not yet 7 years old, for his
      body of formative forces does not maintain the same speed as the physical
      body and has not yet reached this age. We are not aware of such things just
      because we imagine time as one continuous stream, and thus we cannot form
      the thought that different things maintain different speeds within the
      course of time. This physical body which is 7 years old has developed
      according to a certain speed. The etheric body develops more slowly, the
      astral body still more slowly, and the slowest of all, the ego. The etheric
      body is only 5 years and 3 months old when the physical body is 7 years old,
      because it develops more slowly. The astral body is 3 years and 6 months
      old, and the ego, 1 year and 9 months... The ego undergoes a slower
      development on the physical plane... Hence if someone is 28 years old as far
      as his physical body is concerned, then his ego is only 7 years old... for
      instance, one human being may normally become 28 years old, while another
      child may grow more slowly and after 28 years be like a child of 7. Thus
      the whole matter appears at first like an abstract truth. But it is a
      fundamental reality in man... This means that during our development as
      human beings between birth and death we are indeed mere apparitions of a
      reality. We make the impression of being four times as clever as we really
      are."

      In other words, could we break this down into the whole seven year age range
      and get a kind of chart ratio? The ratios would naturally be individualized
      but we might be able to see the real underlying patterns as to what impacts
      come emotionally, medically, etherically, mentally etc.

      Finally a strong holding pattern still remains and holds up, is the
      thirty-three year pattern. A great deal indicates that this pattern, perhaps
      and ego pattern. How old is the ego at Thirty-three for instance? We know
      that the Zarathustra Jesus entered the twelve year old Nathan Jesus and was
      submerged in Him for 21 years. After those twenty-one years we find him
      hanging on the hill of Golgotha.

      PLANET SYNODIC PERIOD ANIMAL GESTATION PERIOD

      Earth 365 days horse 360 days

      Moon 28 days rabbit, 28 days
      hare, rat

      Venus 584 days two cows 292 X 2 days

      Mars 780 days Elephant 780 days

      I have only recently begun to connect the higher patterns to events in the
      bio-field of the earth. Venus rotation gives us a time frame for the
      gestation of the human from conception to birth.

      The Elephant was not only the Indra god of War but Mars has a very important
      place for Buddha and what is the nature of the Elephant.

      The Bee and the hatchig of eggs for instance follows the 1 day rotation of
      the Sun. Earth 1 day is 24 hours, but Sun one day is 25 earth days. There
      are hundreds of numerical/bio relationships which literally nail down cosmic
      influences in the earthly world. I need help if on these. Some of them are
      botanical clocks which registar etheric patterns and others are animal
      gestation studies.

      Bradford

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 24, 2001
        Thank you, Bradford, for your detailed and inspiring letter full of
        thoughts and observations on speeding up of seven year
        rhythms, especially on what has occured in our time
        as "attraction to false light", through tv, internet, neon lights,
        attraction to film stars back as far as JImmy Dean and Sinatra,
        etc. Very en-lightening on false light (smile! Much to meditate
        upon in what you say. Actually, I've printed out your letter for
        further perusal.

        You wrote:
        >examination of the relation between moth and butterfly is a key
        >to understanding false astral light and true light.

        Please, if you will, say more on this. I am aware that a moth is
        attracted to electric light bulbs, say, porch lights at night. I've
        never seen butterflies at night, and am terribly ignorant. Does
        that mean butterflies are sleeping, and only wake for the real
        sunlight? If so, here is a lesson for us...

        You also say, a little later in your post (quoting Steiner?):

        >"It is taken for granted that certain things must be known in
        >order to understand a clock; someone who has not the slightest
        >idea of how the wheels of a clock work together, etc. will hardly
        >attempt to explain, on the spur of the moment, the details of a
        >clock's mechanism. Yet we wish to be competent judges of free
        >will and necessity in all situations of life without having learned
        >anything fundamental about these things. . . . "

        Yes, indeed. In America, this is especially so. We have the news
        reporters microphone at all kinds of mouths, and the quick sound
        bite response, where people offer their opinions on anything from
        stem cell research to which is the best ice cream in town to
        abortion to seatbelt use to free speech on T-Shirts to --you
        name it. And the U.S. Congress pays attention to all these polls
        (based on the same unfounded opinions on everything under the
        sun), and then the Congress passes legislation to rule our lives.
        Now, where are the priests and the Crones and the Initiates in all
        this? Where is the spiritual leadership from those who have
        studied and carry the "true light that lighteth every man[woman,
        being] that cometh into the world"?

        The quote from Steiner goes on to the point of being human,
        what this is, and the development of knowledge, of a knowing in
        different time spans in the four bodies (physical--the fastest
        development, etheric, astral, ego--the slowest development of
        knowing). Steiner as you quote him says "We are not aware of
        such things because we imagine time as one continuous stream,
        and thus we cannot form the thought that different things
        maintain different speeds within the course of time."

        Excellent! What an eye opener--bringer of light!

        Steiner (as you quote him):
        "Hence is someone is 28 years old, as far as his physical body is
        concerned, then his ego is only 7 years old . . . This means that
        during our development as human beings between birth and
        death we are indeed mere apparitions of a reality. We make the
        impression of being four times as clever as we really are."

        Then there is the whole matter of the twelve year and thirty three
        year rhythm. Last night I read Nobel Peace Laureate and former
        Archbishop Desmond Tutu on why certain things happened in
        the early 90's in South Africa--Mandela released Feb 2, 1990, the
        voting for a new South Africa (where all races voted for the first
        time, miraculously without a single incidence of violence or
        corruption) in April 1994, the development of one of the most
        liberal Constitutions the world has seen in modern times, etc.
        Bishop Tutu goes on to quote Paul, about things happening in
        "the fullness of time".

        I've heard it said that "fullness" here could also be "plethora"--
        the plethora of time--all times coming together.

        Paul refers to the incarnation, life, and Golgotha Event with Jesus
        of Nazareth as happening in the "fullness of time." Bishop Tutu
        said that things came together in South Africa (as they has with
        the fall of Soviet communism, and with the movements in other
        southern African countries). All these other events prepared the
        way for South Africa--something was in the air, so to say, and
        the time was ripe.

        Relevant to this is what you write:

        >I have only recently begun to connect the higher patterns to
        events in the bio-earth field.

        (This is reference to STeiner's chart about certain Earth and
        cosmic events in rhythms of time...)

        Much to study and feed on here.

        Let's continue!
        Thank you!
        elaine
      • DRStarman2001@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 27, 2001
          >I've had a few people tell me about Steiner's indications about grains and the days of the week.

          ...grains can be placed from the watery/flowing to the dry/rigid. Maize was at one end and rice at the other- it, of course, growing in flooded fields.
          Then there are the four grains of the four elements: rye/melancholic,
          wheat/phlegmatic, oats/choleric, rice/sanguine. There are four salts that
          predominate in these but I would need to look them up-

          > I understand that the representative metal for Venus is copper, for instance.

          These metals are not so much "representatives" but actually connected
          etherically with the planets- Sun/gold,Mars/iron, Jupiter/tin, Moon/silver,
          Saturn/lead.
          The first Goetheanum had seven columns made of the seven trees connected
          with the seven planets- oak/Mars etc.

          *******And the same order can be observed in the grains, with threefold wheat showing the Sun's influence and corn being like the mulberry in that it is made of innumerable smaller globes, like ancient Saturn. Mercury, most fluid of the metals, corresponds to millet, which has the signature of Merkur in that it forms drop-like shapes, and millet when cooked becomes liquid quickly and as a flour likewise dissolves. Mars rules the oat and the oak, whose names are even eytemologically related.

          Dr. Starman
        • Bradford Riley
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 29, 2001
            >From: tell me about Steiner's indications about grains and the days of the
            >week.
            >
            >...grains can be placed from the watery/flowing to the dry/rigid. Maize was
            >at one end and rice at the other- it, of course, growing in flooded fields.
            >Then there are the four grains of the four elements: rye/melancholic,
            >wheat/phlegmatic, oats/choleric, rice/sanguine. There are four salts that
            >predominate in these but I would need to look them up-
            >
            > > I understand that the representative metal for Venus is copper, for
            >instance.
            >
            >These metals are not so much "representatives" but actually connected
            >etherically with the planets- Sun/gold,Mars/iron, Jupiter/tin, Moon/silver,
            >Saturn/lead.
            >The first Goetheanum had seven columns made of the seven trees connected
            >with the seven planets- oak/Mars etc.

            Saturn Maize lead beech

            Sun Wheat gold ash

            Moon Rice silver cherry

            Mars oats iron oak

            mercury millet mercury elm

            jupiter rye tin maple

            Venus barley copper birch

            (I knew I had a list somewhere)

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 30, 2001
              Bibi van Bussel has a web site devoted to planetary qualities and
              related matters from an anthroposophical perspective. The url is
              www.xs4all.nl/~busbi/ or http://www.xs4all.nl/~busbi/
              I do not know Bibi's background or training, but it is interesting to
              ponder.
              Debbie Barford
            • Sarah Cherry
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 1, 2001
                Debbie,

                Thanks for posting the link to Bibi's wonderful site. I had somehow
                lost the link in my bookmarks in the transferring of ISPs.

                As Ernst Marti puts it in his little book "The Four Ethers", "The
                forces of the stars create the individual substances from the
                initially undifferentiated potentialities of the elements."

                Sarah