further investigations into the AAG mystery

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2008
      To All,
      especially those who can read German:

      For those who don't know: Rudolf Saacke is the
      man who literally wrote the book on the tangled
      history of the founding of the entity that we
      know today as the "General Anthroposophical
      Society" of Dornach. That book is in German
      *Die Formfrage der Anthroposophischen Gesellschaft
      und die Innere Opposition gegen Rudolf Steiner*.

      Just recently Saacke has posted online Part 2
      of his book, which apparently focuses especially
      on "secret of the 3rd of August 1924". Unhappily,
      since I can hardly read German, I can't
      understand much of a detailed presentation such
      as this. But for those who are still interested
      in the "constitutional question" or, for that
      matter, in the character and destiny of the
      Society (and the karmically intertwined
      Movement), this new research will probably
      be indispensable. It can be found at
      <http://www.anthroposophie-online.de>.

      FYI,

      Robert Mason
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2008
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mason
        <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

        > To All,
        > especially those who can read German:
        >
        > For those who don't know: Rudolf Saacke is the
        > man who literally wrote the book on the tangled
        > history of the founding of the entity that we
        > know today as the "General Anthroposophical
        > Society" of Dornach. That book is in German
        > *Die Formfrage der Anthroposophischen Gesellschaft
        > und die Innere Opposition gegen Rudolf Steiner*.
        >
        > Just recently Saacke has posted online Part 2
        > of his book, which apparently focuses especially
        > on "secret of the 3rd of August 1924". Unhappily,
        > since I can hardly read German, I can't
        > understand much of a detailed presentation such
        > as this. But for those who are still interested
        > in the "constitutional question" or, for that
        > matter, in the character and destiny of the
        > Society (and the karmically intertwined
        > Movement), this new research will probably
        > be indispensable. It can be found at
        > <http://www.anthroposophie-online.de>.
        >
        > FYI,
        >
        > Robert Mason

        Robert,

        I consider Rudolf Saacke's undaunted effort in this regard, when
        people so very much want it to be a dead issue, the work of a fine
        and exemplary Michaelic figure. The path of veneration and devotion
        to truth and knowledge must also deal with the negative side of
        truth, as painful and disturbing as it is. Truth Will Out, and must
        be told in spite of the conveniently conservative assessment of being
        a crank anthroposophist and mental malcontent for having the interest
        in the subject. For Rudolf Saacke it is obviously, for very intimate
        reasons of association, his destiny to tell this story, and I
        applaude the effort. It is very important.

        Babelfish allows large segments of text to be translated simply by
        entering a 'url' and this has given a great deal of insight already
        into the content of this book translated into English. Re-arranging
        for syntax into english sentences is relatively an easy process.

        I know that this subject has interested me now for about ten years,
        and hasn't gone away.