Calendar of the Soul, Week 14

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16 11:58 AM
      Sorry to be late with this week's 'Calendar' again.

      For those new to the 'Calendar': the cycle of the year can be a
      meditation in itself, through which you can sense the Beings that are behind
      the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' to do
      this. It's made up of 52 meditative mantras enabling one to consciously
      experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as well as in
      external Nature in the course of the year.

      The 52 mantras are well known to many anthroposophists, but the original
      Calendar in 1912 ALSO contained 12 images of the zodiac (to be meditated on
      to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day) and the
      Moon's position in the constellations was listed for each night (for sensing
      the 'lunar' forces), as well as a list of saints and other spiritual figures
      to meditate on connected with specific days of the week, because the
      entrances and exits of human spirits are also connected with the cosmos and
      Time. We're presenting all that here each week---this has not been done since
      1912 and is available nowhere else.

      First, this week's meditative mantra in the original German and in
      translation:

      * M A N T R A # 1 4 (Summer) *
      An Sinnesoffenbarung hingegeben,
      Verlor ich mein Eigenwesens Trieb,
      Gedankentraum, er schien
      Betäubend mir das Selbst zu rauben,
      Doch weckend nahet schon
      In Sinnenschein mir Weltendanken.

      To Senses' offerings given over
      I lose Self-Essence's Drive;
      Dreaminess of Thinking, it seems
      To stupefy me, the Self to rob,
      But a waking now approaches
      From Senses' Shining in me of World-Thinking.

      This is the Summer 'Fire' theme of 'losing oneself'. This fiery feeling
      of the senses is at its height, and threatens to deprive us of all
      self-awareness; but within the senses' brilliance is a forecast that the
      thinking of the cosmos will itself awaken in you.

      some of the spiritual figures connected with the days. Attached to this post
      is the JPEG image of the sign Gemini (the Doctor said the Sun is under its
      influence from June 16th to July 20th in our era.) We will send Cancer next
      week.

      Sunday July 15th. Moon Taurus. Vitus.
      Monday July 16th. Moon Taurus. Aurelius.
      Tuesday July 17th. Moon Taurus. Montanus.
      Wednesday July 18th. Moon Gemini. Markus.
      Thursday July 19th. Moon Gemini. Council of Nicea 325 A.D.
      Friday July 20th. Moon Cancer. New Moon. Silverius.
      Saturday July 21st. Moon Cancer. Eusebius.

      Dr. Starman