Re: Coffee

  • 888
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 1999
      Dear Mark,
      >I have been having a glass of wine in the evenings for a while now,
      >and sometimes a beer. But I am glad to hear this so that I know what
      >I can make a good choice.

      Though I posted those "rules" it's all about studying facts and then
      making choices.
      Alcohol itself is an interesting story. Thanks for the opportunity of
      carrying this further- I'll do that at a later date. (Unless anyone else
      wants a go.)

      I have an interesting RS lecture on opium as well.

      Prohibition was a problem of course. Rudolf remarked how it was that
      people tend to find something worse. In this case it was cocaine.
      Cocaine drinks and lollies (candy)were produced as the "healthy" alcohol
      alternative- we still have Coca Cola from those days. (They still used
      to put coca leaf flavouring in when the cocaine was banned.)

      Again, when opium smoking was stamped out in China users turned to
      heroin- it was easier to hide. We're left with that problem today.

      Steiner claimed the drug problem was caused by cultural decay. The
      unused forces are taken up in drug use.

      I saw on the TV the other day a show about the mystical kingdom of
      Bhutan. The king declared he was more interested in gross national
      happiness, than gross national product. It is a place exceedingly rich
      in culture. Anyway marijuana grows like grass over there- it's all over
      the place. Hardly anyone smokes it though, they feed it to the pigs.
      Someone remarked that it was the only place in the world where pigs fly!

      Warm Regards,
      Bruce