RE: [anthroposophy] Thursday's metal, planet, grain, colour etc.

  • 888
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 6 6:45 PM
      Hello Cynthia

      >I've had a few people tell me about Steiner's indications
      >about grains and the days of the week.

      I wonder if anyone knows whether Steiner did in fact indicate this. Yes, I
      have heard it is used in the Waldorf movement, but I wonder whether this is
      a later tradition. It's just that I never heard of this idea years ago.

      I was priveleged in the 70s to be part of a group studying curative
      education with Dr. Maria Glas, and this is where I first heard of the seven
      grains. I don't remember her ever mentioning eating grains on particular
      days of the week. What she did present was a series of drawings showing how
      the grains can be placed from the watery/flowing to the dry/rigid. Maize was
      at one end and rice at the other- it, of course, growing in flooded fields.

      Then there are the four grains of the four elements: rye/melancholic,
      wheat/phlegmatic, oats/choleric, rice/sanguine. There are four salts that
      predominate in these but I would need to look them up- maybe someone else
      knows.

      So rather than slavishly following certain grains on certain days you could
      make a needs based decision.

      Someone mentioned how RS said that he could have given diets as part of
      Waldorf education, but this could have been misused. Diets can have amazing
      effects. I remember one story I heard in Camphill, where a boy who was
      continually bent over, "straigthened out" when a change in diet was given
      him. This consisted of him being fed root vegetables for breakfast, and
      cereals later in the day- a sort of reversal of our usual custom.

      > I understand
      >that the representative metal for Venus is copper, for instance.

      These metals are not so much "representatives" but actually connected
      etherically with the planets- Sun/gold,Mars/iron, Jupiter/tin, Moon/silver,
      Saturn/lead.

      The first Goetheanum had seven columns made of the seven trees connected
      with the seven planets- oak/Mars etc.

      Kind Regards,
      Bruce
    • Bradford Riley
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 11 9:07 AM
        >From: Cynthia Kennedy

        >Hello Everyone,
        >
        >I am becoming very interested in the cycles of seven and how they
        >interrelate. I've had a few people tell me about Steiner's indications
        >about grains and the days of the week. (each day having a particular
        >grain

        While I have some of the information, it is buried in some boxes, but the
        expert in the field is a wonderful American woman named Susan Riley who is
        working on an amazing project of distilling grains to become milk, not like
        soy but planetary grain milk.

        bio-s@...

        Bradford
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 23 8:26 AM
          Hello Cynthia, Bradford, and all,

          I'm just jumping in here after a period of absence.

          Interested in the cycles of seven? A very good topic. What I am
          wondering is whether the cycles of seven, the rhythm of seven is
          changing, because so much is speeded up in our present world of time
          and rhythm. It used to take souls longer between death and rebirth to
          make their way back to Earth, but that rhythm has also changed, so
          what about cycles of seven?

          My nephew, with computer, faxes, and all, learns things I didn't
          begin to know at his age. Will ego development--as in recognition of
          a little "I want" instead of "Mary wants" change from 3 years old to
          an earlier age? Will change of teeth occur sooner than around 7-6
          years old. Will puberty be fulfilled sooner than around 14? Will mid-
          life symptoms occur earlier than around 35? And in the world of
          planets, etc. will there be changes?

          I'm asking...

          Peace be with you,
          elaine

          > >Hello Everyone,
          > >
          > >I am becoming very interested in the cycles of seven and how they
          > >interrelate. I've had a few people tell me about Steiner's
          indications
          > >about grains and the days of the week. (each day having a
          particular
          > >grain

          .msn.com
        • Bradford Riley
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 23 10:46 AM
            >From: elaineupton
            >
            >Hello Cynthia, Bradford, and all,
            >
            >My nephew, with computer, faxes, and all, learns things I didn't
            >begin to know at his age. Will ego development--as in recognition of
            >a little "I want" instead of "Mary wants" change from 3 years old to
            >an earlier age? Will change of teeth occur sooner than around 7-6
            >years old. Will puberty be fulfilled sooner than around 14? Will mid-
            >life symptoms occur earlier than around 35? And in the world of
            >planets, etc. will there be changes?

            Bradford writes:

            Menstruation, incarnation time frames are certainly moving around
            considerably. In America bodily constitutions sort of 'weed up' with
            terrible nutritional forces. Specialized animal/etheric enhancements and the
            etheric/geophysical forces in America help promote this weeding up.
            Education without balance and emphasis through milk products and certain
            sensory externalizations, video, t.v. etc.. give the soul an antipathy to
            real wrought quests for patterns in thinking and knowledge. The thinking
            forces would help curtail the growth forces but the American soul life shys
            away from such nervous system influences.

            Menstruation has dropped down to age 11 in some cases and Steiner knew that
            reproductive forces would continue to drop to lower and lower ages ranges,
            but much of this has to do with natural rhythm of the etheric body when
            stars and night were not; twenty-four hour a day, neon lit candy stores for
            the astral body.

            Astral sugars and fast food have something to do with it, but also the lack
            of sunset and sunrise ritual and rhythmic patterns of sleep. Decayed light,
            through electro magnetic forces and electricity have spread a moth like soul
            field, a false light attraction into the child. These premature astral
            forces prematurely begin a decay and early germination of false light
            attraction, instead of true sun. Even the discernment of relationships have
            had to deal with false sun, false discernment, moth like attractions ever
            since Jimmy Dean and even as far back as Frank Sinatra and other teen idols
            that create false astral discernments.

            Examination of the relation between moth and butterfly is a key to
            understanding false astral light and true light.

            Incarnation patterns have been adjusted for several reasons. Michael factors
            of needing souls to gain experience on earth before the full fall of star
            and Devachan knowledge passes over to Cloning and DNA puzzle and arbitrary
            fitting of human biological and karmic materials to genetic clothes hangars.
            Souls are needed to insert themselves here before humans go down the wrong
            road. Steiner understood that when he mentioned those in the hall hearing
            his lecture would be coming back to earth very quickly with him. Standard
            and general ideas such as Male and Female in a thousand year patterns has
            changed very quickly. There is some indication of 100 year and perhaps
            shorter periods from two different reasons. The Michael School insights
            allow for quick learners in the spirit and the materialistic soul unable to
            go deeper into the spiritual world and needing to return rapidly.

            The following Steiner pattern has remained a riddle to me. It seems that we
            could break this system he has presented down into something we could
            monitoriing more carefully. Some mathematical sense of the timepiece of our
            system.

            "It is taken for granted that certain things must be known in order to
            understand a clock; someone who has not the slightest idea of how the wheels
            of a clock work together, etc. will hardly attempt to explain, on the spur
            of the moment, the details of a clock's mechanism. Yet we wish to be
            competent judges of free will and necessity in all situations of life
            without having learned anything fundamental about these things. We prefer
            to remain ignorant concerning the most important and most essential things,
            which can only be understood if we consider their whole relationship to
            human nature, and we wish to know and judge everything imaginable, of our
            own accord... When it is shown that the human being is a complicated being,
            organized in manifold ways, a being that penetrates deeply, on the one hand,
            into all that is connected with the physical plane, and on the other hand,
            into all that is connected with the spiritual world, then people often
            object that such things are dry and intellectual... The world will have to
            learn how much lies hidden in man and in his relationship with the course of
            the world's evolution... We can differentiate roughly in man what we may
            call his physical nature, or his physical body; his etheric body, or the
            body of formative forces, as I have called it; his astral body, which is
            already psychic; and the actual ego... The following figures will make you
            realize this. A human being is, let us say, 7 years old; this means nothing
            less than this: - his physical body has reached the age of 7 years. His
            etheric body, his body of formative forces, is not yet 7 years old, for his
            body of formative forces does not maintain the same speed as the physical
            body and has not yet reached this age. We are not aware of such things just
            because we imagine time as one continuous stream, and thus we cannot form
            the thought that different things maintain different speeds within the
            course of time. This physical body which is 7 years old has developed
            according to a certain speed. The etheric body develops more slowly, the
            astral body still more slowly, and the slowest of all, the ego. The etheric
            body is only 5 years and 3 months old when the physical body is 7 years old,
            because it develops more slowly. The astral body is 3 years and 6 months
            old, and the ego, 1 year and 9 months... The ego undergoes a slower
            development on the physical plane... Hence if someone is 28 years old as far
            as his physical body is concerned, then his ego is only 7 years old... for
            instance, one human being may normally become 28 years old, while another
            child may grow more slowly and after 28 years be like a child of 7. Thus
            the whole matter appears at first like an abstract truth. But it is a
            fundamental reality in man... This means that during our development as
            human beings between birth and death we are indeed mere apparitions of a
            reality. We make the impression of being four times as clever as we really
            are."

            In other words, could we break this down into the whole seven year age range
            and get a kind of chart ratio? The ratios would naturally be individualized
            but we might be able to see the real underlying patterns as to what impacts
            come emotionally, medically, etherically, mentally etc.

            Finally a strong holding pattern still remains and holds up, is the
            thirty-three year pattern. A great deal indicates that this pattern, perhaps
            and ego pattern. How old is the ego at Thirty-three for instance? We know
            that the Zarathustra Jesus entered the twelve year old Nathan Jesus and was
            submerged in Him for 21 years. After those twenty-one years we find him
            hanging on the hill of Golgotha.

            PLANET SYNODIC PERIOD ANIMAL GESTATION PERIOD

            Earth 365 days horse 360 days

            Moon 28 days rabbit, 28 days
            hare, rat

            Venus 584 days two cows 292 X 2 days

            Mars 780 days Elephant 780 days

            I have only recently begun to connect the higher patterns to events in the
            bio-field of the earth. Venus rotation gives us a time frame for the
            gestation of the human from conception to birth.

            The Elephant was not only the Indra god of War but Mars has a very important
            place for Buddha and what is the nature of the Elephant.

            The Bee and the hatchig of eggs for instance follows the 1 day rotation of
            the Sun. Earth 1 day is 24 hours, but Sun one day is 25 earth days. There
            are hundreds of numerical/bio relationships which literally nail down cosmic
            influences in the earthly world. I need help if on these. Some of them are
            botanical clocks which registar etheric patterns and others are animal
            gestation studies.

            Bradford

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 24 8:33 AM
              Thank you, Bradford, for your detailed and inspiring letter full of
              thoughts and observations on speeding up of seven year
              rhythms, especially on what has occured in our time
              as "attraction to false light", through tv, internet, neon lights,
              attraction to film stars back as far as JImmy Dean and Sinatra,
              etc. Very en-lightening on false light (smile! Much to meditate
              upon in what you say. Actually, I've printed out your letter for
              further perusal.

              You wrote:
              >examination of the relation between moth and butterfly is a key
              >to understanding false astral light and true light.

              Please, if you will, say more on this. I am aware that a moth is
              attracted to electric light bulbs, say, porch lights at night. I've
              never seen butterflies at night, and am terribly ignorant. Does
              that mean butterflies are sleeping, and only wake for the real
              sunlight? If so, here is a lesson for us...

              You also say, a little later in your post (quoting Steiner?):

              >"It is taken for granted that certain things must be known in
              >order to understand a clock; someone who has not the slightest
              >idea of how the wheels of a clock work together, etc. will hardly
              >attempt to explain, on the spur of the moment, the details of a
              >clock's mechanism. Yet we wish to be competent judges of free
              >will and necessity in all situations of life without having learned
              >anything fundamental about these things. . . . "

              Yes, indeed. In America, this is especially so. We have the news
              reporters microphone at all kinds of mouths, and the quick sound
              bite response, where people offer their opinions on anything from
              stem cell research to which is the best ice cream in town to
              abortion to seatbelt use to free speech on T-Shirts to --you
              name it. And the U.S. Congress pays attention to all these polls
              (based on the same unfounded opinions on everything under the
              sun), and then the Congress passes legislation to rule our lives.
              Now, where are the priests and the Crones and the Initiates in all
              this? Where is the spiritual leadership from those who have
              studied and carry the "true light that lighteth every man[woman,
              being] that cometh into the world"?

              The quote from Steiner goes on to the point of being human,
              what this is, and the development of knowledge, of a knowing in
              different time spans in the four bodies (physical--the fastest
              development, etheric, astral, ego--the slowest development of
              knowing). Steiner as you quote him says "We are not aware of
              such things because we imagine time as one continuous stream,
              and thus we cannot form the thought that different things
              maintain different speeds within the course of time."

              Excellent! What an eye opener--bringer of light!

              Steiner (as you quote him):
              "Hence is someone is 28 years old, as far as his physical body is
              concerned, then his ego is only 7 years old . . . This means that
              during our development as human beings between birth and
              death we are indeed mere apparitions of a reality. We make the
              impression of being four times as clever as we really are."

              Then there is the whole matter of the twelve year and thirty three
              year rhythm. Last night I read Nobel Peace Laureate and former
              Archbishop Desmond Tutu on why certain things happened in
              the early 90's in South Africa--Mandela released Feb 2, 1990, the
              voting for a new South Africa (where all races voted for the first
              time, miraculously without a single incidence of violence or
              corruption) in April 1994, the development of one of the most
              liberal Constitutions the world has seen in modern times, etc.
              Bishop Tutu goes on to quote Paul, about things happening in
              "the fullness of time".

              I've heard it said that "fullness" here could also be "plethora"--
              the plethora of time--all times coming together.

              Paul refers to the incarnation, life, and Golgotha Event with Jesus
              of Nazareth as happening in the "fullness of time." Bishop Tutu
              said that things came together in South Africa (as they has with
              the fall of Soviet communism, and with the movements in other
              southern African countries). All these other events prepared the
              way for South Africa--something was in the air, so to say, and
              the time was ripe.

              Relevant to this is what you write:

              >I have only recently begun to connect the higher patterns to
              events in the bio-earth field.

              (This is reference to STeiner's chart about certain Earth and
              cosmic events in rhythms of time...)

              Much to study and feed on here.

              Let's continue!
              Thank you!
              elaine
            • DRStarman2001@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 27 1:10 PM
                >I've had a few people tell me about Steiner's indications about grains and the days of the week.

                ...grains can be placed from the watery/flowing to the dry/rigid. Maize was at one end and rice at the other- it, of course, growing in flooded fields.
                Then there are the four grains of the four elements: rye/melancholic,
                wheat/phlegmatic, oats/choleric, rice/sanguine. There are four salts that
                predominate in these but I would need to look them up-

                > I understand that the representative metal for Venus is copper, for instance.

                These metals are not so much "representatives" but actually connected
                etherically with the planets- Sun/gold,Mars/iron, Jupiter/tin, Moon/silver,
                Saturn/lead.
                The first Goetheanum had seven columns made of the seven trees connected
                with the seven planets- oak/Mars etc.

                *******And the same order can be observed in the grains, with threefold wheat showing the Sun's influence and corn being like the mulberry in that it is made of innumerable smaller globes, like ancient Saturn. Mercury, most fluid of the metals, corresponds to millet, which has the signature of Merkur in that it forms drop-like shapes, and millet when cooked becomes liquid quickly and as a flour likewise dissolves. Mars rules the oat and the oak, whose names are even eytemologically related.

                Dr. Starman
              • Bradford Riley
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 29 11:40 AM
                  >From: tell me about Steiner's indications about grains and the days of the
                  >week.
                  >
                  >...grains can be placed from the watery/flowing to the dry/rigid. Maize was
                  >at one end and rice at the other- it, of course, growing in flooded fields.
                  >Then there are the four grains of the four elements: rye/melancholic,
                  >wheat/phlegmatic, oats/choleric, rice/sanguine. There are four salts that
                  >predominate in these but I would need to look them up-
                  >
                  > > I understand that the representative metal for Venus is copper, for
                  >instance.
                  >
                  >These metals are not so much "representatives" but actually connected
                  >etherically with the planets- Sun/gold,Mars/iron, Jupiter/tin, Moon/silver,
                  >Saturn/lead.
                  >The first Goetheanum had seven columns made of the seven trees connected
                  >with the seven planets- oak/Mars etc.

                  Saturn Maize lead beech

                  Sun Wheat gold ash

                  Moon Rice silver cherry

                  Mars oats iron oak

                  mercury millet mercury elm

                  jupiter rye tin maple

                  Venus barley copper birch

                  (I knew I had a list somewhere)

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 30 9:42 AM
                    Bibi van Bussel has a web site devoted to planetary qualities and
                    related matters from an anthroposophical perspective. The url is
                    www.xs4all.nl/~busbi/ or http://www.xs4all.nl/~busbi/
                    I do not know Bibi's background or training, but it is interesting to
                    ponder.
                    Debbie Barford
                  • Sarah Cherry
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 1, 2001
                      Debbie,

                      Thanks for posting the link to Bibi's wonderful site. I had somehow
                      lost the link in my bookmarks in the transferring of ISPs.

                      As Ernst Marti puts it in his little book "The Four Ethers", "The
                      forces of the stars create the individual substances from the
                      initially undifferentiated potentialities of the elements."

                      Sarah