Thursday's metal, planet, grain, colour etc.

  • Cynthia Kennedy
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 4, 2001
      Hello Everyone,

      I am becoming very interested in the cycles of seven and how they
      interrelate. I've had a few people tell me about Steiner's indications
      about grains and the days of the week. (each day having a particular
      grain) I would like to know more... perhaps if one of you has this
      chart or better yet applies this principle to your lifestyle.

      I too am interested in the planets and their respective days of the week
      as well as the metals which are linked with the planets. I understand
      that the representative metal for Venus is copper, for instance.

      Lastly, I understand that there is a colour representation for each day.

      It would be most helpful to have this information. I am a Waldorf
      parent and lazure artist. I work with supportive healing modalities and
      this information would help me to have clarity in this work.

      Blessings,

      Cynthia Kennedy
      Toronto
    • 888
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 6, 2001
        Hello Cynthia

        >I've had a few people tell me about Steiner's indications
        >about grains and the days of the week.

        I wonder if anyone knows whether Steiner did in fact indicate this. Yes, I
        have heard it is used in the Waldorf movement, but I wonder whether this is
        a later tradition. It's just that I never heard of this idea years ago.

        I was priveleged in the 70s to be part of a group studying curative
        education with Dr. Maria Glas, and this is where I first heard of the seven
        grains. I don't remember her ever mentioning eating grains on particular
        days of the week. What she did present was a series of drawings showing how
        the grains can be placed from the watery/flowing to the dry/rigid. Maize was
        at one end and rice at the other- it, of course, growing in flooded fields.

        Then there are the four grains of the four elements: rye/melancholic,
        wheat/phlegmatic, oats/choleric, rice/sanguine. There are four salts that
        predominate in these but I would need to look them up- maybe someone else
        knows.

        So rather than slavishly following certain grains on certain days you could
        make a needs based decision.

        Someone mentioned how RS said that he could have given diets as part of
        Waldorf education, but this could have been misused. Diets can have amazing
        effects. I remember one story I heard in Camphill, where a boy who was
        continually bent over, "straigthened out" when a change in diet was given
        him. This consisted of him being fed root vegetables for breakfast, and
        cereals later in the day- a sort of reversal of our usual custom.

        > I understand
        >that the representative metal for Venus is copper, for instance.

        These metals are not so much "representatives" but actually connected
        etherically with the planets- Sun/gold,Mars/iron, Jupiter/tin, Moon/silver,
        Saturn/lead.

        The first Goetheanum had seven columns made of the seven trees connected
        with the seven planets- oak/Mars etc.

        Kind Regards,
        Bruce
      • Bradford Riley
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 11, 2001
          >From: Cynthia Kennedy

          >Hello Everyone,
          >
          >I am becoming very interested in the cycles of seven and how they
          >interrelate. I've had a few people tell me about Steiner's indications
          >about grains and the days of the week. (each day having a particular
          >grain

          While I have some of the information, it is buried in some boxes, but the
          expert in the field is a wonderful American woman named Susan Riley who is
          working on an amazing project of distilling grains to become milk, not like
          soy but planetary grain milk.

          bio-s@...

          Bradford
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 23, 2001
            Hello Cynthia, Bradford, and all,

            I'm just jumping in here after a period of absence.

            Interested in the cycles of seven? A very good topic. What I am
            wondering is whether the cycles of seven, the rhythm of seven is
            changing, because so much is speeded up in our present world of time
            and rhythm. It used to take souls longer between death and rebirth to
            make their way back to Earth, but that rhythm has also changed, so
            what about cycles of seven?

            My nephew, with computer, faxes, and all, learns things I didn't
            begin to know at his age. Will ego development--as in recognition of
            a little "I want" instead of "Mary wants" change from 3 years old to
            an earlier age? Will change of teeth occur sooner than around 7-6
            years old. Will puberty be fulfilled sooner than around 14? Will mid-
            life symptoms occur earlier than around 35? And in the world of
            planets, etc. will there be changes?

            I'm asking...

            Peace be with you,
            elaine

            > >Hello Everyone,
            > >
            > >I am becoming very interested in the cycles of seven and how they
            > >interrelate. I've had a few people tell me about Steiner's
            indications
            > >about grains and the days of the week. (each day having a
            particular
            > >grain

            .msn.com
          • Bradford Riley
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 23, 2001
              >From: elaineupton
              >
              >Hello Cynthia, Bradford, and all,
              >
              >My nephew, with computer, faxes, and all, learns things I didn't
              >begin to know at his age. Will ego development--as in recognition of
              >a little "I want" instead of "Mary wants" change from 3 years old to
              >an earlier age? Will change of teeth occur sooner than around 7-6
              >years old. Will puberty be fulfilled sooner than around 14? Will mid-
              >life symptoms occur earlier than around 35? And in the world of
              >planets, etc. will there be changes?

              Bradford writes:

              Menstruation, incarnation time frames are certainly moving around
              considerably. In America bodily constitutions sort of 'weed up' with
              terrible nutritional forces. Specialized animal/etheric enhancements and the
              etheric/geophysical forces in America help promote this weeding up.
              Education without balance and emphasis through milk products and certain
              sensory externalizations, video, t.v. etc.. give the soul an antipathy to
              real wrought quests for patterns in thinking and knowledge. The thinking
              forces would help curtail the growth forces but the American soul life shys
              away from such nervous system influences.

              Menstruation has dropped down to age 11 in some cases and Steiner knew that
              reproductive forces would continue to drop to lower and lower ages ranges,
              but much of this has to do with natural rhythm of the etheric body when
              stars and night were not; twenty-four hour a day, neon lit candy stores for
              the astral body.

              Astral sugars and fast food have something to do with it, but also the lack
              of sunset and sunrise ritual and rhythmic patterns of sleep. Decayed light,
              through electro magnetic forces and electricity have spread a moth like soul
              field, a false light attraction into the child. These premature astral
              forces prematurely begin a decay and early germination of false light
              attraction, instead of true sun. Even the discernment of relationships have
              had to deal with false sun, false discernment, moth like attractions ever
              since Jimmy Dean and even as far back as Frank Sinatra and other teen idols
              that create false astral discernments.

              Examination of the relation between moth and butterfly is a key to
              understanding false astral light and true light.

              Incarnation patterns have been adjusted for several reasons. Michael factors
              of needing souls to gain experience on earth before the full fall of star
              and Devachan knowledge passes over to Cloning and DNA puzzle and arbitrary
              fitting of human biological and karmic materials to genetic clothes hangars.
              Souls are needed to insert themselves here before humans go down the wrong
              road. Steiner understood that when he mentioned those in the hall hearing
              his lecture would be coming back to earth very quickly with him. Standard
              and general ideas such as Male and Female in a thousand year patterns has
              changed very quickly. There is some indication of 100 year and perhaps
              shorter periods from two different reasons. The Michael School insights
              allow for quick learners in the spirit and the materialistic soul unable to
              go deeper into the spiritual world and needing to return rapidly.

              The following Steiner pattern has remained a riddle to me. It seems that we
              could break this system he has presented down into something we could
              monitoriing more carefully. Some mathematical sense of the timepiece of our
              system.

              "It is taken for granted that certain things must be known in order to
              understand a clock; someone who has not the slightest idea of how the wheels
              of a clock work together, etc. will hardly attempt to explain, on the spur
              of the moment, the details of a clock's mechanism. Yet we wish to be
              competent judges of free will and necessity in all situations of life
              without having learned anything fundamental about these things. We prefer
              to remain ignorant concerning the most important and most essential things,
              which can only be understood if we consider their whole relationship to
              human nature, and we wish to know and judge everything imaginable, of our
              own accord... When it is shown that the human being is a complicated being,
              organized in manifold ways, a being that penetrates deeply, on the one hand,
              into all that is connected with the physical plane, and on the other hand,
              into all that is connected with the spiritual world, then people often
              object that such things are dry and intellectual... The world will have to
              learn how much lies hidden in man and in his relationship with the course of
              the world's evolution... We can differentiate roughly in man what we may
              call his physical nature, or his physical body; his etheric body, or the
              body of formative forces, as I have called it; his astral body, which is
              already psychic; and the actual ego... The following figures will make you
              realize this. A human being is, let us say, 7 years old; this means nothing
              less than this: - his physical body has reached the age of 7 years. His
              etheric body, his body of formative forces, is not yet 7 years old, for his
              body of formative forces does not maintain the same speed as the physical
              body and has not yet reached this age. We are not aware of such things just
              because we imagine time as one continuous stream, and thus we cannot form
              the thought that different things maintain different speeds within the
              course of time. This physical body which is 7 years old has developed
              according to a certain speed. The etheric body develops more slowly, the
              astral body still more slowly, and the slowest of all, the ego. The etheric
              body is only 5 years and 3 months old when the physical body is 7 years old,
              because it develops more slowly. The astral body is 3 years and 6 months
              old, and the ego, 1 year and 9 months... The ego undergoes a slower
              development on the physical plane... Hence if someone is 28 years old as far
              as his physical body is concerned, then his ego is only 7 years old... for
              instance, one human being may normally become 28 years old, while another
              child may grow more slowly and after 28 years be like a child of 7. Thus
              the whole matter appears at first like an abstract truth. But it is a
              fundamental reality in man... This means that during our development as
              human beings between birth and death we are indeed mere apparitions of a
              reality. We make the impression of being four times as clever as we really
              are."

              In other words, could we break this down into the whole seven year age range
              and get a kind of chart ratio? The ratios would naturally be individualized
              but we might be able to see the real underlying patterns as to what impacts
              come emotionally, medically, etherically, mentally etc.

              Finally a strong holding pattern still remains and holds up, is the
              thirty-three year pattern. A great deal indicates that this pattern, perhaps
              and ego pattern. How old is the ego at Thirty-three for instance? We know
              that the Zarathustra Jesus entered the twelve year old Nathan Jesus and was
              submerged in Him for 21 years. After those twenty-one years we find him
              hanging on the hill of Golgotha.

              PLANET SYNODIC PERIOD ANIMAL GESTATION PERIOD

              Earth 365 days horse 360 days

              Moon 28 days rabbit, 28 days
              hare, rat

              Venus 584 days two cows 292 X 2 days

              Mars 780 days Elephant 780 days

              I have only recently begun to connect the higher patterns to events in the
              bio-field of the earth. Venus rotation gives us a time frame for the
              gestation of the human from conception to birth.

              The Elephant was not only the Indra god of War but Mars has a very important
              place for Buddha and what is the nature of the Elephant.

              The Bee and the hatchig of eggs for instance follows the 1 day rotation of
              the Sun. Earth 1 day is 24 hours, but Sun one day is 25 earth days. There
              are hundreds of numerical/bio relationships which literally nail down cosmic
              influences in the earthly world. I need help if on these. Some of them are
              botanical clocks which registar etheric patterns and others are animal
              gestation studies.

              Bradford

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 24, 2001
                Thank you, Bradford, for your detailed and inspiring letter full of
                thoughts and observations on speeding up of seven year
                rhythms, especially on what has occured in our time
                as "attraction to false light", through tv, internet, neon lights,
                attraction to film stars back as far as JImmy Dean and Sinatra,
                etc. Very en-lightening on false light (smile! Much to meditate
                upon in what you say. Actually, I've printed out your letter for
                further perusal.

                You wrote:
                >examination of the relation between moth and butterfly is a key
                >to understanding false astral light and true light.

                Please, if you will, say more on this. I am aware that a moth is
                attracted to electric light bulbs, say, porch lights at night. I've
                never seen butterflies at night, and am terribly ignorant. Does
                that mean butterflies are sleeping, and only wake for the real
                sunlight? If so, here is a lesson for us...

                You also say, a little later in your post (quoting Steiner?):

                >"It is taken for granted that certain things must be known in
                >order to understand a clock; someone who has not the slightest
                >idea of how the wheels of a clock work together, etc. will hardly
                >attempt to explain, on the spur of the moment, the details of a
                >clock's mechanism. Yet we wish to be competent judges of free
                >will and necessity in all situations of life without having learned
                >anything fundamental about these things. . . . "

                Yes, indeed. In America, this is especially so. We have the news
                reporters microphone at all kinds of mouths, and the quick sound
                bite response, where people offer their opinions on anything from
                stem cell research to which is the best ice cream in town to
                abortion to seatbelt use to free speech on T-Shirts to --you
                name it. And the U.S. Congress pays attention to all these polls
                (based on the same unfounded opinions on everything under the
                sun), and then the Congress passes legislation to rule our lives.
                Now, where are the priests and the Crones and the Initiates in all
                this? Where is the spiritual leadership from those who have
                studied and carry the "true light that lighteth every man[woman,
                being] that cometh into the world"?

                The quote from Steiner goes on to the point of being human,
                what this is, and the development of knowledge, of a knowing in
                different time spans in the four bodies (physical--the fastest
                development, etheric, astral, ego--the slowest development of
                knowing). Steiner as you quote him says "We are not aware of
                such things because we imagine time as one continuous stream,
                and thus we cannot form the thought that different things
                maintain different speeds within the course of time."

                Excellent! What an eye opener--bringer of light!

                Steiner (as you quote him):
                "Hence is someone is 28 years old, as far as his physical body is
                concerned, then his ego is only 7 years old . . . This means that
                during our development as human beings between birth and
                death we are indeed mere apparitions of a reality. We make the
                impression of being four times as clever as we really are."

                Then there is the whole matter of the twelve year and thirty three
                year rhythm. Last night I read Nobel Peace Laureate and former
                Archbishop Desmond Tutu on why certain things happened in
                the early 90's in South Africa--Mandela released Feb 2, 1990, the
                voting for a new South Africa (where all races voted for the first
                time, miraculously without a single incidence of violence or
                corruption) in April 1994, the development of one of the most
                liberal Constitutions the world has seen in modern times, etc.
                Bishop Tutu goes on to quote Paul, about things happening in
                "the fullness of time".

                I've heard it said that "fullness" here could also be "plethora"--
                the plethora of time--all times coming together.

                Paul refers to the incarnation, life, and Golgotha Event with Jesus
                of Nazareth as happening in the "fullness of time." Bishop Tutu
                said that things came together in South Africa (as they has with
                the fall of Soviet communism, and with the movements in other
                southern African countries). All these other events prepared the
                way for South Africa--something was in the air, so to say, and
                the time was ripe.

                Relevant to this is what you write:

                >I have only recently begun to connect the higher patterns to
                events in the bio-earth field.

                (This is reference to STeiner's chart about certain Earth and
                cosmic events in rhythms of time...)

                Much to study and feed on here.

                Let's continue!
                Thank you!
                elaine
              • DRStarman2001@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 27, 2001
                  >I've had a few people tell me about Steiner's indications about grains and the days of the week.

                  ...grains can be placed from the watery/flowing to the dry/rigid. Maize was at one end and rice at the other- it, of course, growing in flooded fields.
                  Then there are the four grains of the four elements: rye/melancholic,
                  wheat/phlegmatic, oats/choleric, rice/sanguine. There are four salts that
                  predominate in these but I would need to look them up-

                  > I understand that the representative metal for Venus is copper, for instance.

                  These metals are not so much "representatives" but actually connected
                  etherically with the planets- Sun/gold,Mars/iron, Jupiter/tin, Moon/silver,
                  Saturn/lead.
                  The first Goetheanum had seven columns made of the seven trees connected
                  with the seven planets- oak/Mars etc.

                  *******And the same order can be observed in the grains, with threefold wheat showing the Sun's influence and corn being like the mulberry in that it is made of innumerable smaller globes, like ancient Saturn. Mercury, most fluid of the metals, corresponds to millet, which has the signature of Merkur in that it forms drop-like shapes, and millet when cooked becomes liquid quickly and as a flour likewise dissolves. Mars rules the oat and the oak, whose names are even eytemologically related.

                  Dr. Starman
                • Bradford Riley
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 29, 2001
                    >From: tell me about Steiner's indications about grains and the days of the
                    >week.
                    >
                    >...grains can be placed from the watery/flowing to the dry/rigid. Maize was
                    >at one end and rice at the other- it, of course, growing in flooded fields.
                    >Then there are the four grains of the four elements: rye/melancholic,
                    >wheat/phlegmatic, oats/choleric, rice/sanguine. There are four salts that
                    >predominate in these but I would need to look them up-
                    >
                    > > I understand that the representative metal for Venus is copper, for
                    >instance.
                    >
                    >These metals are not so much "representatives" but actually connected
                    >etherically with the planets- Sun/gold,Mars/iron, Jupiter/tin, Moon/silver,
                    >Saturn/lead.
                    >The first Goetheanum had seven columns made of the seven trees connected
                    >with the seven planets- oak/Mars etc.

                    Saturn Maize lead beech

                    Sun Wheat gold ash

                    Moon Rice silver cherry

                    Mars oats iron oak

                    mercury millet mercury elm

                    jupiter rye tin maple

                    Venus barley copper birch

                    (I knew I had a list somewhere)

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 30, 2001
                      Bibi van Bussel has a web site devoted to planetary qualities and
                      related matters from an anthroposophical perspective. The url is
                      www.xs4all.nl/~busbi/ or http://www.xs4all.nl/~busbi/
                      I do not know Bibi's background or training, but it is interesting to
                      ponder.
                      Debbie Barford
                    • Sarah Cherry
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 1, 2001
                        Debbie,

                        Thanks for posting the link to Bibi's wonderful site. I had somehow
                        lost the link in my bookmarks in the transferring of ISPs.

                        As Ernst Marti puts it in his little book "The Four Ethers", "The
                        forces of the stars create the individual substances from the
                        initially undifferentiated potentialities of the elements."

                        Sarah