Calendar of the Soul, Week 9

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2001
      THIS WEEK'S SOUL-CALENDAR
      Here's the Soul-Calendar for this 9th week after Easter; it has 52 meditative mantras that enable one to experience astral/soul events occurring within and without in the course of the year. The verse is given in German and English.

      Anthroposophy is a path of knowledge which begins with the use of the logical mind, which is then intensified by the use of visual images called "Imaginations" and reciting mantras which draws in "Inspirations." The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather the repetitive recitation of it and entering with deeper soul-forces into the inner experience of what is described. Also, the mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a first step to using the mantram in the original. (Chanting "the jewel in the lotus" is different from "Om mani padme hum," for example.) Steiner spoke of how German had preserved words lost by other languages, and could be for us what Sanskrit was in olden times: the language in which spirit-truths are expressed. So in translating, I've tried to keep close to the original, so that one can easily go from English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 9 *
      Vergessend meine Willenseigenheit
      Erfüllet Weltenwärme sommerkündend
      Mir Geist und Seelenwesen;
      Im Lichte mich zu verlieren
      Gebietet mir das Geisteschauen,
      Und kraftvoll kündet Ahnung mir:
      Verieren dich, und dich zu finden.

      Forgetting my Egohood's Will,
      The World-Warmth, heralding Summer,
      Fills my Spirit and Soul-Essence;
      To lose myself in the Light,
      The Spirit-Vision commands me,
      And powerfully prophesies to me:
      Lose yourself, and yourself you'll find.

      This is the first verse of the year to speak of losing oneself in the light and warmth of approaching summer.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Taurus until June 15th and then Gemini from June 16th to July 20th (in our era). A symbolic image of Taurus executed from sketches & indications by the Doctor is attached to this post. The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first 'Seelencalendar': their lives and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I'm translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday June 10th. Moon Aquarius. Onophrius.
      Monday June 11th. Moon Aquarius. Last Quarter. Alexander the Great died 323 B.C. Roger Bacon died 1294.
      Tuesday June 12th. Moon Pisces. Basilides.
      Wednesday June 13th. Moon Pisces. Alfred.
      Thursday June 14th. Moon Pisces. Basilius.
      Friday June 15th. Moon Aries. Vitus.
      Saturday June 16th. Moon Aries. Sun enters influence of GEMINI. Aurelius.

      Dr. Starman