Christ and the Spiritual Renewal of Earth

  • ophiel_magic@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2001
      Steiner talked quite a bit about the necessity of the Christ being's
      desent to this realm in order to renew the spiritual essence of this
      place. I am thinking that meant Christ made this sacrifice to renew
      or sustain the Earth's etheric body. Please correct me if I am wrong.

      He also said in numerous places that man's spirituality was in
      crisis. There were mystery streams and schools active then, so what
      exactly was he referring to?

      I've been hazy on this (and a few more) points in all the years I
      have been reading Steiner lectures and books.

      Thanks
    • Richard Distasi
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2001
        Ophiel,

        There are I'm sure volumes of material that could be referenced for an
        answer to these questions. Christ's advent to earth does mark the beginning
        of a new Genesis for humanity and the earth. The Resurrection and Ascension
        are ever on-going phenomena as the earth and humanity resurrect and ascend
        to the etheric and into the next condition of form: the astral condition.
        The Transfiguration of the earth is a cooperative effort between Christ and
        humanity.

        The renewal of spirituality for humanity was accomplished by the advent of
        Christ then (2000 years ago) as the dead were once again able to experience
        the after-life in a more conscious capacity and 'now' as our etheric bodies
        become gradually loosened from the physical body and the spiritual worlds
        are once again opening to humanity's awareness.

        Maybe this lecture below could possibly be helpful:

        http://www.elib.com/Steiner/Festivals/Easter/Easter/19080413p01.html

        [rick distasi]