Re: [anthroposophy] soul calendar

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2001
      >>>Remark: first lighting: Yellow above, foot lights red and white:
      Red and yellow are at unison doing vowels and Red doing a chalice like form, sensing and perceiving under the flooding lights of the sun-illumined world of yellow.<<

      *******I just thought I'd mention here that these verses emphasizing the GROWING, WAXING influence of the Sun at this time of the year---like so much other evidence within the Soul-Calendar mantras themselves---completely refutes the idea that some people have expressed that the verses should be used everywhere on earth at the same time. In the Southern Hemisphere, the Sun is decreasing in Light now. As Steiner often said, in the Southern Hemisphere everything must be reversed.

      I don't know what indications he gave the Christian Community priests or anyone else about the Festivals, but it seems to me that "Easter" should be after the Autumnal Equinox down under, and the other festivals likewise reversed. As the soul-calendar describes the astral year, it's now clearly the time of the increasing light which is only true in the North, and the verses all about Christmastime, for instance, describe the "World-Cold". So the astral 'year' cannot be separated from the hemispheres in earth's temperate zones, but has opposite cycles in each. (Of course it is quite different at the poles and equator: at the poles I believe the astral is in a state of constant subordination to the physical, while at the equator it is constantly overwhelmed by the etheric.)

      Dr. Starman