Re: A Moral Reckoning

  • carol
    Message 1 of 111 , Aug 3, 2008

      RS: "...With every human being all the fluctuations of the astral body are enclosed in an egg-shaped sheath. This has an underlying blue colour and shows, as an important factor, a dark violet spot in the middle of the brain. Helena Petrovna Blavatsky calls this egg-shaped sheath the auric egg. In the case of little children the auric egg is predominant; in their case many bright, luminous clouds of colour appear within it. In the lower parts however little children also have dark clouds, indicating lower impulses. This is the inherited Karma that they have in common with their ancestors — `the sins of the fathers'. These sins of the fathers are inherited down to the seventh generation. People's characteristics can be traced back as far as the seventh generation of forefathers. After the seventh generation heredity dies out. One reckons three generations to a century. The man of today therefore still shows certain good or bad qualities coming from what was good or bad in his ancestors of the 17th century. Thus one can look backwards on one's forefathers as far as two hundred years or rather more."

      Foundations of Esotericism

      LECTURE X

      Berlin, 5th October 1905

      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/FoundEsoter/19051005p01.html

> [...]
      > > >
      > > > I feel that you represent ulterior motives.
      > > >
      > > > Were you genuinely striving for Anthroposophical understanding, you
      > > > would both selflessly welcome the creative efforts of others strong
      > > > members on this list, and you wouldn't continuously negate their
      > > > attempts at simply being 'present', spiritualy creative and
      > > sociable.
      > > >
      > > > You put forth an excessive domineering presence on this list, and I
      > > > beleive this is a wicked conscious act.
      > > >
      > > > And, I KNOW that I am not alone in my observation. C.
      > >
      > > Carol, please. You attack and make me defend myself all the time.
      > > Jean-Marc, too. Both of you leave out every bit of real content in
      > > favor of the points I present specifically to "push your buttons".
      > >
      > > And that's why I do it. It's the fun part. Without it, we'd have no
      > > discourse at all. You see, you have yet to get to the real substance
      > > of acquisition of new knowledge. You have no real clue of what an
      > > eighth sphere is, or why the name 'sorat' is incomplete without
      > > the 'd', now do you?
      > >
      > > So tell me more about my ulterior motives and who also thinks I am
      > > guilty of wicked consciousness? Because this hurts.
      > >
      > > You should be the moderator of this forum. Then I wouldn't stand a
      > > chance and be gone. Such a lovely thought, isn't it?
      > >
      > > Now, when the Asuras is made able to rise to the surface of the
      > > earth, and its crumbling earth conditions, i.e., materialism, it is
      > > then able to hold sway, just as it has done for the past 1300 years.
      > > Thus, in the same manner that comets crumble and fall to earth, so
      > > also does Soradt rise to the surface of the Asuras, in order to make
      > > the outward representation of the negative third-force energy, i.e.,
      > > anti-christ.
      > >
      > > This began in 666 because an event of this type occurred on the
      > > surface of the earth. Through means that can be likened to the
      > > future coming into the past, the fifth epoch was brought into the
      > > fourth at that point, i.e., 666. Thus, the fifth epoch was brought
      > > prematurely into the fourth, wherein an attempt was made to subrate
      > > the intellectual soul in favor of the future fifth, or consciousness
      > > soul. And this fact can be likened to the 'tawny beast' that
      > > Nietzsche felt. Thus, Biela's comet was quite directly felt by
      > > Nietzsche as an incarnation of Soradt.
      > >
      > > In short, it is the rise of Asuras at the bottom-low of the sub-
      > > earthly to the surface in order to imprison mankind and steal the
      > > precious mineral-intellectual. And that is why Spiritual Science
      > > exists as a counter-measure in the same way that disease and death
      > > and the Law of Karma exist to keep Lucifer and Ahriman from winning.
      > >
      > > Spiritual science exists to defeat Soradt by drawing the Intellectual
      > > Soul into greater consciousness of the fact of soul and spirit
      > > existing in the world and man. Without it, all matter and soul would
      > > get sucked into the Eighth Sphere; and that is still a very real
      > > possibility due to the paucity of knowledge and interest in it.

    • Stephen Hale
      Message 111 of 111 , Sep 6, 2008

        .

        > I see that there are different ways of looking at it- or would it be
        > more correct to say- there`s a paradox to this.

        In this [second] kind of initiation the disciple's soul was drawn out of his inner being, whereby he could participate in the events of the cosmos and raise himself to the soul-spiritual essence permeating the universe. His experience differed markedly from ordinary contemplation of nature because he felt he lived within the very soul of the universe. In not a bad but a good sense, he was beside himself. He was, though one hesitates to use this word because it has taken on an unpleasant connotation, in ecstasy. Upon achieving this union with the cosmos he could say to himself that through living in the universe and through experiencing its most intimate soul-spiritual forces, he had come to realize that everywhere the final goal of the cosmos is the creation of man. Did man not exist, the whole creation could not fulfill its end, because he was the meaning of the cosmos.

        Carol, it is not possible to remove the Etheric Body from the physical body without death occurring immediately.  Therefore, for this reason alone the second type of ancient mystery stream concerns the Astral Body.  Consider all that the lecture:  The Work of the Angels in Man's Astral Body gives as a point of further reference for what now takes place in the state of dreamless sleep.   Dream sleep involves the etheric body and its close union with the physical body.

        During sleeping we interact with the spiritual worlds when the astral-ego organization leaves the etheric-physical organization and engages its spiritual communion in the astral and higher devachanic realms.  The ego, as such in our present development, is a silent witness to the work of the astral body in receiving the impressions of the angelic hierarchies, which are then carried down into the etheric body.  Dreaming is an etheric activity conducted in middle devachan by the astral body, in which our past lives are traveled through and mixed in with the recent physical body experiences of the present life.  Chaos is the general order of the dream experience, which is countered by the objectively ordered pictures of the waking conscious (relative) experience.  Waking up from a dream is felt entirely in the etheric body as a present-moment experience of consciousness.  As soon as the outer world is detected this consciousness sinks down into the subconscious and the dream is forgotten in favor of relative waking consciousness.

        Practice can allow one to develop the ability to remain within the present-moment consciousness when first awakening as a meditative exercise.  Spiritual science cultivates this desire to remain within the fold of the waking dream experience wherein many truths of independently investigated subjects are intuited and further inspired into imaginative content.

        But as soon as the eyes and ears turn to the sense world, a buffer is created between the environment and the previously felt inner domain, and that which had just been on the surface sinks down into the famed "subconsciousness" of Freud.