Re: A Moral Reckoning

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 111 , Aug 2, 2008

      > S: "So were your two children the product of an experiment? Or just
      > accidents, or what? Mine were the product of a life-bonding
      > committment, and maybe that's what I'm not understanding about you."
      >
      > No Asureus in my analytic interplay involving this statement. It
      appears
      > plain and simple to me. You defined your choice to be a FATHER
      through
      > your procreative activity within a lawful marriage- and then ASSUMED
      > that since my MOTHERHOOD occured outside of the confines marriage,
      then
      > it must essentially be devoid of the multiplicity of upreaching
      forces
      > of LIFE.
      >

      > An accident, an experiment. This is Luciferic, with an Ahrimanic
      tinge
      > to it. Materialistic, plain and simple, with it being quite out of
      touch
      > with living reality.
      >
      > How is it that you can presume such a disjointed reflection of my
      > condition of motherhood? Is it because you, yourself find yourself
      > 'locked' within a disjointed personal experience vis a vis reality?
      Pure
      > materialism perhaps? And then further on, you feel a given 'right'
      > project it onto me?
      >
      > Carol.

      You really really get things wrong, and probably because we're
      touching on intimate matters. My interest, believe me, was genuine.
      As a counselor I *have* to have an interest in other people, so I
      make a point of trying to be sincere. In person this trait of mine
      comes across in a way that I think you would find impressive. I have
      earned respect wherever I go, and the reason is that I have earned
      it. This is a living fact in the material world. The etheric world
      is another matter, and I believe that we should hold to the quite
      phenomenal fact that you and I cannot, for some reason, seem to have
      a positive and harmonious discourse without friction of some kind. I
      have recognized this with respect for two years now. The reason is
      because I am an anthroposophist who has a life and a style and an
      environment and a karma and conditions that differ from yours. But
      not that much; which is why, it seems, we stay connected.

      It's all good, as someone says frequently. And she and I got into it
      much like you and I. I respect her too. Believe me, the respect is
      there for you, Carol. Lots of it.

      To me then, it comes down to this extraordinary environment in which
      we speak to each other. It is one that is fine indeed, but also
      harbors the burden of the asuras that now infects the human ego. We
      will need to make this a very serious topic of interest from now on
      because that is where we experience our personal crossroads with
      others. As one who advocates psychosophy you can expect that this
      would be my area of emphasis.

      This realm in which we speak to each other, sight unseen, is owed
      entirely to the Etheric Christ; and it forms a measure of the
      redemptive activities for which the Christ first came down to earth.
      Thus, we try to see, hear, and relate to each other in this realm,
      which has been fortified through the sacrifice of Christ dying a
      human death; a god who went through human death in order to be raised
      so that "we all might believe". And it is true.

      Two thousand years later, we talk here in this place over spiritual
      matters that have been brought forth through the most remarkable
      person yet seen in the 20th century. And he is hardly known to
      anyone in the world, except us; that is, those who have received the
      initiatory impulse for spiritual science as a karmic gift, and deed.
      For we are very much deeded with the furthering of this great work,
      which is OURS to continue in the manner first given in stumbling
      steps, just as an infant makes those early attempts to stand upright
      with that amazing 'grip of willful authority'. You felt it, and so
      did I.

      You felt it, and so did I. Can we agree on that too?

    • Stephen Hale
      Message 111 of 111 , Sep 6, 2008

        .

        > I see that there are different ways of looking at it- or would it be
        > more correct to say- there`s a paradox to this.

        In this [second] kind of initiation the disciple's soul was drawn out of his inner being, whereby he could participate in the events of the cosmos and raise himself to the soul-spiritual essence permeating the universe. His experience differed markedly from ordinary contemplation of nature because he felt he lived within the very soul of the universe. In not a bad but a good sense, he was beside himself. He was, though one hesitates to use this word because it has taken on an unpleasant connotation, in ecstasy. Upon achieving this union with the cosmos he could say to himself that through living in the universe and through experiencing its most intimate soul-spiritual forces, he had come to realize that everywhere the final goal of the cosmos is the creation of man. Did man not exist, the whole creation could not fulfill its end, because he was the meaning of the cosmos.

        Carol, it is not possible to remove the Etheric Body from the physical body without death occurring immediately.  Therefore, for this reason alone the second type of ancient mystery stream concerns the Astral Body.  Consider all that the lecture:  The Work of the Angels in Man's Astral Body gives as a point of further reference for what now takes place in the state of dreamless sleep.   Dream sleep involves the etheric body and its close union with the physical body.

        During sleeping we interact with the spiritual worlds when the astral-ego organization leaves the etheric-physical organization and engages its spiritual communion in the astral and higher devachanic realms.  The ego, as such in our present development, is a silent witness to the work of the astral body in receiving the impressions of the angelic hierarchies, which are then carried down into the etheric body.  Dreaming is an etheric activity conducted in middle devachan by the astral body, in which our past lives are traveled through and mixed in with the recent physical body experiences of the present life.  Chaos is the general order of the dream experience, which is countered by the objectively ordered pictures of the waking conscious (relative) experience.  Waking up from a dream is felt entirely in the etheric body as a present-moment experience of consciousness.  As soon as the outer world is detected this consciousness sinks down into the subconscious and the dream is forgotten in favor of relative waking consciousness.

        Practice can allow one to develop the ability to remain within the present-moment consciousness when first awakening as a meditative exercise.  Spiritual science cultivates this desire to remain within the fold of the waking dream experience wherein many truths of independently investigated subjects are intuited and further inspired into imaginative content.

        But as soon as the eyes and ears turn to the sense world, a buffer is created between the environment and the previously felt inner domain, and that which had just been on the surface sinks down into the famed "subconsciousness" of Freud.