Re: A Moral Reckoning

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 111 , Aug 2, 2008

      > May I remind you STEVE, that this is an anthroposophic discussion
      forum-
      > it's not really the place to COMPARE societal approval status.
      >
      > S: "So were your two children the product of an experiment? Or just
      > accidents, or what? Mine were the product of a life-bonding
      > committment, and maybe that's what I'm not understanding about you.
      > never intended to get married until I was twenty-nine years old, but
      > then circumstances changed. Did you have circumstances, or just
      > experiments and/or accidents?"
      >
      > I had LIFE FORCE, INTUITION, INSPIRATION and a receptive WILL force.
      >
      > I followed what the cosmos spelled out to me.
      >
      > My children were decided realizations, on my part.
      >
      > PS. I find your word choice and usage quite Luciferic, with a strong
      > Ahrimanic 'tinge' to it.

      See, there's the problem. I ask in the spirit of genuine interest
      and for you it comes out luciferic with ahrimanic undertone. Maybe
      it is due to my lack of labeling skills that I can't see these traits
      more directly in my word and sentence structure as it expresses my
      thought content. Your sense for seeing these traits in my
      personality and caracter are indeed impressive, and for my money, I
      would attribute your keen ability to a distinct relation to asuras,
      who has this power to make the luciferic and ahrimanic more visible.

      In fact, if you mentally place Soradt between Lucifer and Ahriman in
      the configuration of the Representative of Anti-Man as the reverse of
      what Steiner describes in the lecture: Christ In Relation to Lucifer
      and Ahriman, 18 May 1915, you will find that Soradt has the power to
      resurrect these two in a form that raises them again into a prominent
      position relative to the human astral body and etheric body. The
      influence now becomes *inimical* to all that Steiner carefully
      describes in the aforementioned lecture. Two years later he would
      begin to sculpt this concept of the Representative of Man with the
      sculptor Edith Maryon in a great work of art involving the
      combination of head and hand.

      The Representative of Anti-Man must be envisioned as well, and its
      configuration is certain to be more grotesque and horrific; but
      nonetheless real. As a quite contemporary reflection of the very
      real evidence of negative third force energy now working in the human
      ego it would have to convey a very hideous being; one that now
      invades the fledgling conscious ego in the same way that Lucifer
      resides in the astral body, and Ahriman in the etheric body.

      The Eighth Sphere is essentially the home of Lucifer and Ahriman, and
      gains strength and density through the ability of Asuras to gain a
      foothold in the human ego. As such, the asurically-aligned ego is
      the father to Lucifer and Ahriman in an act of negative redemption;
      one that is harmful to the original purpose for which Lucifer and
      Ahriman wrestled for a certain control that had the effect of making
      man free.

      Steve
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 111 of 111 , Sep 6, 2008

        .

        > I see that there are different ways of looking at it- or would it be
        > more correct to say- there`s a paradox to this.

        In this [second] kind of initiation the disciple's soul was drawn out of his inner being, whereby he could participate in the events of the cosmos and raise himself to the soul-spiritual essence permeating the universe. His experience differed markedly from ordinary contemplation of nature because he felt he lived within the very soul of the universe. In not a bad but a good sense, he was beside himself. He was, though one hesitates to use this word because it has taken on an unpleasant connotation, in ecstasy. Upon achieving this union with the cosmos he could say to himself that through living in the universe and through experiencing its most intimate soul-spiritual forces, he had come to realize that everywhere the final goal of the cosmos is the creation of man. Did man not exist, the whole creation could not fulfill its end, because he was the meaning of the cosmos.

        Carol, it is not possible to remove the Etheric Body from the physical body without death occurring immediately.  Therefore, for this reason alone the second type of ancient mystery stream concerns the Astral Body.  Consider all that the lecture:  The Work of the Angels in Man's Astral Body gives as a point of further reference for what now takes place in the state of dreamless sleep.   Dream sleep involves the etheric body and its close union with the physical body.

        During sleeping we interact with the spiritual worlds when the astral-ego organization leaves the etheric-physical organization and engages its spiritual communion in the astral and higher devachanic realms.  The ego, as such in our present development, is a silent witness to the work of the astral body in receiving the impressions of the angelic hierarchies, which are then carried down into the etheric body.  Dreaming is an etheric activity conducted in middle devachan by the astral body, in which our past lives are traveled through and mixed in with the recent physical body experiences of the present life.  Chaos is the general order of the dream experience, which is countered by the objectively ordered pictures of the waking conscious (relative) experience.  Waking up from a dream is felt entirely in the etheric body as a present-moment experience of consciousness.  As soon as the outer world is detected this consciousness sinks down into the subconscious and the dream is forgotten in favor of relative waking consciousness.

        Practice can allow one to develop the ability to remain within the present-moment consciousness when first awakening as a meditative exercise.  Spiritual science cultivates this desire to remain within the fold of the waking dream experience wherein many truths of independently investigated subjects are intuited and further inspired into imaginative content.

        But as soon as the eyes and ears turn to the sense world, a buffer is created between the environment and the previously felt inner domain, and that which had just been on the surface sinks down into the famed "subconsciousness" of Freud.