Re: A Moral Reckoning

  • nadmateescu
    Message 1 of 111 , Aug 1, 2008

      > When Jesus looked down from the Cross upon which He was strung and
      > stigmatized in pain, He saw His Mother standing next to Her sister,
      > named Mary, who was standing next to Mary Magdalene, and in a stroke
      > of wisdom said: Mother, here is your son, and son here is your
      > mother. And from that moment the disciple whom the Lord loved took
      > Her into his household.
      >
      > And thus was created Saint John The Evangelist. A tri-formed
      > spiritual being comprised of John the Baptist, Lazarus, and the Holy
      > Mother of Jesus of Nazareth.

      Yes, and this is the main essence of Rosicrucianism birth.
      But even in this tableau, when someone rise his soul to perceive it,
      there are occult facts that are then unveiled for the one who sees it.
      In ancient mysteries, the one who undergone a initiation was called
      "youth" (young boy, kouros); the phrase under the Cross must be regard
      also in this way.And that was a fact for future also in the rise of
      the young boy from Nain.
      The Tau Cross became The Rose Cross.
      Is interesting that, because more of these facts that could be
      perceived in front of the life-tableau of Golgotha, contains a renew
      form of the ancient initiation. (as the words spoken as :"Eli, eli,
      lama sabachtani" are uttered from spiritual heights as "Eloi, eloi
      lama shevachtani! and are a direct link to phrases that were spoken in
      the ritual of ancient initiation)
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 111 of 111 , Sep 6 1:34 PM

        .

        > I see that there are different ways of looking at it- or would it be
        > more correct to say- there`s a paradox to this.

        In this [second] kind of initiation the disciple's soul was drawn out of his inner being, whereby he could participate in the events of the cosmos and raise himself to the soul-spiritual essence permeating the universe. His experience differed markedly from ordinary contemplation of nature because he felt he lived within the very soul of the universe. In not a bad but a good sense, he was beside himself. He was, though one hesitates to use this word because it has taken on an unpleasant connotation, in ecstasy. Upon achieving this union with the cosmos he could say to himself that through living in the universe and through experiencing its most intimate soul-spiritual forces, he had come to realize that everywhere the final goal of the cosmos is the creation of man. Did man not exist, the whole creation could not fulfill its end, because he was the meaning of the cosmos.

        Carol, it is not possible to remove the Etheric Body from the physical body without death occurring immediately.  Therefore, for this reason alone the second type of ancient mystery stream concerns the Astral Body.  Consider all that the lecture:  The Work of the Angels in Man's Astral Body gives as a point of further reference for what now takes place in the state of dreamless sleep.   Dream sleep involves the etheric body and its close union with the physical body.

        During sleeping we interact with the spiritual worlds when the astral-ego organization leaves the etheric-physical organization and engages its spiritual communion in the astral and higher devachanic realms.  The ego, as such in our present development, is a silent witness to the work of the astral body in receiving the impressions of the angelic hierarchies, which are then carried down into the etheric body.  Dreaming is an etheric activity conducted in middle devachan by the astral body, in which our past lives are traveled through and mixed in with the recent physical body experiences of the present life.  Chaos is the general order of the dream experience, which is countered by the objectively ordered pictures of the waking conscious (relative) experience.  Waking up from a dream is felt entirely in the etheric body as a present-moment experience of consciousness.  As soon as the outer world is detected this consciousness sinks down into the subconscious and the dream is forgotten in favor of relative waking consciousness.

        Practice can allow one to develop the ability to remain within the present-moment consciousness when first awakening as a meditative exercise.  Spiritual science cultivates this desire to remain within the fold of the waking dream experience wherein many truths of independently investigated subjects are intuited and further inspired into imaginative content.

        But as soon as the eyes and ears turn to the sense world, a buffer is created between the environment and the previously felt inner domain, and that which had just been on the surface sinks down into the famed "subconsciousness" of Freud.