The War in Heaven : The Victorious, The Conquerors

  • carynlouise24
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2008
      On the work of the ARCHANGEL MICHAEL
      by Ita Wegman, M. D. (Zurich)

      `We have in an Indian document the earthly reflection, the mirrored
      picture of that great battle in Heaven which Michael fought with his
      adversaries. This document is the Bhagavad-Gita, and it forms the
      subject of two lecture-courses delivered by Rudolf Steiner. This
      battle in Heaven is the mythological representation of an event which
      actually took place. Rudolf Steiner explains the existence of those
      starry fragments known to modern astronomy as the planetoids
      revolving within the sphere of Mars, by saying that they are the
      cosmic witnesses of this mighty combat. They are in very truth
      connected with that battle between the heavenly hosts which was known
      to the ancients by the most diverse names, and the medieval
      designations of which are bound up with a tradition attributed to
      Dionysos the Areopagite'.

      Revelation 12:7-11
      `And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against
      the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels. And prevailed not;
      neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great
      dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan,
      which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and
      his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying
      in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of
      our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren
      is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And
      they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their
      testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death'.

      Rudolf Steiner The Book of Revelation Lecture Five GA346

      `..How when the fourth seal is opened, the one corresponding to the
      fourth post-Atlantean age, a pale horse appears, and now the talk is
      of death entering into the world. (Rev. 6,8) With this we are
      touching on one of the most important secrets of the Book of
      Revelation in so far as our own age is concerned. In the fourth post-
      Atlantean age death really does in a sense enter into humanity. You
      must be very clear about this. You get to know human nature very well
      when you consider death'.

      Thyatira – the fourth post-Atlantean age Greco/Latin.

      The Book of Revelation
      Lecture Four GA346

      `The sun teachings of Ephesus differentiated between the five planets
      on the one hand—Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Mercury—and the sun
      with the moon on the other. Nowadays we call the sun a fixed star in
      contrast to the planets, but then, especially in Ephesus, the sun was
      distinguished by being separated off from the planets and worshipped
      as the star of the daytime because from the moment it rose to the
      moment it set it was seen as the life-giving principle.

      This was not the situation in the earlier days of Sardis. Here the
      daytime sun was nothing special, and its light was accepted as a
      matter of course. In the town of Sardis the daytime sun was nothing
      special, but the night-time sun, which the ancient Mysteries termed
      the `midnight sun', was seen as being of the same degree of
      importance as the planets. The moon was not distinguished from the
      rest of the planets, and the sun was seen as being really of the same
      degree of importance as the planets.

      The sequence in Sardis was: Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Mercury,
      Sun, Moon.

      But not in Ephesus. Here they enumerated: Saturn, Jupiter, Venus,
      Mercury on the one side, and on the other the gods of day and night,
      Sun and Moon, who were close to the life on earth.

      This is the great difference, and it was to this that all the
      ceremonial at Sardis was related'.

      -(To Note: No Mars in Ephesus)

      Ephesus – the first post-Atlantean age the basic structure even
      before Old India.

      Lecture Four: The congregation of Ephesus

      The congregation of Ephesus that long ago brought forth the immensely
      great Mysteries of Ephesus which, as was quite common in olden times,
      had pointed to the future appearance of Christ. The cultus at Ephesus
      was intended to unite the celebrants in Ephesus, as well as those
      witnessing the celebration, with the divine, spiritual powers and
      also with the coming Christ. With its prophecy of the coming
      Christianity and with its pagan cultus, the ancient pagan
      congregation at Ephesus was per¬haps the one that was particularly
      close to Christianity.

      That is why the letter to the Angel of the congregation at Ephesus
      spoke of the seven candlesticks. The candlesticks are the
      congregations, as the Book of Revelation expressly states.

      The letter to the congregation at Ephesus, in parti¬cular, must be
      taken in its actual form just as it stands. It is clearly indicated
      that this congregation at Ephesus was the one that took up
      Christianity most intensely, devoting its first love to Christianity.

      `It is not the Christ we lack, my dear friends, but the knowledge and
      wisdom of the Christ, the Sophia of the Christ, the Isis of the
      Christ'. (GA0202)