Re: A Winter Solstice contemplation

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 211 , Jul 1, 2008
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise24"
      <carynlouise24@...> wrote:

      > This is quite poetic Steve; it's like the Phoenix rising from the
      > ashes! We may consider Saint John the Eagle rising from the winter
      > sting of the Scorpion into the Eagle of summer ...
      >
      > Then again we may also consider the Earth is awake in winter and
      > sleeping in summer - so it may be the other way around!
      >
      > Yes, I do remember the lunar eclipse on the 20th February when the
      > Sun ate the Moon! Also still curious about seeing Saturn on the
      > right and you saw it on the left - although a later picture
      confirmed
      > it to be on the right.
      >
      > Interesting about Mars hey - the land is jelly-like substance -
      > suppose the astronauts have to have special boots made to walk on
      > that!
      >
      > :)

      My experience of the Lunar Eclipse of 2/20/08 was that it was the
      converse! The Earth ate the Moon; which really means that the moon
      gave a nod to the fact that the earth beholds the "earthshine" when
      in the shadow zone.

      Every so often, the moon gives an objective proof of this. It is
      called a lunar eclipse.

      Steve
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 211 of 211 , Jul 1, 2008