week 02 colour sounds

  • eurythmy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2001

      Slight amendments (some time 4 written instead of 6, etc), sorry but I was a bit rushed last time. Yours   Franky

      The verse in movement:t

      Prologue and epilogue week 02 Or how to breathe before and after the verse:

      There are six eurythmists on the stage, 2 (x 3) aspects of the mantra.

      They are dressed in white, they move as a white colour does.

      ·        Surrounding them is a colour; they move their feelings according to that colour;

      1, 2 and 3: violet.

      4, 5 and 6:

      ·        They move in the mood of different sounds of the alphabet, in a sequence:

      1: E / I / U

      2: I/ ei / U

      3: U / Ei /I

      4, 5 and 6: I / U / O / I

      *The vowel sounds are as in the original German so in English  E is [eh], Ei is as for the “y” of [by],  I is [ee], O is [oh] and U is [oo].

      ·        1,2 and 3 start the form while, at first, 4, 5 and 6 stands doing their vowels. When 1, 2 and 3 start, they do the form so that they arrive at the final position as the same time as 1, 2, and 3.

      The epilogue choreography is done in the same way as the prologue.

      The Verse: The choreography is done in two parts, on the same pattern as the stage lights:

      The six eurythmists move mostly together (for the two parts).

      Their singings like movements follow the text (for the two parts).

      Wenn aus den Weltenweiten

      Die Sonne spricht zum Menschensinn

      Und Freude aus den Seelentiefen,

      Dem Licht sich eint im Schauen,

      Dann ziehen aus der Selbstheit Hülle

      Gedanken in die Raumesfernen

      Und binden dumpf

      Des Menschen Wesen und des Geistes Sein

      [I give the original text as the cut of the stanza varies in translation.]