Re: Crucifixion

    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 30, 2008

      "This coincides also, according to the Gospel of Matthew, with an
      earthquake, which caused the earth to crack open and bring the body
      of Jesus down into the sub-earthly. "

      http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080630190408.w6n4j97c&show_article=1

      "A strong earthquake could soon rock Lebanon and parts of Israel, authorities said on Monday, urging health officials in northern Israel to make preparations for such an event.

      "The probability of an earthquake of a magnitude of up to six on the Richter scale, originating in Lebanon and being felt in Israel has increased," the health ministry said in a letter sent to medical officials in northern Israel.

      Since February, abnormal seismic activity has been noted in southern Lebanon, which had suffered some 500 minor earthquakes in a three-month period, health ministry director-general Avi Yisraeli said in the letter.

      "In May, the tremors have become more intense and were felt in northern Israel," he said adding that "should an earthquake of such magnitude hit northern Israel, it may cause substantial infrastructural damage in the area.

      "All medical facilities and organisations must do everything they can to enhance the level of readiness," Yisraeli said in the letter published by the ministry on Monday.

      Similar concern was issued by Lebanon's national scientific research centre.

      The secretary general of the centre, Moueen Hamz, told AFP in Beirut that 800 tremors ranging in magnitude from 2.3-5.1 degrees on the Richter scale had shaken the south Lebanon regions of Tyre and Nabatiyeh since February 12.

      "The tremors increased significantly in May and June," he said, urging the Lebanese authorities to take "serious prevention measures."

      Experts in Lebanon expect a quake of between five and six degrees on the Richter scale to strike, like the tremor that shook Lebanon in 1956 killing 136 people and destroying 6,000 houses, Hamze said.

      Some seismologists in Israel say that quakes have historically rocked the region every eight decades, and the last one was nearly 81 years ago.

      About 300 people were killed in Jerusalem and nearby Jericho by the July 11, 1927 temblor.

      A similar quake measuring seven on the Richter scale and with an epicentre in the Hula Valley, today in northern Israel, devastated the town of Safed and killed some 4,000 people in 1837. "

    • Stephen Hale
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 9, 2008
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Mason"
        <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:
        > I don't know whether RS said anything in this vein,
        > but some Anthro authors (as have plenty of non-Anthro)
        > attribute this darkness to a sandstorm. Such
        > sandstorms are not at all unknown around Jerusalem;
        > they come up from the vast desert and can indeed
        > cause darkness at noon. No doubt world-karma
        > bought this storm at that particular time and
        > place (like the earthquake), but the immediate,
        > "natural" cause of the darkness need not have
        > been any astronomical improbability.

        Question: Could we hear something about the origin of volcanoes?

        Dr. Steiner: That's a question that can't be answered quite so
        quickly. I will lead you to the point where you can find an answer to
        it. For if you read present-day books you can certainly find all
        sorts of ideas on the origin of volcanoes, but if you read older
        books, lying farther back in time, you find other views, and in still
        earlier books again other views. People have never inquired into the
        real origin of the earth and so views on volcanic phenomena have
        changed in the course of time. As a matter of fact, no one has been
        able to form a true idea of how these fire-erupting mountains
        originated.

        You see, it can always be shown that when things like fiery eruptions
        happen on the earth, they are connected with the constellations, the
        relation of the stars to the sun. An eruption can never occur unless
        at some particular place the sun is able to shine more strongly than
        usual because it is not covered by other stars. If it is covered by
        other stars as is generally the case, then the sunshine is normal.
        Starlight is everywhere; one must not think that the stars are not up
        there during the day, it is just that we don't see them. In the old
        city of Jena where people had time to do such things, where so many
        German philosophers taught, where Haeckel lived too, there is a deep
        cellar with a tower above it, open at the top. If you go down into
        this cellar in the daytime and look up through the tower it is all
        dark inside, but you see up above the most beautiful starry sky. When
        it is daytime, and clear and bright outside, you can see the most
        beautiful star-lit heavens, with stars everywhere.
        But when the stars are in such a position that the sun can develop
        its heat to full strength, when they do not obstruct the sun, then
        the sun's forces of warmth shine down upon some special places. These
        are the places where, after the earth had been fastened together,
        later volcanoes arose. They came about later. On the other hand,
        those that lie along the edges of the tetrahedron are the original
        volcanoes.

        http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/EvoEarMan/19240918p01.html
        The Evolution of the Earth and Man and The Influence of the Stars
        Lecture XII, 18 Sept. 1924