mamamia

  • carol
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2008

      I think this material helps distinguish the dividing line between consciousness soul community building and the upbuilding of an outwardly materialistic society .

      http://www.technologyreview.com/player/07/10/MagDemo/7.aspx

      Angela Belcher is using genetically engineered viruses to help synthesize useful nanomaterials.

      A small vial contains a billion viruses, each with a slightly different genetic modification. These can be screened to determine which of them will bind to specific inorganic materials, such as those used in rechargeable batteries.

      Belcher and graduate student Chung-Yi Chiang watch as modified viruses are injected into a solution, where they assemble themselves into fibers.

      Chiang extracts one of the fibers from the solution.

      Under ultraviolet light, a fiber made of genetically engineered viruses that bind to cadmium selenide nanocrystals glows red. A fiber made of unmodi­fied viruses appears blue. Virus-based fibers could be used in sensors and other applications.

      Chung-Yi Chiang prepares a fiber for mechanical testing.

      Stretch tests confirm that the fiber is strong enough to be woven into clothing.

    • Stephen Hale
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2008
        Carol, please consider what was recently said about October 1917 and
        its coincidence to that point in the previous epoch where the
        Atlantean civilization took hold of the elementary spirits of birth
        and death for its own *useful* purposes. It led to destruction,
        just as ours will lead to the same conclusion. But we have the
        knowledge to know its onset.

        The below is duly recognized. And it is a matter of choice, largely
        uninformed. Spiritual science sought to inform it, in advance, but
        people dropped the ball.

        But here we are anyway, so the below does inform us. Thanks.