Re: Oz in China

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2008
      Baum was much more ambivalent about american imperialist aims than
      Mark Twain, who had the tenacity to thumb the handshake of T-Rex
      himself. Maybe that's the difference between writing about "man's
      inhumanity to man" in very realistic stories, and writing the same
      in fable-form. Baum was more subtle, and yet impactful in his own
      way.

      In the era of Hollywood, just prior to WWII, it would still become
      meaningful for us; the story would be one in which thinking,
      feeling, and willing would become the great trinitarian amalgam of
      home and hearth and mother and father. The great expression of the
      Law of Three in One, and inherently recognizable to all.

      <holderlin66@...> wrote:

      > Bradford comments;
      >
      > The Wizard of Oz has been reduced down to the Threefold Human
      structure
      > morphed from three farm hands in Kansas, a Near Death Experience of
      > Dorthy and a destructive natural event, a Tornado that lifts
      Dorothy
      > into an altered state of consciousness. Whether Opium induced or
      not,
      > Scrarecrow, Lion and Tin Man have given readers an imagination of a
      > Threefold splintering of three different aspects of the soul plus
      Dorthy
      > and her dog. Plus East - West - North -South, and it has also
      given us
      > the imagination of THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN, the media illusions
      of
      > power behind Imerialism.
      >
      > A super imagination that doesn't, like C.S. Lewis present the Lion
      as
      > the Christ Being... Rather the feeble and frail i am in the midst
      of
      > powerful elemental and soul forces that reveal no Christ Being,
      but a
      > nice witch, a good witch and bad elementals, bad hordes of
      Ahrimanic
      > elementals and hosts of Luciferic tangent hallucinations, but
      > maintaining through out the threefold system of Thinking, Feeling
      and
      > Willing.... where the feeble i am is tossed internally into itself
      and
      > its elemental components its four temperaments and four directions
      in
      > space and an orientation to discover the home of the i am.... It
      has
      > acted as well as a powerful invigorating imagination that
      certainly gave
      > Judy Garland an endless career where her own little Dorthy
      experience
      > ends in alcholism.
      >
      > "Judy was a part of the Hollywood Machine that made stars just as
      easily
      > as it discarded them. Judy was pushed to the limits and by the time
      > "Wizard of Oz" was filmed she was already dependent on drugs to
      maintain
      > the arduous schedule that was required of her. She continued to
      make
      > movies, including "Strike Up the Band", "Easter Parade", and
      and "For Me
      > and My Gal", all the while struggling with her pill-dependency and
      > growing alcoholism.
      > "Judy's personal life was tumultuous, to say the least. While
      struggling
      > to maintain the life of a star, she was also struggling to be a
      wife. By
      > 1945, at the age of 23, she was on her second marriage to film
      director
      > Vincente Minnelli, which gave Judy her first child, daughter Liza
      > Minnelli." Liza Minnelli also fell like a stone as the external
      > pressures overwhelmed the lack of inner content, no foundation
      stone, no
      > thinking or cognitive fight back, no i am locator, no break
      through into
      > the higher I AM... but left with Personality cults and Personality
      > worship adorned with Luciferic Mystery center inspirations out of
      Las
      > Vegas. No inner seriousness or educational content and concrete
      Arts
      > and Sciences as support for the floundering i am. No geography,
      depth
      > or penetration of ideas and very few incursions into the Soul
      System
      > structure by concerned Michael students... When already, by the
      > sixties, the hidden Ahrimanic Foundation Stone had been laid as
      Fear
      > into the hearts of humanity.
      >
      > On one side, the Luciferic Mystery Center of Las Vegas. A truly
      > American mystery center to whip up frenzy and dreams of gamblers
      > nirvana... money, and wild hallucinations of great culture epochs
      of
      > Egypt and Greece, India and Paris....the Nile or Venice all
      brought for
      > the hallucinatory hunger for what the Michael School was required
      > draw lines from. What humanity was offered in their subjective
      > Luciferic hallucinations and cravings for false cultural buzz,
      money,
      > power and immortality... But the Michael/Christ path on the narrow
      road
      > of the Way, the Truth and the Light, highlighted the path of
      cultural
      > epochs where the Christ and I AM brought to Earth, the great
      answer to a
      > riddle. The riddle remains in drug induced, drunken Roman
      debaucheries
      > supposedly fit for Kings and Queens of materialism as their rewards
      > program.
      >
      > Lucifer in the West and Ahriman on Wall Street and the Ahrimanic
      Asuric
      > foundation stone out of Trinity New Mexico once more places a
      threefold
      > world, a Trinity of mysteries. A trinity of mysteries that
      humanity has
      > avoided like the plague lest they become aware that the Christ
      Event is
      > an objective fact like Gravity and fulcrum of the entire launch
      point of
      > I AM research into the clear cut mission of the Earth. Dorothy
      without
      > the cognitive i am is placed in a whirling elemental storm dream
      where
      > the pieces fall into place but the riddles remain to be inwardly
      solved.

      > Stephen Hale wrote:
      >
      > Here's a good story involving american imperialism.
      >
      > http://www.sexualfables.com/OzisChina.php#JourneytotheWest
      > <http://www.sexualfables.com/OzisChina.php#JourneytotheWest>
      > It describes how L. Frank Baum's beloved classic, "The Wonderful
      Wizard
      > of Oz", is actually an allegory of the Boxer Rebellion of 1898; in
      > every detail, in fact. Read this for an excellent analysis of Baum
      as
      > an imperialist; also a theosophist since 1892.
      > Steve
      >
      > As The Tao would say:
      >
      > A way that can be walked
      > is not The Way
      > A name that can be named
      > is not The Name
      >
      > Bradford comments;
      >
      > Very enlightening article. The Way, The Truth and the Light.
      Dead
      > Center, whether, and the cool thing is, that we always have this
      map of
      > West going East, but East going West looked at from a whole
      different
      > cultural perspective is vastly curious. The Emerald City. One
      wonders
      > about the reversed astral perspective of seeing in reverse. It
      would be
      > interesting to me if Steve or someone might elaborate on the
      Atlantean,
      > Great Wall, that apparently cannot be seen from the Moon. It was
      always
      > claimed by the Chinese that you could see the Great Wall from the
      Moon.
      > Ah, but See in what fasion of seeing? Apparently it almost can be
      seen,
      > but of course according to Steve and perhaps Stanley Kubrick,
      nobody has
      > felt comfortable about going to the Moon.... along with the fables
      of
      > major PR and conspiracy theories, we have the Kennedy
      assassination and
      > we have the made for T.V. version of astronauts playing golf on
      the moon
      > and walking about. Some think this was a Stanely Kubrick NASA,
      secret
      > studio production. Lord knows very few attempts to hang out on
      the Moon
      > have since been mounted as expeditons.
      >
      > This is hardly space or distance
      >

      > This maybe more distance
      >

      > When Yang Liwei, the first taikonaut, orbited 14 times around
      Earth in
      > October 2003, he didn't see the Great Wall of China from his
      Shenzhou V
      > capsule. He was disappointed, and so were his countrymen. China
      said for
      > decades that the Great Wall was the only manmade object visible
      from
      > space. So, the Chinese government was tempted to modify the
      schoolbooks
      > to remove this reference. But now, Proba
      > <http://radio.weblogs.com/0105910/2004/05/05.html> , the polyvalent
      > satellite launched in 2001 by the European Space Agency (ESA), was
      able
      > to capture images of the Great Wall from space
      > <http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Proba_web_site/SEMTTHGHZTD_0.html>
      taken
      > at an altitude of 600 km. As a practical consequence, millions of
      books
      > will not have to be printed again, saving probably a large forest.
      > China has cherished for decades the idea that the Wall was just
      about
      > the only manmade object visible to astronauts from space, and the
      news
      > disappointed many. A suggestion was made that the Wall be lit up at
      > night so it can definitely be seen in future, while others called
      for
      > school textbooks to be revised to take account of Liwei's finding.
      > However such revisions may be unnecessary, according to American
      > astronaut Eugene Cernan, speaking during a visit to Singapore: "In
      > Earth's orbit at a height of 160 to 320 kilometres, the Great Wall
      of
      > China is indeed visible to the naked eye." What is for sure is
      that what
      > the human eye may not be able to see, satellites certainly can.
      Proba's
      > High Resolution Camera (HRC) acquired this image of the Wall from
      600 km
      > away in space. The HRC is a black and white camera that
      incorporates a
      > miniature Cassegrain telescope, giving it far superior spatial
      > resolution to the human eye.
      > Here is an image acquired by Proba's High Resolution Camera on
      March 25,
      > 2004. It shows a short stretch of the 7240-km-long Great Wall of
      China
      > snaking along hilltops northeast of Beijing, running from the top
      middle
      > of the image down to bottom right.
      >
      > [Great Wall of China seen from space] The white watercourse that
      > meanders from the middle of the left side down to the bottom of the
      > image is the initial part of the 1500-km-long Da Yunhe or Grand
      Canal, a
      > linked series of natural and man-made waterways that represents an
      > engineering achievement on a par with the Great Wall (Credit for
      image
      > and legend: ESA).
      >

      > Update: The ESA said on May 19, 2004, that Proba didn't see the
      Grat
      > Wall of China. In "Correction: 'Great Wall of China' image
      > <http://www.esa.int/export/esaCP/SEMNA5HHZTD_index_0.html> ," the
      agency
      > gives the following explanation.
      > The story published 11 May 2004 'Great Wall of China seen from
      space'
      > featured image interpretation errors. The feature that was claimed
      to be
      > the Great Wall is actually a river running into the Miyun
      Reservoir,