Re: The Sun & The Moon

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 9 , May 30, 2008
      It is important to understand that no Venus Transits occurred in the
      20th century. The last to occur before 2004 and 2012, were in 1874
      and 1882, when Steiner was a kid studying Kant under the table, and
      then bringing Goethe's science from the days of Theophrastus forward
      in 1882. Yes, Theophrastus from Goethe. Ring a bell anyone?

      Also, only the first english edition of "Spiritual Hierarchies" from
      1928 contains the revision spoken about before. The 1960 and 1997
      editions give no reference to the so-called "insert" to the 1928
      ediiton to be found on the Rudolf Steiner Archive.

      For those wondering what this means, it means that in the first
      edition of the lecture course: The Spiritual Beings, and Their
      Reflection in the Physical World, that it is expressed in a certain
      inserted passage that the Aquarius Age has begun since 1882. And
      this is false. This age won't begin for another 500 years, or so.

      So where this insert came from, who knows. James Stewart says he
      scans only the original sources. I expressed the fact that the
      second and third english editions do not contain this reference.

      The below description of the epochal periods is correct as far as
      Steiner gave evidence time and time again.

      Steve

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise24"
      <carynlouise24@...> wrote:

      > Last year Dan wrote an interesting piece on the `time lag' which
      > corresponds to the two streams of the Sun and the Moon. Reading
      John