Catherine Emmerich, Vol.4-Re: [anthroposophy] A question of sources

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2001
      Hello Jeff,
      Great build up for Catherine Emmerich on the vol. 4 of her vision of christ.
      But where can this be found? A website? Address? Or hard copy somewhere?

      Happy Easter week,
      elaine

      >From: "jeff auen" <pacbay@...>
      >To: <anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com>, <ark@yahoogroups.com>,
      ><rosicruciansophia@egroups.com>
      >Subject: Re: [anthroposophy] A question of sources
      >Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 20:21:33 -0700
      >
      >I must add something else. On the reminder of Steven Cosgrove, I finally
      >went to Vol.4 of Catherine Emmerich's 4 volume set on the Life of Jesus
      >Christ as revealed to her in constant visions throughout her life. This
      >last volume is a absolute must for anyone who thinks or feels they knows
      >the last days of Jesus life on earth, His battles and passion and suffering
      >and work after the resurrection. It is a very hard read but paints a
      >detailed picture of Jesus unlike anything we have available, even in AP. In
      >some regards, this is the Fifth Gospel or rather a necessary adjacent to
      >Steiner's "Fifth Gospel". She even presents the first detailed description
      >of His appearance and physical attributes. Its a very provocative source.
      >Though Steiner may be more "objective" and cosmic, in sense, hers is far
      >more intimate and human.
      >
      >Jeff Auen

    • jeff auen
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2001
        There are several sources. Keyword search Catherine Emmerich and several sites will come up that sell the books. The one I used was sacramentals.com

        Jeff
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 17, 2001
          Elaine,

          I have a copy of 'The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ' if this is
          the volume of which everyone is speaking.
          I purchased my copy from a Catholic bookstore. You may want to try there if
          you have one nearby. The publisher of my copy is:

          Tan Books and Publishers, Inc.
          P.O.Box 424
          Rockford, Ill. 61105

          [rick distasi]

        • Marmade@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 18, 2001
            I purchased my 4 volumes of  Anne Catherine Emmerich's "The Life of Jesus
            Christ" from Tan Publishers in Rockford,  Ilinois. (About 4 years ago).

            Martha Bequette
          • I have one!
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 20, 2001
              --- In anthroposophy@y..., "elaine upton" <elaineupton@h...> wrote:
              > Hello Jeff,
              > Great build up for Catherine Emmerich on the vol. 4 of her vision
              of christ.
              > But where can this be found? A website? Address? Or hard copy
              somewhere?

              > Happy Easter week,
              > elaine

              I would like to know more also.
              But now, about your name "Elaine Upton". Really got my interest.
              When I was younger I had two girlfriends with the name "Elaine". And
              I used to live in a town named "Upton". Hmmmmmm.

              Somehow I've got to find a way to change my name fro "I Have One!" to
              my more usual handle "My Subconscious Self".

              MSS