Re: [anthroposophy] A question of sources

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 14, 2001
      In a message dated 4/14/01 2:01:17 PM, my_subconscious_self@... writes:

      << Which of Steiner's writings are the best sources for his spiritual
      insights into the reality of Jesus? I understand that he used some
      form of controled remote viewing to gain information directly. In
      which of his writings is this gained information written? Is it
      in "How to Know Higher Realms"?

      MSS >>

      *******Yes it is indeed, and in An Outline of Occult Science. The finest book
      to start with in my opinion is Christianity As Mystical Fact, his only
      written work on the Christ, written shortly after his 'opening' and
      experience of the Christ Being in the Akashic Records; then his lectures on
      the Gospel of St. John and the other Gospels, and the important lecture-cycle
      The Fifth Gospel.

      Dr. Starman
    • Richard Distasi
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 14, 2001
        Starman wrote:

        "*******Yes it is indeed, and in An Outline of Occult Science. The finest
        book
        to start with in my opinion is Christianity As Mystical Fact, his only
        written work on the Christ, written shortly after his 'opening' and
        experience of the Christ Being in the Akashic Records; then his lectures on
        the Gospel of St. John and the other Gospels, and the important
        lecture-cycle
        The Fifth Gospel."

        I would agree with the sequence listed above. One should start with 'An
        Outline of Occult (Esoteric) Science' and proceed from there with
        'Christianity as Mystical Fact', then followed by The Gospel of John
        lectures and the other lecture cycles that address the other Gospels
        (Matthew, Mark and Luke). Finally 'The Fifth Gospel' is a must also. I would
        then also add his lecture cycle on the 'Book of Revelation' though this is
        not directly related to the question posed by my_subconscious_self@...
        of the "reality of Jesus". I may be biased in my opinion here as regards to
        this sequence of progression as it is the progression that I took when I
        first started. I think that this is a good step by step progression and 'An
        Outline of Occult (Esoteric) Science' should absolutely be your first step
        (my opinion).

        [rick distasi]

        > << Which of Steiner's writings are the best sources for his spiritual
        > insights into the reality of Jesus? I understand that he used some
        > form of controled remote viewing to gain information directly. In
        > which of his writings is this gained information written? Is it
        > in "How to Know Higher Realms"?
        >
        > MSS >>
        >
        > *******Yes it is indeed, and in An Outline of Occult Science. The finest
        book
        > to start with in my opinion is Christianity As Mystical Fact, his only
        > written work on the Christ, written shortly after his 'opening' and
        > experience of the Christ Being in the Akashic Records; then his lectures
        on
        > the Gospel of St. John and the other Gospels, and the important
        lecture-cycle
        > The Fifth Gospel.
        >
        > Dr. Starman
        >
        > http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
        > Unsubscribe:

      • Morgan Vierheller
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 15, 2001
          "I have one!" wrote:

          > Which of Steiner's writings are the best sources for his spiritual
          > insights into the reality of Jesus?

          "The Christian Mysteries" is very good. (it is still in print)
          Also Emil Bock's "The Three Years."

          Morgan
        • starmann77@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 15, 2001
            In a message dated 4/15/01 9:08:48 PM, mrgnsms@... writes:

            << > Which of Steiner's writings are the best sources for his spiritual
            > insights into the reality of Jesus?

            "The Christian Mysteries" is very good. (it is still in print)
            Also Emil Bock's "The Three Years."

            Morgan >>

            And one of the sources for Bock's "The Three Years"---Steiner's book "the
            Spiritual Guidance of Man and Mankind."
          • jeff auen
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 15, 2001
              I must add something else. On  the reminder of Steven Cosgrove, I finally went to Vol.4 of Catherine Emmerich's 4 volume set on the Life of Jesus Christ as revealed to her in constant visions throughout her life. This last volume is a absolute must for anyone who thinks or feels they knows the last days of Jesus life on earth, His battles and passion and suffering and work after the resurrection. It is a very hard read but paints a detailed picture of Jesus unlike anything we have available, even in AP. In some regards, this is the Fifth Gospel or rather a necessary adjacent to Steiner's "Fifth Gospel". She even presents the first detailed description of His appearance and physical attributes. Its a very provocative source.   Though Steiner may be more "objective" and cosmic, in  sense, hers is far more intimate and human.

              Jeff Auen

            • mwhilden@anthropress.org
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 16, 2001
                Hi MSS,

                My name is Megan and I work for the Anthroposophical Press, but am still new to the world of Anthroposophy. However, I do know that we are publishing a new translation of Steiner's lectures on the gospel of Luke, with commentaries by Robert MacDermott. I found it to be a very interesting look at the life of Jesus.

                It should be available in June, and if you'd like to read more about it there is some more information on our website:
                http://www.anthropress.org/BooksPages/According%20to%20Luke.htm

                You can also read (or download) the first chapter from that page.

                I hope this is helpful!

                Best wishes,
                Megan

                > Message: 1
                > Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 18:00:37 -0000
                > From: "I have one!" <my_subconscious_self@...>
                > Subject: A question of sources
                >
                > Which of Steiner's writings are the best sources for his spiritual
                > insights into the reality of Jesus? I understand that he used some
                > form of controled remote viewing to gain information directly. In
                > which of his writings is this gained information written? Is it
                > in "How to Know Higher Realms"?
                >
                > MSS
              • Kees Kromme
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 16, 2001

[...]

                  K@ I am glad to hear, that the books of Anna Katharina Emmerich are translated in English! They are in an imaginative way together with Steiners 5th gospel (more inspirativ and intuitiv) an sort of eyewithnesses of the fact of the existance and the deeds and the importance of the real living Christ.
                  greetings kees
                • jeff auen
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 16, 2001
                    Yes. Indeed. I only wish someone would edit the most relevant passages and create a new single volume work. 1600 pages is a bit much to handle for most.

                    jeff

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 20, 2001
                      Jeff,

                      Although I have heard of many works and insights on jesus, I never
                      heard of this one (Vol.4 of Catherine Emmerich's 4 volume set on the
                      Life of Jesus Christ as revealed to her in constant visions
                      throughout her life) before. What is the name of this 4 volume set?.

                      MSS