Re: [anthroposophy] Soul Calendar

  • Wayne FISCHER
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
      Yes, I was wondering that too. I've included the one's done by Frau von Eckherdstein in my work. My bibliography also lists all the English translations of the Calendar of the Soul that I could find at the time, but I've found that there are a couple more out there. I am not aware of any spanish translations of the Calendar of the Soul, but then I haven't been looking.

      Wayne Fischer

      >>> starmann77@... 04/13/01 03:51PM >>>
      eurythmy@... writes:
      << any idea where to find the Spanish or Mexican translation of the Calendar
      of
      the soul with pictures?
      I think it was published last year
      Franky >>

      I wonder what pictures? The original ones done by von Eckherdstein or new
      ones?

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor<a href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=180521.1330684.2943114.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700077360:N/A=610484/*http://www.net2phone.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=WC6916EF
      Paid Net2phone Advertisement - Click Here!

    • eurythmy
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
        new pictures one for each week

        > Yes, I was wondering that too. I've included the one's done by Frau von
        Eckherdstein in my work. My bibliography also lists all the English
        translations of the Calendar of the Soul that I could find at the time, but
        I've found that there are a couple more out there. I am not aware of any
        spanish translations of the Calendar of the Soul, but then I haven't been
        looking.

        > Wayne Fischer

        > eurythmy@... writes:
        > << any idea where to find the Spanish or Mexican translation of the
        Calendar
        > of
        > the soul with pictures?
        > I think it was published last year
        > Franky >>
        >
        > I wonder what pictures? The original ones done by von Eckherdstein or new
        > ones?
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor<a
        href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=180521.1330684.2943114.2/D=egroupmail/S=17000773
        60:N/A=610484/*http://www.net2phone.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=WC6916EF
        > Paid Net2phone Advertisement - Click Here!
        > http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
        > Unsubscribe:

        > http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
        > Unsubscribe:

      • Wayne FISCHER
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 16, 2001
          Fantastic! Anyway that we would be able to view the new images?

          Wayne Fischer

          >>> eurythmy@... 04/13/01 05:56PM >>>
          new pictures one for each week

          > Yes, I was wondering that too. I've included the one's done by Frau von
          Eckherdstein in my work. My bibliography also lists all the English
          translations of the Calendar of the Soul that I could find at the time, but
          I've found that there are a couple more out there. I am not aware of any
          spanish translations of the Calendar of the Soul, but then I haven't been
          looking.

          > Wayne Fischer

          > eurythmy@... writes:
          ><< any idea where to find the Spanish or Mexican translation of the
          Calendar
          > of
          > the soul with pictures?
          > I think it was published last year
          > Franky >>
          >
          > I wonder what pictures? The original ones done by von Eckherdstein or new
          > ones?
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor<
          href=http://rd.yahoo.com/M=180521.1330684.2943114.2/D=egroupmail/S=17000773
          60:N/A=610484/*http://www.net2phone.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=WC6916EF
          > Paid Net2phone Advertisement - Click Here!
          >http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
          > Unsubscribe:

          >http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
          > Unsubscribe:

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • eurythmy
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 16, 2001
            I do not know who published this spanish translation with pictures for each
            week.
            Can any one help?
            Franky

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • starmann77@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 16, 2001
              eurythmy@... writes:
              << How to breathe in each verse of Calendar of the Soul ?

              The Stage lights gives one way.

              In week 01

              At first Red above Foot lights red and 1/3 white

              Wenn aus den Weltenweiten

              Die Sonne spricht zum Menschensinn

              Und Freude aus den Seelenteifen,

              Dem Licht sich eint im Schauen,

              Now red above and full white from the foot lights

              Dann ziehen aus der Selbstheit Hülle

              Gedanken in die Raumesfernen

              Und binden dumpf

              Des Menschen Wesen und des Geistes Sein >>

              *******The red above is the Sun. The whitening below is the Sun taken in to
              we human beings.

              A translation:
              When out of the World-Widenesses
              The Sun speaks to Man's Senses
              And Joy out of the soul's depths
              The Light becomes one with in Vision,
              Then is drawn out of Self-hood's sheath
              Thinking into Space-distances
              And binds dimly
              Man's Essence and the Spirit's Being.

              I recommend one start memorizing the lines of either the German (if you
              choose) or the English, and get as quickly as possible to the point where you
              can recite it at will. Take it one line at a time, then two lines, etc.
              You'll find that it has 4 groups of 2 lines each, with a mood to each. Think
              the thoughts and try to picture what they describe with feeling.
              The Risen Christ is the resurrected Sun that now speaks to you;
              Joy rises from deep within at Him (rather as the Egyptians felt on seeing
              Aton or the sun-disc rise, or the ancient Indian doing the Sun Salutation);
              Then feel your thoughts drawn into the wide universe;
              and meditate on what it means to say that in a hidden way this effects a
              joining of your deepest inner essence to the World's Being.

              I'll post some things all week. Work at memorizing the verse---treat it
              as if you are going to be in a play and must know your lines. Once you have
              it memorized, things will be possible that are not until then.

              Starman
            • Wayne FISCHER
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 17, 2001
                Dear Dr. Starmann,

                Why do the thoughts soaring out into the heavens "dimly bind" the inner essence of the human being to the spirit's life rather than "brightly bind"?

                Does this refer to a tenious and fragile awareness of the link between self and the divine within the spiritual landscape?

                Thanks,

                Wayne

                >>> starmann77@... 04/16/01 05:17PM >>>
                eurythmy@... writes:
[...]

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor<a href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=179523.1400079.2985094.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700077360:N/A=605558/*http://194.109.218.190/proj/tim2/intro.asp?m=hcb&s=tm1222

              • eurythmy
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 17, 2001
                  Dear Starman,
                  Thanks for your remark about stage lighting.

                  Is anyone interested on description of the Eurythmy forms? I do not know how
                  to pass on a coulour version of them without using a Mbite, so here it
                  comes, for the silent part, before and after the text, prologue and
                  epilogue.

                  Choreography: week 01
                  The stage is like a human being. It has the polarity back and front of
                  stage. More thinking like a head in the back, more actions in the front like
                  the limbs, in between a median sphere. Many theatres accentuate this by a
                  racked floor. On the left of the audience is stage right [SR] on the other
                  side stage left [SL].

                  Prologue:

                  Starting place: The four are at the back of the stage, group by the axis.
                  Blue [SL] Green [SC] and Red [SR] are in a line going slightly forward from
                  red to blue. The Lila is behind the green; it is the furthest back.

                  Basic movement: Blue and Red start by a meander widening of the form in two
                  symmetrical semi circle; so they join in middle-front stage. Meanwhile Green
                  and Lila go forward in a pendulum movement following semi circles directed
                  towards the back, they end slightly behind Blue and Red. Lila behind Red
                  that is foremost and Green crosses over to the right.

                  Detail Movement: Blue widens at first in going back {with Green}, then with
                  Red it goes inwards in a first meander in the direction of the finishing
                  place. Immediately they both go a little way back and outwards before the
                  second half of this first part. At the same time, Lila and Green start. Lila
                  goes straight towards the finishing place, while Green accompanies Blue
                  towards the back, crosses over to the right and stats its first pendulum
                  (3/4 of a circle) towards the Red {which will start its first Meander
                  towards the finishing place}. As the Green crosses towards the Red, Lila
                  goes back towards the blue and starts its pendulum forward, (quite a small
                  circle compared to the larger Green), and crosses over towards Green. They
                  now together swing to the left then to the right towards their finishing
                  places. Green is always in a wider movement, Lila always nearer the centre
                  of the stage.

                  Remark: The choreography indicates the breathing of the texts expending and
                  contracting:: world's wide realmsThe sun / joy / light / far spread spaces /
                  Spirit Life || the human mind / depths of soul / selfhood's sheath / dimly
                  bind / human's being.

                  Epilogue:as the prologue.
                • starmann77@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 17, 2001
                    In a message dated 4/17/01 1:00:06 PM, wfische@... writes:

                    << Dear Dr. Starmann,

                    Why do the thoughts soaring out into the heavens "dimly bind" the inner
                    essence of the human being to the spirit's life rather than "brightly bind"?

                    Does this refer to a tenious and fragile awareness of the link between self
                    and the divine within the spiritual landscape?

                    Thanks,

                    Wayne >>

                    I think that is a good way to put it. It's a link that will grow stronger
                    through the year; right now, it's barely noticeable, yes.
                  • Elisa
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 26, 2004
                      Dears,

                      I'm elisa from Italy and I'm working about Calendar from two years:
                      traslation and specific phonetik for each week.
                      Now, my work is finish and I like to edit in free download.
                      But I have't the original german text in word or similar..some of
                      you have it and can help me? ...

                      Tank in advance..

                      Ahh..an example of phonetik..about this week..

                      24/30 november - n.34

                      Geheimnisvoll das Alt-Bewahrte
                      Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
                      Im Innern sich belebend fuhlen:
                      Es soll erweckend Weltenkrafte
                      in meins Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen
                      Und werdend mich ins Dasein pragen

                      Phonetik: GINBRAZ

                      Italiano:

                      Nel mio esserci reale ora
                      sento che dentro di me,
                      ciò che è stato volutamente nascosto per essere a lungo sperimentato,
                      è calda vita:
                      questo debito riporterà in vita la forza del mondo
                      effondendola con la mia esistenza nel mio operare esterno,
                      affinchè possa lasciare la mia impronta nel divenire del mondo.

                      Have a good day empty of colors,

                      elisa