Re: Digging up treasures

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2008
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carol" <organicethics@...> wr
      > Out of curiosity yesterday, I opened a window at the archives of
      > unclassified lectures (no GA attachment) and chose the first.....
      >
      > The PISTIS SOPHIA, a Gnostic writing preserved in the Coptic
      language, says: "The divine lordliness will dwell in our land, grace
      and truth will meet one another, righteousness and peace will kiss
      one another." now known as THE DAMASCUS DOCUMENT. Although it excited
      interest in only the narrowest professional circles, it hardly seems
      accidental that itshould be published at the same time, even in the
      same year, that Rudolf Steiner was putting the finishing touches on
      his exposition of theriddles of Essensism.
      > It was in September of 1910, in Berne, that Rudolf Steiner gave his
      > lectures on Daniel´s vision of Michael must be compared with the
      apocryphal stories about Joseph. These latter are connected with the
      influence ofthe Archangel Michael....
      > In this apocryphal text a recurring formula speaks of "eating of the
      > blessed bread of life and drinking from the sanctified cup of
      > immortality." Joseph prays to God that Aseneth may be blessed by
      > participating in this sacred ceremonial meal. Then the Archangel
      Michael appears and says to Aseneth as she is partaking of the
      heavenly honeycomb proffered to her: "See, thou hast eaten of the
      bread of life and drunk from the cup of immortality." Before laying
      the heavenly honeycomb in Aseneth´s mouth, Michael has himself eaten
      thereof. Then he turns to Aseneth and says: "This honeycomb is the
      spirit of life, made by the bees of Paradise out of the dew on the
      roses of life that stand in God´s Paradise. The angels eat thereof,
      and all God´s Elect and all the sons of the highest. No one who eats
      thereof will ever die."
      > Riessler points out that this legend originated among the Essenes
      andrefers to their ceremonial meal. Among the Essenes at Qumran, only
      men partook of this meal. But the Aseneth legend speaks of the
      Therapeutae who, according to Philo, allowed women to share the meal.
      > As this Michael legend of Joseph and Aseneth is connected with the
      > Therapeutae of Egypt, so the newly found Qumran texts are connected
      with the Essenes of Palestine, who were notorious warriors of Michael.

      Dear Carol,
      Yes, TREASURES - found earlier also - thanks to Sheila for
      placing them on this list. Was familiar with "Joseph and Aseneth"
      from Cayce-oriented research(Am very interested in the rich symbolism
      enclosed in the account).Wish had seen this material before took
      apocalypse class - would have been much better understood. NINA

      Sheila also shared this about PISTIS SOPHIA: (message #2591)

      Lecture 3
      of three lectures given at Dornach 31 December 1915 - 2 January 1916
      under "MEDITATIONS ON THE NEW YEAR"
      Perceiving and Remembering by Rudolf Steiner
      Let us think of the human etheric body as it is connected with the
      physical body. We shall sketch it thus:
      representing it entirely diagramatically, and we shall sketch the
      physical body as a kind of rind of the etheric body, though it must
      be understood that in reality it interpenetrates the whole human
      etheric body, except the most external part of the latter. Let this
      then be the etheric and physical body, and there, belonging to them,
      as is understood, in the whole system of man, his astral body and
      ego. Let us now recall that the etheric body of man naturally
      consists of the different kinds of ether which we have learnt to
      distinguish. We recognize these as consisting of warmth-
      <-------outer ether ether, light-ether, chemical-ether [by which the
      music of the spheres is communicated] and life-ether.

      Let us turn our attention to the light-ether. It is true that the
      whole etheric body consists of an inner blend - an inwardly organised
      blend of the four kinds of ether, but we shall only consider today
      that part of the ether body which is light-ether; and in order to fix
      our attention on that part of the etheric body which we call the
      light-ether, we have sketched it above.

      Now I have often said that man really only gains consciousness of
      things from being actually within them with his ego and soul being.
      It is in the daytime, when we are awake, that the astral body and ego
      are within the physical and etheric bodies; one may add, as regards
      that part of them which is not within things. Keeping this in view we
      say that we have sense perceptions. The cause of this is that the
      human ego and astral body first receive a revelation of things, and
      this revelation which remains unconscious, is then reflected on the
      instruments of the senses and their nerve extensions in the physical
      body. This has often been explained.

      Now we shall inquire today: How does memory come about? How is it
      that we have remembrance of many things, of objects and experiences
      that we have passed through? How does it come to pass that we have
      memory?

      Take this case. We meet a man today, whom we first saw five days ago.
      We remember that we saw him five days ago, that we spoke with him,
      that he told us his name. We say: we recognize this man. What is it
      that really takes place in us when we thus remember a man and our
      former meeting with him?

      This is what occurs; the first thing we have to take into
      consideration is this, that when we met the man five days ago our
      etheric body experienced certain movements. It is the light part of
      the etheric body that we are now considering; of course, the other
      members of the etheric body - the heat, chemical and life parts also
      vibrate in sympathy, but it is the light part that we are considering
      today; I will speak of it therefore as the light-body. Our etheric
      body, then, experienced certain movements, for the thoughts evoked by
      the man whom we met, revealed themselves within ur light-body as
      movements - as inner light-movements; so that apart from our having
      perceived the man with our senses, we received impressions [not
      communicated through the senses] that gave rise to movements in our
      light-body. Thus the whole result of our meeting with the man
      consisted in our light-body experiencing all kinds of movements.
      Picture this vividly to yourselves. While you stood before the man
      and spoke to him, your etheric light-body was in continual movement.
      While you stood before the man and spoke to him, your etheric light-
      body was in continual movement. What you said to him, what you felt
      and thought regarding him, is all disclosed in the movements of your
      light-body. When, several days after, you see this man again, the
      fresh sight of him stirs your soul, and this movement causes your
      etheric body, purely because of its laws of continuity, to reproduce
      the movements it experienced five days before, when you met the man
      and exchanged thoughts with him. Very well, we encounter this man
      again after five days. The etheric light-body, stirred by this
      meeting, experiences again the same movements which it did at the
      first meeting; and because man is always with part of his astral body
      and ego in the outer ether, he feels the movements which stir the
      outer ether, and thus because of its law of continuity [or
      persistence] he again becomes aware of what he experienced
      previously. We have really to picture to ourselves, that during the
      waking state we are both with our ego and astral body within the
      outer light-ether; sleep ony consists in that part of the astral body
      and ego, which during the day, when we are awake, is within the
      physical and etheric body, also withdrawing into the outer ether.
      Remembrance is this: the perception from the outer ether of inner
      etheric movements; the perception from the outer light-ether of
      movements in the inner light-body: that is, to remember.

      Suppose, for example, that you see two men meet each other. Perhaps
      the one merely sees the face of the other, but because of this
      certain movements arise in his etheric body. Then he goes his way.
      The etheric body retains the tendency to repeat these movements if
      stirred to do so. Five days later these two men meet again. They
      perceive each other, the one whose light-body is stirred to make the
      same movements which it made when he saw the other's face before.
      This is expressed in his cocsciousness when he says: I have seen this
      face before. That is: consciousness perceives the inner movements of
      the light-ether from the light-ether. This is remembrance purely as
      an act of perception. We can say: in the external light one perceives
      the movements taking place in the inner light-body. But we do not see
      them as light movements. Why do we not see them thus in ordinary
      life? We do not see them as light movements, because this light-ether
      body is seated within the physical body, and therefore the movements
      of the light-ether impinge everywhere on the physical body. Through
      these impacts, the light movements of the etheric body are
      transformed into memory pictures. These light movements are not
      perceptible, it is only through what the memory presents to us
      through contact with the physical body that we are aware of them.

      When the physical body is not there, that is when the body has passed
      through the gates of death, the ego and astral body are naturally at
      first far more intensely within the outer ether, till after a few
      days they leave the outer ether. The inner light-ether is then no
      longer stirred by impacts on the physical body to conceptions that
      are only possible in the physical body. Therefore the dead see
      everything that they have experienced, which the etheric body, now
      freed from the physical body and no longer restrained by it, throws
      off and allows to pass before it. During the first few days after
      death man sees everything pass before him; for the etheric has the
      tendency continually to repeat and to reproduce from within itself
      all those movements which the experiences of the physical body had at
      one time aroused in it. The man's whole life passes before him, set
      in motion by the vibrations of the ether body. It is seen projected
      as a mighty picture - one may say that all the etheric movements
      reflect, as in a panorama, the life just passed on earth.

      If it were possible for us always so to control the physical body is
      we could make ourselves so independent of it - not letting it disturb
      us - that the etheric body also were set free [as can be done by
      certain meditations connected with the process described in my
      book "Knowledge of Higher Worlds" it might be that even in life we
      might see, not the results of memory - not what arises through the
      impact of the etheric body on the physical body, but the actual
      swayings and movements of the etheric body itself. We should be then
      in the outer ether and look at the movements of our light-body.

      Why can we not do this in ordinary life? Why in ordinary life does it
      happen tht when Miss A meets Mr. B, for example, and recognises him;
      she remembers him - that is, she recalls the memory-picture of him,
      but she does not in ordinary circumstances, leaving clairvoyance out
      of the question, see what she otherwise could: the inner movements of
      her ether body which would give her the inner experience: 'Thus has
      my etheric body always been stirred on meeting Mr. B' Light would
      then perceive light, that is, the outer world perceive the inner -
      because the astral body and ego of Miss A would perceive the tendency
      to continual movement of her own light-body, and would know how to
      interpret them so as to say: 'These are the movements my light-body
      always experiences when I meet Mr. B.' The phenomenon would then
      occur, that through dwelling in the ether - which is what we are
      always doing with a large part of our ego and astral body - through
      dwelling in the ether, through perceiving the weaving and flowing in
      the light-ether, we see our own little organised etheric body with
      its movements. We perceive light by the light, the light that is
      ourselves. Why can this not be done in ordinary life? Why is it that
      we first perceive the results of the impacts of the etheric body on
      the physical body?

      It is because Ahriman and Lucifer are bound up with the earthly
      world, because Ahriman has shackled the physical body so firmly to
      the whole being of man, that the etheric body cannot easily free
      itself; because he has so densely compressed the physical body to the
      etheric body; and because the spirits tht serve Ahriman are always
      present, they bring it to pass tht when man is in the light, his
      light-body with its movements are darkened, so that he cannot behold
      them. Demons continually keep the light-body of man in darkness. This
      is because the organisation of the physical body and etheric body is
      brought about by Ahriman. We can therefore say [and I shall write
      this sentence on the blackboard, for it is of great
      importance]: "When from out of and by light the human soul is capable
      of observing what takes place in its own light-body, it has liberated
      itself from the Ahrimanic forces which otherwise obscure what takes
      place therein.'

      What might a soul wishing to attain this long and pray for? It might
      thus address certain powers that are in the spiritual world and which
      it recognizes.

      'Oh, ye Powers in the spiritual world, let me in my physical body be
      conscious in the world of Light, let me be in the Light so as to
      perceive my own light-body, and let not the power of the Ahrimanic
      forces be too strong for me, so as to prevent me from beholding what
      takes place in my light-body.'

      Once more I will repeat what a soul by whom these Powers are to some
      extent recognised in the spiritual world, might say in longing, in a
      kind of prayer:

      'Oh, ye Powers, let me consciously, in the light, from out of and by
      the light behold the occurrences within my own light-body; weaken and
      take away the power of the Ahrimanic forces which obscure them. Let
      me consciously by the light perceive my own light, and remove the
      force that hinders me from seeing the light from out of and by the
      light.'

      What I have just repeated to you is not simply an invented prayer,
      but it was thus that Christ taught those to pray who were able to
      understand Him after He had passed through the Mystery of Golgotha,
      during that time when He still lingered among His most intimate
      disciples.

      This belonged to the understanding, to the Gnostic understanding that
      such disciples of Christ could still evoke at that time and which, as
      I have explained to you, disappeared about the time in which the
      Mystery of Golgotha took place.

      Those souls which were so intimately associated with the Christ could
      raise their eyes to this power - who for them was the Christ - and
      pray Him that it might be possible for them by the light to perceive
      their own light-essence; pray Him to restrain the opposing Powers of
      Ahrimanic nature, that their vision might not be obscured and
      darkened, and that they might see the light-movements of their light-
      body. These things were learnt by the intimate disciples of Jesus
      Christ during the time I have indicated. They were well aware how all
      things I have mentioned were brought about, and were instructed in
      all these matters during the time that Christ held intercourse with
      them after the Mystery of Golgotha.

      Among the fragments that remain of ancient Gnostic wisdom I have
      mentioned the Pistis-Sophia script. I shall now read yu an extract
      from it as follows:

      'I will extol thee, O Light, for I desire to come to thee.'

      'I will extol Thee, for Thou art my Saviour.'

      'Leave me not in chaos (when I am withdrawn from the physical body).
      Leave me

      not in chaos, O Light of Heaven, for it is Thou whom I have
      glorified.'

      'Thou hast endowed me with thy Light and saved me; Thou hast led me
      to the upper Gods of Chaol (consciously, when out of the physical
      body). May the offspring of evil now be driven out (of Ahriman, but
      Ahriman is not written there), who follow me, and may they sink down
      among the lower Gods of Chaos; and let them not come near the upper
      Gods, that they may behold me. May great darkness cover them and
      black darkness come over them; and do not let them behold me in the
      Light of Thy Power, which Thou hast sent me to save me, so that they
      may not again have power over me. The determination that they have
      made, to take my strength, let it not take effect nor let them
      gainsay me to take from me my light. Take theirs rather than mine.
      They have desired to take away all my light, and have not been able
      to do so, for Thy Light-force was with me. Because they decreed,
      without Thy command, to take away my light, Thou has not allowed them
      to take it. Because I have believed in the Light I shall not fear.
      The Light is my Saviour, I shall not be afraid.'

      When we fear, we must think of Ahriman as we saw him in one of the
      Mystery Plays.

      Look at this fragment of the Pistis-Sophia. Does it not appear as if
      it had been saved on purpose to enable us to speak somewhat as
      follows: Behold, you opponents of the new Spiritual Science. Does not
      this new Spiritual Science say: that by the light the light-movements
      of the light-body can be seen, when the opposing Ahrimanic demons do
      not prevent it. There was once a time when this was already known;
      and the Pistis-Sophia presents a physical evidence of that time. For
      what I have read to you relly speaks of nothing else than that power
      that I have interpreted for you from the activities of the light-
      body, and the sojourning of the soul within this light-body. It is
      not possile to understand this fragment of the Pistis-Sophia unless
      you understand what I have just explained to you. Therefore those who
      come across this script of the Pistis-Sophia and attempt to read it
      have to admit to themselves that they do not understand it at all.
      They are not humble enough to be able to do so.

      This is something, however, that we must possess - this humility,
      this great modesty as regards the things contained in it, so that we
      feel constrained to say to ourselves: 'Here is a fragment of the
      Pistis-Sophia, which says, "I will extol Thee, O Light! for I desire
      to draw near unto Thee. I will extol Thee, O Light, for Thou art my
      Saviour." Reading it thus I do not understand it' - but one must have
      such humility, such modesty, that one will not desire to understand
      it until one has called forth in one's self the possibility of
      understanding it. It is precisely in our age that such humility is
      hardly to be found. The explorers who discover such writings among
      ruins and wreckage are frequently the least endowed with this
      modesty. They either explain what they find in the most trivial way
      saying, 'The light spoken of here is a nebulous conception intended
      to be taken allegorically.' Or else they say: 'Those who wrote this
      long ago were at a childish stage of human evolution; we have made
      splendid progress since then! [You will remember what I said of this
      yesterday] We have indeed made such magnificent progress that it is
      easy for us to realise that these forefathers of ours with all their
      wisdom, were but at a childish stage.' It is not so much a question
      in our day of not being able to understand, but above all that we
      cannot so easily come by a certain attitude of soul, which is
      necessary if spiritual knowledge is really to be attained.

      This attitude of soul is that which existed in the Mysteries, and it
      consisted in a man's developing within him the feeling that it is not
      possible for a matter to be understood without first preparing the
      soul for it - without preparing ourself for the understanding of it.
      In our day a far more prevalent attitude of soul is that a clever man
      [and in his own opinion every grown man is very clever today] that
      the clever man can form an opinion regarding any matter. But the
      world is profound; and all that is connected with the hidden things
      of the world is also profound. Because of this belief in his own
      cleverness which every grown man has today, he simply ignores the
      most profound problems of the world; and when these mysteries are
      mentioned or written about they are treated with scorn, are flung
      aside into the obscurest corner and labelled - fanaticism and
      superstition, or even worse.

      It is needful to see these facts clearly, for it is very important to
      recognize how at present those who do not desire to understand,
      spread scorn and derision on all that can only be reached by a soul
      that has first prepared itself with meekness and humility - with
      meekness and humility as regards knowledge. It is not only the
      knowledge of spiritual truths that is primarily wanting in our time,
      but rather that attitude of soul whch shows true striving after
      knowledge.

      The world now knows, however, that there are a few men - who will be
      more and more numerous - who recognise this very clearly, and note
      carefully and with interest, that therein lies the main driving force
      of true progress. One must first know what must hjappen and recognise
      clearly and without any illusion,that those who have already covered
      all true effort after knowledge with scorn and ridicule will attempt
      to interfere with everything that still has to enter into the
      spiritual development of mankind. It is now sought to fill mankind
      from childhood with materialistic ideas. This materialistic training
      lords it even over the tender souls of your children; materialistic
      schools are forced upon them, which, less through the content of
      their teaching than through their whole nature, imbue the children's
      souls with materialism.

      In accordance with the illusion of the times, people veil this
      domination by saying: This is demanded by the age of liberty and
      freedom! What people call freedom in the age of materialism is the
      very opposite of all freedom; but things are so arranged that people
      hardly notice it. Those who have some insight into how things are do
      no more than combat this bondage by that which must be forbidden,
      others again cast sheep's eyes at those in power and seize in their
      grasp everything that ought to be as free as the flowers that grow in
      the fields.

      It is necessary that we should possess that really fine attitude of
      mind that can only come from Spiritual Science. Then before all else
      it is clear to us that what should be inculcated during the tender
      years of childhood into the human soul, is not to be found on the
      path followed by the methods of thought of the outer materialism of
      today. We must not allow ourselves to be deceived by words, this we
      must understand. Further, it is necessary that we should free
      ourselves from the whole 'aura' of prejudice met with everywhere;
      that we should feel truly within us that attention of mind which
      springs from Spiritual Science and frequently ask ourselves what is
      within our souls from the whole essence of Spiritual Science and what
      is to be found there merely because we have received those forces of
      thought prevalent in the world today?

      Perhaps as yet we can do nothing in our age to stem the course of the
      unfree materialistic tone of the day. But at least we must learn to
      feel it a bondage . Here it is that a beginning must be made. We must
      not e taken by illusion. For, if the world proceeds in its evolution
      according to the wishes of this materialistic impulse we shall
      gradually enter an evolution in which not only will anyone be
      forbidden to do anything for the health of humanity unless he is
      certificated, but no one will be allowed to say a word regarding
      science of any kind, except one who has taken a vow to speak only of
      such things as are patented with the stamp of the materialistic order
      of thought. At present the constraint of the things forbidden is not
      much felt. But a time is coming when, just as every effort for the
      healing of mankind that is not stamped and certificated will be
      forbidden, so every word will be forbidden that is said otherwise
      than in the form patented and guaranteed by the materialistic powers.

      If people do not perceive the whole course of what is coming about,
      they will enter full-sail into this future 'freedom.' This will
      consist in promulgated laws forbidding people to teach differently
      from what is taught in a recognized school. Everything will be
      forbidden that recalls in the most distant way what, for instance, is
      taking place amongst us here. Because people do not see how the
      course of evolution is tending, they do not realize this.

      It is true very little can be done in our day; but in our thoughts we
      must make a beginning by realising the trend of events - wherever we
      can, we must make a beginning. No matter ow such remarks as these are
      received, I had to give expression to them at this turning point of
      the year; for the Festival of the New Year is a kind of sign marking
      the progress of time generally; and at this season we can best be
      made aware of what is contained in time as it runs its course. It
      cannot be sufficiently, or too frequently impressed on you, how
      dependent man is today on the opinions that whirl around him - what
      whirl about more especially when they are made permanent with foul
      printers' ink in the newspapers, and this printers' ink possesses
      infinitely active magical powers as regards all that is believed by
      people throughout the world. It is interesting to note what takes
      place when these gentlemen are not quite united among themselves. For
      then there occurs what overwhelms all thinking souls, things called
      into being by this black printers' ink which work dreadful magic in
      the masses of mankind today. Naturally there are always some who
      believe hat one paper says, and other again who hold as irrefutable
      what is scribbled in another paper. They are divided among
      themselves. It is thus easy to see where the real fault and blame
      should lie. I will not say much on the subject, myself. You can read
      in Dr. Ed. Engel's book on the "Psychology of Newspaper Readers: what
      he has to say on this matter. He says, 'The reader of newspapers is a
      much muddled person. His countless valuable qualities disappear
      behind two: He believes everything and he forgets everything. On
      these two principal qualities, possessed by all newspaper readers, is
      founded the secret of the daily press as it exists oday. Most people
      read but one paper, and believe what they see there. Their ideas
      regarding the world in the evening are the creation of what they read
      in the morning. When they meet other people who have read other
      papers and who put forward their opinions, they consider them either
      mad or paradoxical. Newspaper editors thoroughly understand the soul
      of their readers, they nurse the beliefs of their readers with tender
      care. A newspaper never brings to the mass of its readers a proof of
      what it has to communicate; even in the not uncommon case of a false
      presentation of facts having led to the publication of something
      completely foolish, they defend themselves, sheltering themselves
      behind the infallibility of their paper. They are, of course, obliged
      to publish the truth a few days later. The second quality of their
      readers, that of forgetfulness, then comes in usefully!'

      When we come to think what a power newspapers have in the 19th
      century and the large share the belief in them has had in the decline
      of our culture, it is quite time the whole wretched business was put
      clearly before you. What often depresses one is, that the method of
      communication what we have chosen, and which should be a very
      different one, has to be preserved by printing. This indeed cannot be
      otherwise, for the Black Art is present there, and the White Art must
      of course reckon with this Black Art which finds expression in
      printed matter. We must have books, and lectures, but we ought to be
      awake to the fact that care must be taken that things which are now
      entrusted to print should not be cast abroad in the world in the same
      way as that which whirls through the minds of mankind on the wings of
      the newspapers of today.

      I wish to make you realise that this is a serious matter. That is why
      I have permitted myself to join these observations to what I said
      today and yesterday in connection with great mysteries of existence,
      such as that of the human Earth-year, and the possibility of
      beholding the Light by man by the Light.

      [FINI]
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2008

        "Nina"  brought:

[...]

        Bradford comments;

        Age of Pisces

        Nice fishing or phishing Nina, nice catch!  How hard it is to find rich explanations of Memory and the Memory Tableau that is understood from NDE or Near Death Experiences.  So my memory reproduces a series of light movements that I expereinced when I encountered this or that karmic or passing person or event.  There were in my etheric body certain movements and our memory... and I have always been bad with names but good with faces.  I can tell you as a Waldorf Teacher, I get a whole class full of kids and each one set up a sounding board stirring of my etheric body.  Eventually the roots of the name that fit the child or the names of friends and companions sink in along with the impression and light stirrings that I can feel in my etheric body.

        I always marvel, I have a wife who has velcro brain for facts, objects, names and people.  I have always had a much looser connection to my etheric and physical body so that my impressions of people and my definitions of people and events, be it ever so humble, resonate and deepen, just like meditation and the ruckshau had done, one feels, and sees the activity of the shimmering of the light in our etheric body, as impressions scintillated through our being.  These impressions aka Memories, these etheric light movements register temperament, fire ethers, water ethers, earth melancholy, air sanguinuity....capturing ether snapshots in the immediate light of encounters and meetings we have depends also on the rich store of impressions, the store of impressions that tell us of melancholy as a rich etheric reality that resonates out to the twinkling stars and roots itself in the operative temperament and elemental beings enslaved in any given individual.  Plegmatic, sanguine or choleric, the human being is never merely one ether, there are always four different mingled ethers with an etheric light movement that has been acquired via an adaptation to Earthly conditions and a fonder relation to one powerful elemental and etheric being over another.

        Empahty and the light of empathy often makes me listen and sense what makes tears come to my eyes.  Now there is a soul light empathy that verges and intersects with a kind of light in the etheric body that resembles the movement of tragedy...  or news that for the time of the meeting envelopes a soul...  But also deepens the relationship, if you have the sympathy and empathy and see and allow as well as understand the depth and type of light impression that passes through the soul...  Yesterday one of our restarurant servers, a particularly upbeat one, always with a smile, a dimple and never depressed, plus an excellent server or waitress in our employ said she had to leave to take care of both her parents who had just both of them encountered extremes of cancer.  For a moment in listening deeply to her, and giving the space to hear what she had to say.... because there in lies the problem of etheric attention span deficit, that most people skim over contents, and have no resonating light experience to travel in various regions or DETECT deeper currents of light and have interest in them with as much interest as they do with well trained superficials and skimming attitudes that never allow time or space enough to really Listen.

        This was part of the Art of Goethean Conversation by Marjorie Spock.  Listening, active listening to the other really and truly allowed all that was brought up in this essay that Nina brought.  Now I would have to reproduce for you some experience of the Art of Goethean Conversation that Marjorie Spock aimed at, but in fact, it was capturing snapshots of deeper etheric currents and insights when you listened or talked together.  Grasping real etheric and astral forces so that a true buffer and a mutual defense against the Ahrimanic was allowed.  There is no such clause or defense in any given conversation today.  In any given conversation someone has to make a more powerful effort to listen and DECTECT deeper insights and colorings, different strata of etheric memory light effects and have some way to connect what we see as light, soul movements and light ether effects into a vocabulary and wider field of definitions and also, that these light observations are flashes, rich flashes where trained intuitions can dive in,  that is the pineal gland and light sensor intuitive thinking appratus dives in below the surface features of events.... and grasps not only emotional fields, but will fields.

        For periods of time any and all of us have circles of karmic encounters and rounds of souls in certain phases of our lives which offer the opportunity for us to review the impressions we get and raise them up to our consciousness.  These intimate light readings or lack of ability to loosen the grip of our Ahrimanic prison keepers.... brought Steiner to gasp how Ahriman sought to keep the Light that Spiritual Science offered from taking root in the etheric bodies around him.  As a true scientist he looked over the memory Tableau and how and what locks it out and what opens it up.

        But Steiner also presented what came to pass in Germany as control of thoughts and ideas, but Steiner wasn't just standing on Ahriman's efforts where he stood but on Ahriman's efforts on into our future.  And Orwell's book had not been published which established, in "1984", in George Orwell's outline of Ahrimanic intentions and the further enveloping political forces of the PNAC  Project for a New Ahrimanic Century and of course the prize, the hollywoodization of the great Ahrimanic Intent, the full Ahrimanic crushing and suffocation of THE LIGHT, the very LIGHT, that Steiner described intimately,  Orwell, the PNAC and The Matrix as well as V for Vendetta and countless other packages, including the idiot Terminator series, all advertised the future Ahrimanic intentions that humanity seems able to skip along and tra la la towards and fail to realize that not even the simplist rich depths of Goethean Conversation can be maintined in the orgy of cowardice and prejudice.

        Here on this list we have written about the AMERO in contrast to the EURO and how the intent is to bankrupt and shrink, and crush the dollar, but also move closer and closer to the control of the slavery of the impulses and desires and economy of everyone by shrinking to desperation the whole world and isolating a 1% who will hold the power to do Ahriman's bidding.  To study Orwell's text and project the robbery of the light and the fall of the intuitions we attain through penetrating the etheric light, the layers of etheric light and nuances, they are called nuances.  Nuances of color, light, depth, quality, accent, gesture, language and ability to express and Speak... all nuances that contain shades of how our etheric bodies capture and remember the richest and minor moments of life we have been drenched in.

        To not understand or avoid knowing that most of humanity are unconscious hidden icebergs, under the surface, like the iceberg that hit the Titanic.  The icebergs are the deceptions, the lies and the popular opinions that strangle the free intuitive light muscles, the ability to be mobile and think through various layers and qualities of light without squirming, lying or fleeing from what things we encounter or rejoice in a celebration of nourishment and light in other things we encounter... means that we sail treacherous seas of human beings who refuse to understand that the tip of the iceberg is certainly not as dangerous as the sub-hidden strata, locked into Ahrimanic and demonic clutches that already lock out vast strata and use of the soul.

        How many, many times have I, on this list railed against an education that infects the child from the outset with horrific and failed insights and suffocates the soul in numb materialism.  I have brought it up a dozen, dozen times.  From 1st grade and earlier to university degree our children might as well have been put in the cellar with the daughter of the Austrian father who was just arrested at a full life cycle of 73 years old.  No, I speak not of the tintillation, but of the image arising in the news and the image of actually promoting our own children to be raped and denied the light, denied the light of day, the light of the Christ and that we, as parents and guardians, well we just let this rape and imprisionment happen.  Hell we openly now let torture happen without blinking an eye.   Steiner saw more of this coming and more cowards just like us growing up unable to press back the horrific Ahrimanic sucking of all life down into a basement hole.

        A 73-year-old man has been arrested in Vienna, Austria after his 42 year-old daughter told police that he kept her locked in a cellar room, repeatedly raped her, and fathered her children.

        The woman told police her father started abusing her when she was 11. Her father kept her locked in a cellar room since August 28, 1984. In the next 24 years, she was continually abused and gave birth to 7 of her father's children, though one died.

        Police have assured the woman that her remaining 3 girls and 3 boys, ranging in age between 5 and 20, will be taken care of. The father has not confessed, but DNA tests will determine his paternity of the children.

        Oh and then Tarjei, our neighbor understands as I understand that certain forces who hate Waldorf Education, Tarjei calls them hole dwellers.  But I had rich arguments about the fact of the Etheric Life Tableau as a fact of spiritual training and actual life experience against the rage that the critics of Steiner imagine and trumphet that there is no spiritual world.

        Tarjei has always to be given credit for having been and remaining a long term warrior to stand up for Michael...and I pull just one little note out of the vast collection of insights that Tarjei has put in the time to resist the various critics that wish to suck the light right out of an orange.

        http://uncletaz.com/at/janfeb04/tablarosa.html