Re: Rudi the Nighthawk

  • carol
    Message 1 of 15 , May 1 9:50 AM

      "...and having Ita Wegmann setting some broken thumb bones."

      Now there's a retrospective image that enlivens Rocky.

      However, I do believe that caution should be reckoned with where and when 'densification' of the comic spirit of Rocky is at risk showing itself. c.

      PS. I'm sorry if I offended you- though through all this, it IS quite refreshing to see 'Tom' pick himself up and act on the spur of the moment- but, but, but,,,

      (Good Morning Tom!)

      ...and yes, your retrospective image DOES show a certain amount of innoncent compassion for the 'guy' and his surrounding 'companions'. (still quite cute!)

      Rocky!?

      Which, where and who's who's, Rocky.

      I guess this also depends on the individual and circumstances as well.

      c.

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13" <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carol" organicethics@ wrote:
      > >---------------------
      > > Tom: "Hi Steve, Enlighten up!
      > >
      > > ....Also, check out my new corner on Michael Eggert's Egoisten Blog
      > > http://www.egoisten.de/
      > > Caption may be: "Anthroposophy Goes Hollywood with Tom!"
      > > ------------------
      > > Oh my Tom, you seem to like to play around!! (?)
      > >
      > > In reflecting on this example of your 'life's work', I must say that I
      > > can't seem to grasp with any kind of certainty - how very much
      > > 'Anthroposophy' (as a soul moving, and content forming human/spiritual
      > > force) would survive 'packaged' within a Craker Jack, comic strip
      > > format .
      > >
      > > Seems to me that more than anything, this format succeeds in DRAGING
      > > Anthroposophy 'into the bedroom'. Don't know how much 'living force' is
      > > left, in the aftermath- I guess it depends on the individual, 'oui,
      > > non?'.c.
      > > ------------------------
      > > (supporting note taken from B Riley: "We are, whether we like it or not,
      > > Michael students and the effects of Michael and Ahriman battles rage
      > > round us and examples to the dumb and foolish are everywhere if we learn
      > > to uphold the thin line that Steiner always painted between tragedy,
      > > comedy and the Christ Event humanity are called to follow.")
      > ========================
      >
      > Hi Carol,
      >
      > Let me reinforce what Bradford said from a different angle:
      >
      > I am abysmally dead serious about my Tomfoolery. That's why I do it.
      > That's how I do it. That is my destiny.
      >
      > For further details, contemplate Rocky the L-M-N-tal Spirit of Cosmic
      > Humor in the Great Sculpture Group and why Rocky is above and beyond
      > the fray with Lucifer and Ahriman.
      >
      > HINT: Rocky is as far beyond Lucifer and Ahriman as Freddie Nietzsche
      > was beyond Good AND Evil.
      >
      > For further details, contemplate why Judith von Halle has such a deep
      > and abiding connection with Edith Maryon, without whose guidance,
      > expertise and artistry Rudolf Steiner would still be picking wooden
      > splinters out of his fingers and having Ita Wegmann setting some
      > broken thumb bones.
      >
      > Tom

    • Stephen Hale
      Message 2 of 15 , May 3 12:12 PM
        wrote:

        > Hi Steve,
        >
        > Enlighten up! Check out the new version of Hopper's Diner done by
        the
        > German Steiner Blogosphere folks at "Terra Canaillo" This time,
        even
        > I'm in the diner.
        > http://canaillo.blogspot.com/
        >
        > I'm wearing the sweatshirt that says "Murat Tchundyk is My New
        Guru"
        > because I declared my allegiance to Murat this morning on the
        > Uribistani Daily Blog.
        > (Murat is the Borat of Anthroposophy! Murat is the bearded figure
        on
        > the far right in Hopper's new improved painting.)
        > http://uribi.blogspot.com/
        >
        > It's clear the best aura is possessed by Rudolf Steiner, even
        though
        > there's a naked lady on a table now.
        >
        > Also, check out my new corner on Michael Eggert's Egoisten Blog
        > http://www.egoisten.de/
        > Caption may be: "Anthroposophy Goes Hollywood with Tom!"
        >
        > Tom

        I like the contrast between Hopper's dark and lonely self-isolation
        between people as an experience in the direct aftermath of Pearl
        Harbor, and its garish upgrade in our post-modern times. To have
        placed Steiner in the original would have been a glorious stroke of
        insight; the work of an artistic genius. Steiner's illuminating
        aura would have the power to throw back the gloomy isolation and
        bring forth thoughts of the reappearance of the Christ. These
        people, of course, have no idea that this reality was there, in
        their midst, at this very time, c.1942. All they can ponder is the
        evil of the event as an act of war. So, I pictured Steiner
        spiritually there, between them, shining his light. He was there.
        Hopper just didn't paint him into the picture.

        Steve
      • Stephen Hale
        Message 3 of 15 , May 3 6:29 PM
          wrote:
          > Hi Carol,
          >
          > Let me reinforce what Bradford said from a different angle:
          >
          > I am abysmally dead serious about my Tomfoolery. That's why I do it.
          > That's how I do it. That is my destiny.
          >
          > For further details, contemplate Rocky the L-M-N-tal Spirit of Cosmic
          > Humor in the Great Sculpture Group and why Rocky is above and beyond
          > the fray with Lucifer and Ahriman.
          >
          > HINT: Rocky is as far beyond Lucifer and Ahriman as Freddie Nietzsche
          > was beyond Good AND Evil.
          >
          > For further details, contemplate why Judith von Halle has such a deep
          > and abiding connection with Edith Maryon, without whose guidance,
          > expertise and artistry Rudolf Steiner would still be picking wooden
          > splinters out of his fingers and having Ita Wegmann setting some
          > broken thumb bones.
          >
          > Tom

          Maybe, someday, people will make this connection between Judith and
          Edith. We need a concrete example of the Saturn Oracle. Rudi more than
          implied that the folks most close to his movement would be reincarnating
          before the close of the 20th century; including himself. If one can
          handle the idea that we are all traveling now on a reverse loop, which
          juxtaposes the past into the present, and further imposes the Saturn
          Oracle of the CC of 1923 into the mix, it makes for some pretty
          interesting parallels.

          Lazarus rested in Abraham's bosom for four days until the Christ came.
          It is all told in the Gospel of Luke, chapter 16. So, for those
          designated for quick reincarnation according to the Saturn Oracle of
          Rudolf Steiner, what does it mean? Do we rest in Abraham's bosom until
          we return, or does Michael now take on this task? Moses used to hold
          the Book of Transgressions while Lucifer was still Lord of Karma; then
          the Christ came as the new Lord of Karma, and took this book over. In
          the same sense, I can see initiates resting in Michael's bosom until it
          is time for their return to earth life.

          I see Judith von Halle as one of these. And it would only serve our
          purpose if it was proclaimed as such by those who should most be
          interested in furthering the cause of such a thing as a Saturn Oracle as
          Rudolf Steiner's final act. Why does this get no attention unless I
          bring it up? People know who they are, and why they came this way,
          including Judith of Halle. She knows the score.