In the Morning of Thought: Steiner's CS and the Search for Personal Freedom

  • wfische@boisestate.edu
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2001
      Hello everyone,

      I've finally managed to get zipped version of my thesis project
      written a few years ago about Steiner's Calendar of the Soul.

      It is called In the Morning of Thought: Rudolf Steiner's Calendar of
      the Soul and the Search for Personal Freedom.

      Since Easter is nearing I thought it would be nice to have it
      available to you all.

      It is not an excellent work, but it is an attempt to learn how to
      meditate with it and learn what Steiner is all about, so I hope a few
      people out there can gain a bit from it.

      This is the first version, so there are typos and my awareness has
      changed a bit over the years so I am more accepting of some of
      the "foreign" thoughts that I initially encountered through Steiner.

      I would love to receive some positive and yes even negative feedback
      from readers to help me make the next edition. Plus, it needs more
      filling out so I would appreciate perspective from others.

      You can download the work in parts from the Files location at:
      http//groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy. You will need winzip to
      unzip the files and the document is in Publisher, so you will need
      that to view it too. Sorry if that is a problem for some of you,
      that is the best I can do at the moment.

      Please e-mail me if you need help getting the files.

      Best regards to all,

      Wayne Fischer
    • eurythmy
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9, 2001
        2001/04/09
        Sounds very interestring. I downloaded it easily it seemed and try with
        Publisher from Premium 2000 witout succes. Message is Sorry I could not open
        the file.
        Is there a possibility for you to save it in words or at the worst acrobate
        readme?

        Best wishes
        Franky----- Original Message -----
        > I've finally managed to get zipped version of my thesis project
        > written a few years ago about Steiner's Calendar of the Soul.
        >
        > It is called In the Morning of Thought: Rudolf Steiner's Calendar of
        > the Soul and the Search for Personal Freedom.
        >
        > Since Easter is nearing I thought it would be nice to have it
        > available to you all.
        >
        > It is not an excellent work, but it is an attempt to learn how to
        > meditate with it and learn what Steiner is all about, so I hope a few
        > people out there can gain a bit from it.
        >
        > This is the first version, so there are typos and my awareness has
        > changed a bit over the years so I am more accepting of some of
        > the "foreign" thoughts that I initially encountered through Steiner.
        >
        > I would love to receive some positive and yes even negative feedback
        > from readers to help me make the next edition. Plus, it needs more
        > filling out so I would appreciate perspective from others.
        >
        > You can download the work in parts from the Files location at:
        > http//groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy. You will need winzip to
        > unzip the files and the document is in Publisher, so you will need
        > that to view it too. Sorry if that is a problem for some of you,
        > that is the best I can do at the moment.
        >
        > Please e-mail me if you need help getting the files.
        >
        > Best regards to all,
        >
        > Wayne Fischer
        >

        > http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
        > Unsubscribe:

      • Wayne FISCHER
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 9, 2001
          Thanks. Before working on it, did you unzip the file? It is zipped with WinZip and needs to be unzipped with it first, and then it will automatically be in Publisher 2000 format. If that doesn't work, I'll try to put it in another form, but it will be kinda tricky.

          Best regards,

          Wayne Fischer

          >>> eurythmy@... 04/09/01 04:31PM >>>
          2001/04/09
          Sounds very interestring. I downloaded it easily it seemed and try with
          Publisher from Premium 2000 witout succes. Message is Sorry I could not open
          the file.
          Is there a possibility for you to save it in words or at the worst acrobate
          readme?

          Best wishes
          Franky----- Original Message -----
          > I've finally managed to get zipped version of my thesis project
          > written a few years ago about Steiner's Calendar of the Soul.
          >
          > It is called In the Morning of Thought: Rudolf Steiner's Calendar of
          > the Soul and the Search for Personal Freedom.
          >
          > Since Easter is nearing I thought it would be nice to have it
          > available to you all.
          >
          > It is not an excellent work, but it is an attempt to learn how to
          > meditate with it and learn what Steiner is all about, so I hope a few
          > people out there can gain a bit from it.
          >
          > This is the first version, so there are typos and my awareness has
          > changed a bit over the years so I am more accepting of some of
          > the foreign thoughts that I initially encountered through Steiner.
          >
          > I would love to receive some positive and yes even negative feedback
          > from readers to help me make the next edition. Plus, it needs more
          > filling out so I would appreciate perspective from others.
          >
          > You can download the work in parts from the Files location at:
          > http//groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy. You will need winzip to
          > unzip the files and the document is in Publisher, so you will need
          > that to view it too. Sorry if that is a problem for some of you,
          > that is the best I can do at the moment.
          >
          > Please e-mail me if you need help getting the files.
          >
          > Best regards to all,
          >
          > Wayne Fischer
          >

          >http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
          > Unsubscribe:

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          >>Enter Business Search Term above

        • eurythmy
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 17, 2001
            Tuesday, 17 April 2001
            Dear Wayne,

            I just finished to read [all too quickly] your work "in the Morning of
            Thought" on the Calendar of the Soul. I find it very interesting and
            original. I quite appreciated its composition and the way you describe the
            journey of your first meetings with it.
            I had been already struck with the relation of the different quarters of the
            year and the sentences "I Am", "It Thinks", "She Feels" and "He Wills"; and
            I appreciated much your description of it: both in the Calendar and in the
            way you personally used it.
            I hope many people on the list will read it as it the Calendar could become
            a fruitful theme of exchanges.
            Franky
          • Wayne FISCHER
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 17, 2001
              Thank you Franky for your kind words. I'm glad someone in the world besides me has read the work and I hope it will inspire others to slow down and live a meditative life.

              Wayne Fischer
            • eurythmy
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 24, 2001
                Dear Wayne,
                Why don't you post some excerpts relevant to the current week?
                It might help you getting answer and further you excellent work.
                So many aspect of your work are original and already fruitful.
                Franky

                > I've finally managed to get zipped version of my thesis project
                > written a few years ago about Steiner's Calendar of the Soul.
                >
                > It is called In the Morning of Thought: Rudolf Steiner's Calendar of
                > the Soul and the Search for Personal Freedom.
                >
                > Since Easter is nearing I thought it would be nice to have it
                > available to you all.
                >
                > It is not an excellent work, but it is an attempt to learn how to
                > meditate with it and learn what Steiner is all about, so I hope a few
                > people out there can gain a bit from it.
                >
                > This is the first version, so there are typos and my awareness has
                > changed a bit over the years so I am more accepting of some of
                > the "foreign" thoughts that I initially encountered through Steiner.
                >
                > I would love to receive some positive and yes even negative feedback
                > from readers to help me make the next edition. Plus, it needs more
                > filling out so I would appreciate perspective from others.
                >
                > You can download the work in parts from the Files location at:
                > http//groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy. You will need WinZip to
                > unzip the files and the document is in Publisher, so you will need
                > that to view it too. Sorry if that is a problem for some of you,
                > that is the best I can do at the moment.
                >
                > Please e-mail me if you need help getting the files.
                >
                > Best regards to all,
                >
                > Wayne Fischer
                >

                > http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
                > Unsubscribe:

              • Wayne FISCHER
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 24, 2001
                  Dear Franky,

                  Thank you for the kind words. I'd like to do that but the problem is that I'm an extremely busy person at the moment, so most of my time is spent just getting by. The one thing that has been helpful to me has been the awareness of how the Calendar is split up into various sections based on the voice of the narrator, so I'll try to post that sometime soon. Thank you for all the effort you have been putting into with the choreography material. I've been printing it and gathering it together in one spot so that I can get to it one of these days. Best regards,

                  Wayne Fischer

                  >>> eurythmy@... 04/24/01 06:11PM >>>
                  Dear Wayne,
                  Why don't you post some excerpts relevant to the current week?
                  It might help you getting answer and further you excellent work.
                  So many aspect of your work are original and already fruitful.
                  Franky

                  > I've finally managed to get zipped version of my thesis project
                  > written a few years ago about Steiner's Calendar of the Soul.
                  >
                  > It is called In the Morning of Thought: Rudolf Steiner's Calendar of
                  > the Soul and the Search for Personal Freedom.
                  >
                  > Since Easter is nearing I thought it would be nice to have it
                  > available to you all.
                  >
                  > It is not an excellent work, but it is an attempt to learn how to
                  > meditate with it and learn what Steiner is all about, so I hope a few
                  > people out there can gain a bit from it.
                  >
                  > This is the first version, so there are typos and my awareness has
                  > changed a bit over the years so I am more accepting of some of
                  > the foreign thoughts that I initially encountered through Steiner.
                  >
                  > I would love to receive some positive and yes even negative feedback
                  > from readers to help me make the next edition. Plus, it needs more
                  > filling out so I would appreciate perspective from others.
                  >
                  > You can download the work in parts from the Files location at:
                  > http//groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy. You will need WinZip to
                  > unzip the files and the document is in Publisher, so you will need
                  > that to view it too. Sorry if that is a problem for some of you,
                  > that is the best I can do at the moment.
                  >
                  > Please e-mail me if you need help getting the files.
                  >
                  > Best regards to all,
                  >
                  > Wayne Fischer
                  >

                  >http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
                  > Unsubscribe:

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                  A server that saves time.

                • Wayne FISCHER

                    > I've finally managed to get zipped version of my thesis project
                    > written a few years ago about Steiner's Calendar of the Soul.
                    >
                    > It is called In the Morning of Thought: Rudolf Steiner's Calendar of
                    > the Soul and the Search for Personal Freedom.
                    >
                    > Since Easter is nearing I thought it would be nice to have it
                    > available to you all.
                    >
                    > It is not an excellent work, but it is an attempt to learn how to
                    > meditate with it and learn what Steiner is all about, so I hope a few
                    > people out there can gain a bit from it.
                    >
                    > This is the first version, so there are typos and my awareness has
                    > changed a bit over the years so I am more accepting of some of
                    > the foreign thoughts that I initially encountered through Steiner.
                    >
                    > I would love to receive some positive and yes even negative feedback
                    > from readers to help me make the next edition. Plus, it needs more
                    > filling out so I would appreciate perspective from others.
                    >
                    > You can download the work in parts from the Files location at:
                    > http//groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy. You will need WinZip to
                    > unzip the files and the document is in Publisher, so you will need
                    > that to view it too. Sorry if that is a problem for some of you,
                    > that is the best I can do at the moment.
                    >
                    > Please e-mail me if you need help getting the files.
                    >
                    > Best regards to all,
                    >
                    > Wayne Fischer
                    >

                    >http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
                    > Unsubscribe: