Soul-calendar, Week 44

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2001
      Here's the 44th week of the "Soul-Calendar", made up of 52 meditative
      mantras used to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within one
      and in Nature in the course of the year, 12 images of the zodiac to be
      meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the
      day and the Moon's position in those constellations for each night, used for
      sensing the lunar forces---along with a list of saints and other spiritual
      figures & events for specific days of the week.

      First, the mantra in the original German and in English:

      * M A N T R A # 4 4 *
      Ergriefend neue Sinnesreize
      Erfühlet Seelenklarheit,
      Eingedenk vollzogener Geistgeburt,
      Verwirren sprossend Weltenwerden
      Mit meines Denkens Schöpferwillen.

      Grasping new sense-arisings
      Fulfills Soul-Clarity,
      Mindful of acheived Spirit-Birth,
      Entangling sprouting World-Becoming
      With my Thinking’s Shaping-Will.

      The anthroposophic path uses mantras to instill Inspiration ("spiritual
      hearing"). The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not
      important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into
      its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language
      and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step
      to using the original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can
      easily go from English to German.

      This week's mantram:

      Last week we experienced the human Spirit growing, giving to the mere
      appearance of the world a reality of its existence in the change back to
      'Nature-Consciousness' from the 'Self-Consciousness' of winter. This week,
      the stirrings of Nature coming back from its Winter-sleep fill the soul's
      clarity which the birth of the Spirit acheived at Christmas made, and we seek
      to connect our conscious willing to the willing of Nature as Spring's
      resurrection begins.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Aquarius
      from Feb. 9th to March 8th. The symbolic image of the 'Waterman' done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications accompanies this post as an attachment. The
      Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
      with the birth & death days of some of the spiritual figures & events
      published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: these are fruitful material for
      contemplation on those days. I’m in the process of translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
      connections.

      Sunday Feb. 18th. Moon Sagittarius. 1546 Luther died. 1564 Galilei born.
      1564
      Michelangelo died. 1745 Volta born.
      Monday Feb. 19th. Moon Sagittarius. 1473 Copernicus born. 1700 Acceptance
      of the
      Gregorian Calendar by the Protestants.
      Tuesday Feb. 20th. Moon Capricornus. 1694 Voltaire born.

      Wednesday Feb. 21st Moon Capricornus. 1677 Spinoza died.
      Thursday Feb. 22nd Moon Aquarius. Papias (Disciple of the Apostles, died as
      a martyr
      116 A.D.) 1788 Schopenhauer born.

      Friday Feb. 23rd Moon Aquarius. New Moon. Lazarus (the poor man in the
      Gospel).
      Lazarus (who as described in John’s Gospel by Christ was awakened).
      1855
      Mathematician Gauss died. 1842 Eduard von Hartmann born.
      Saturday Feb. 24th Moon Aquarius. Matthias (the Apostle who was chosen in
      Judas’
      place). 1468 Gutenberg died.

      *******Dr. Starman