Re: RS re Providence

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 6, 2008
      Jean-Marc wrote:

      >>As far as the Anthros are concerned, I
      believe their "despair" (if any!) is and will
      be utterly legitimate and equitable --- as long
      as, individually and collectively, they cannot
      - in all conscience! - call the gods to witness
      that *they did what they had to do*...to the
      full extent of their capacities.

      >>For instance, Rudolf Steiner clearly said
      that the Second Coming of Christ was --- *the
      greatest event!* --- of the 20th century. To
      your knowledge, did myriads of Anthroposophists
      collectively manage to attain a clear, coherent
      and consensual, understanding of this capital
      spiritual event, in the course of the last 80
      years or so? If not --- how were they supposed
      to enlighten Mankind about this event?...<<

      Robert writes:

      To my knowledge? -- I suppose that I don't have
      much "knowledge" of what "myriads" of Anthros
      have or haven't understood. I have had little
      experience of Anthros; almost all of that has
      been here in English cyberspace. Most of the
      myriads, I suppose, aren't "here". I would
      guess that most of the myriads have at least
      read Steiner's proclamation of the 2nd Coming,
      but haven't experienced it directly, the way he
      described (as I have not).

      As for failure to do all that we could do for
      Anthroposphy: I accept that one might rightly
      feel sadness, even some guilt, about one's own
      failure to do everything "to the full extent of
      one's capacities" (as I do), but if such
      consciousness of failure develops into despair
      -- then it can be crippling in itself. Failure
      leads to despair, which leads to more failure,
      which leads to more despair . . . a downward
      spiral, which helps nobody.

      But I was speaking not so much of despair over
      personal failures as despair over the failures
      of the larger Anthro Movement and over the
      course of world events. My "thought" was a
      hint that such despair is never justified; it
      is a feeling that might follow only from a
      misapprehension of the basic facts of Reality.

      Anyway, despair is crippling; it doesn't help
      oneself; it helps nothing and no-one. Steiner
      said: "[the student] says to himself: 'I will
      summon all my strength to do my work as well as
      I possibly can.' And he suppresses the thought
      which makes him faint-hearted; for he knows
      that this very thought might be the cause of a
      worse performance on his part, and that in any
      case it cannot contribute to the improvement of
      his work. And thus thought after thought, each
      fraught with advantage to his whole life, flows
      into the student's outlook. They take the place
      of those that had a hampering, weakening
      effect. He begins to steer his own ship on a
      secure course through the waves of life,
      whereas it was formerly battered to and fro by
      these waves."

      The voice of experience (about despair, I
      mean),

      Robert M

    • Robert Mason
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 6, 2008
        "carynlouise24" wrote:

        >>Anthroposophy will prevail. And this it
        will!<<

        Robert agrees:

        In the long, long run -- even if not on this
        planet.

      • Robert Mason
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 6, 2008
          Carol wrote:

          >>. . . . RS would have been forced (because of
          the newness of the consiousness soul epoch) to
          present anthroposophy in a formula which still
          contained 'fragments' belonging to the 4th
          cultural epoch . . . .<<

          Robert writes:

          In his primary teaching RS always took pains to
          appeal only to the Consciousness Soul, only to
          the student's reason and sense of truth, always
          respecting the student's freedom, never
          applying any psychic force -- the kind of
          authoritative force that was appropriate for
          the Intellectual Soul. But he also gave much
          that is beneficial even for those who are not
          quite ready for the Consciousness Soul: for
          example, the dramas, medicine, BD agriculture,
          certainly education, even the Christian
          Community rituals, and so on.

          RM

        • carynlouise24
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 7, 2008
            Yes correct and Dr. Steiner said every Word of God will be restored
            to the last dot. What the Saints have achieved and what we have
            learnt up to day is the preliminary learning of the secrets of the
            Cosmos. Our next stage(s) of development and advancement in the
            sphere of Jupiter, Venus and Vulcan will be further Cosmic education
            namely the development of our Spirit-Self, Spirit-Life and Spirit-Man.

            We also must remember we are in the process of creating a new Zodiac
            Constellation. We can see how the creation of The New Sun is the
            centre of our new Zodiac Constellation : The Hierarchies of Love and
            Freedom.

            This is exciting and I wonder what the new names for the
            Constellations will be-

            Carol – the Dynamic
            Steve – the Sage
            Bradford – the Master
            Nina – the Wisdom
            Caryn – the Sucker
            Robert – the Dude
            Jean-Marc – the Awesome
            Val – the Dudess

            :) not meaning to leave any name out! Ah but of course with deep
            respects to the Saints - the Zodiac will be named after them; The
            Twelve Children of Israel, The Twelve Sons of Joseph; The Twelve
            Disciples; The Twelve Knights of the Round Table. These are our
            Heroes and Heroines.

            We can see how as the Luciferic Beings redeemed themselves - so too
            the Ahrimen Beings will have to redeem themselves. Every living
            creation has a magnetic pull to be closer to God, whether they
            realize it or not and the sooner they realize the better for
            themselves and their development. Who knows maybe someday the
            Ahrimen Beings will eventually create their own sun and zodiac
            constellation. 26,000 years is ample time for this preparation.

            Love.

            --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mason
            <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

            > "carynlouise24" wrote:
            >
            > >>Anthroposophy will prevail. And this it
            > will!<<
            >
            > Robert agrees:
            >
            > In the long, long run -- even if not on this
            > planet.

            ______________
            Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

          • Nina
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 7, 2008
              --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise24"
              > Yes correct and Dr. Steiner said every Word of God will be restored
              > to the last dot. What the Saints have achieved and what we have
              > learnt up to day is the preliminary learning of the secrets of the
              > Cosmos. Our next stage(s) of development and advancement in the
              > sphere of Jupiter, Venus and Vulcan will be further Cosmic education
              > namely the development of our Spirit-Self, Spirit-Life and Spirit-Man.
              > We also must remember we are in the process of creating a new Zodiac
              > Constellation. We can see how the creation of The New Sun is the
              > centre of our new Zodiac Constellation : The Hierarchies of Love
              and Freedom.
              > This is exciting and I wonder what the new names for the
              > Constellations will be-
              > Carol – the Dynamic
              > Steve – the Sage
              > Bradford – the Master
              > Nina – the Wisdom
              > Caryn – the Sucker
              > Robert – the Dude
              > Jean-Marc – the Awesome
              > Val – the Dudess

              Dear Caryn,
              You are the "Sucker"...first I didn't like classic definition
              (One who is easily deceived,a gullible person;dupe). Anthro rescue
              readily arrived! See it is a perfect description for you! Maybe we
              should spread the Word, "A sucker is NOT a dupe!" NINA
              "Let us think of this outer inherent reality as the Father from which
              the Creative Word, the Son (Jn 1,1-3) went forth. 24 Later in John's
              Gospel Christ speaks of having come from the Father and returning to
              the Father and drawing all persons to himself (Jn 12,32). In this, he
              is becoming and acting as this outer inherent reality. And we must
              then further think of this outer inherent reality as an awesome force
              of suction (negative space) that pulls the universe outward toward it.
              Within the universe it is represented by the stars such as our Sun.
              We've already seen how the suction of the stars in the universe tends
              to balance out matter (including the black holes).25 In other words,
              in the creative process, the creation of light involved suction..."
              From Smith, "David's Question", online ch What is Man,p.5(actual text
              p.429)
              http://www.bibleandanthroposophy.com/Smith/main/smith1.html
            • Stephen Hale
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 7, 2008

                --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise24" <carynlouise24@...> wrote:

                "We can see how as the Luciferic Beings redeemed themselves - so too the Ahrimen Beings will have to redeem themselves. Every living creation has a magnetic pull to be closer to God, whether they realize it or not and the sooner they realize the better for themselves and their development. Who knows maybe someday the Ahrimen Beings will eventually create their own sun and zodiac constellation. 26,000 years is ample time for this preparation."

                Love.

                Lucifer is the closest of the unholy trinity of spiritual beings to be redeemed.  The goal of anthroposophy is to redeem Lucifer as the Holy Spirit, and this stands to occur in direct relation to the taking in of the content of spiritual-scientific knowledge, which constitutes the progressive redemption of the now divided Human Astral Body.  Thus, Lucifer's redemption coincides with our own.  When the slumbering soul-spiritual organs are awakened and made active again through the power inherent in the turning of the intellect toward the greater substance of consciousness, then the desires of the spirit take rulership over the lower self.  This is occurring more and more through the science of the spirit, and represents its true mission.

                The Human Etheric Body requires redemption through a somewhat different, but related process, for herein is where Ahriman rules with a heavy-laden hand in the affairs of present-day materialism and cold-abstract thinking on a linear and superficial level.  Each degree in which the etheric body has contracted into the physical body, which reached maximum contraction in the 15th century, is also a degree of loss of causality in favor of effective representation alone.  That is why we generally don't know causes but only their effects.  It is because we have been "first cause removed" in this declination of the etheric body, and its impregnation into the physical.  The Renaissance and Enlightenment are indicative of this, and the developing scientific materialism represents an Aristotelianism that is far removed from what Aristotle first brought forth as The Philosopher.   So something more than Anthroposophy alone is required for redeeming this contracted etheric body; an entirely different emphasis is need.  And it is one that acknowledges Ahriman's great power and controlling influence in the world today.  This something more constitutes the second aspect of Spiritual Science, which we call: Psychosophy, and exists to redeem Ahriman in the same way that Anthroposophy exists to redeem Lucifer; through etheric regeneration to go along with the astral restoration unto its original twelve-foldness.

                Michael has given us something very important for effectuating this etheric regeneration, and it has magnetic power.  But it is our task to grow it through means about to be explained.

                Steve

              • Stephen Hale
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 7, 2008

                  "Michael has given us something very important for effectuating this
                  etheric regeneration, and it has magnetic power. But it is our task to
                  grow it through means about to be explained."

                  It is very interesting that this morning I brought something forth about
                  Michael and the Psychosophy that He stands behind, and then we get to
                  here about someone named, John Stirling Walker, who espouses a
                  psychosophy with ties to Sun-Yung Moon and Lafayette Hubbard.
                  Astounding indeed, and negatory to the profound. It leaves me stifled,
                  in fact; unable at the moment to go on with this discourse. I believe
                  though, that it is a good example of the occult movement that is working
                  right now against anthroposophy. And for that, I am glad it was
                  written, and cross-posted here.

                  Steve
                • carynlouise24
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 8, 2008
                    Seeing Tom's here - his title can be:

                    Tom - the many colours of the rainbow!

                    Nina :) well really what came to mind in Sucker was a 'Fool for
                    Christ' :)

                    Steve, I wouldn't hassle about this; in fact we should feel sorry for
                    them because they have to -at the end of the day- live with
                    themselves. This is why we understand truth in spiritual science
                    working towards anthroposophy is so important because the other
                    option of illusion is basically a waste and loss of time.

                    Thanks for your knowledge.

                    --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale"