Re: The Writing of the Heart

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2008
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "brunnenvchr" <brunnenvchr@..
      > We are pleased to announce that the first book of the Brunnen von
      > Christus Group is now fully available online. There are 12
      contributors. "The Writing of the Heart: On the Path of Imagination,
      Inspiration and Intuition" can be read at -- http://brunnenvchr.org/
      > Martha Keltz
      > For the Brunnen von Christus Group

      Dear Martha and Brunnen von Christus Group,
      Thanks so much for your online book to read. Find it especially
      valuable to hear firsthand experiences. Also, I was happy to see the
      following given about Cayce and will look forward to anything further
      you write, about him, or any topic, in the future. NINA

      A Monk's Heart may have significant elements of literal truth. The
      narrator has memory of a great Christian teacher, the material
      deprivations of a monk's life with subsequent rich spiritual treasures
      gained, yet above all there is in this memory the Presence of Christ.
      It may be possible to remember, through Grace, when or how a
      relationship with Christ was established in a past life. As will be
      noted in the section on the Akasha Record, only Christ, as Lord of
      Karma, can reveal a past life. Christ then is the Intuitive source of
      true past life memory, or the "I AM," especially insofar as it has
      accumulated the immortal elements to itself, Manas, Buddhi and Atma,
      or Spirit Self, Life Spirit and Spirit Man. The Holy of Holies
      contains all that has been accumulated for the immortal "I AM."

      This is likely why there was so much accuracy in Edgar Cayce's past
      life readings, his deep Faith in Christ, the Presence of Christ in his
      work. Yet he differs from Rudolf Steiner in that he describes human
      beings from the time of Atlantis as having distinct personalities,
      with the Ego fully in evidence, the consciousness the same as in our
      day. However, to give full and fair treatment to the differences
      between Rudolf Steiner and Edgar Cayce on past lives - including the
      possible spiritual reasons, regarding those to whom Cayce directs his
      teachings - that would require another book.
    • carynlouise24
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
        Edgar Cayce is a mystery! I am thinking that he read the Memories in
        the Akaskic - but for now these notes are interesting on Atlantis and
        our fifth post-Atlantean age:

        'The Book of Revelation' Lecture 12
        We can therefore say: In old Atlantis the spirit was seen physically.
        After Atlantis came the post-Atlantean period with its seven ages; and
        the recapitulation of what had happened in Atlantis, the
        recapitulation of what had happened physically in Atlantis, took place
        at the soul level in the fourth post-Atlantean age. The mighty
        upheavals I spoke about, the years AD 333 and 666, which are upheavals
        at the soul level in human evolution, these correspond to physical
        upheavals in old Atlantis. When they saw the revelations in the
        fluid-airy element, the seers of the Greco-Latin age felt that they
        were seeing in their soul something like a recapitulation of earlier
        conditions of earth that had once taken place in the physical realm.
        They were aware of this, although somewhat dimly, as befitted the
        consciousness of that time.

        Occult Science pg301
        Even as we can trace the great sequences of cosmic evolution from
        Saturn to Vulcan, so too we can the shorter periods – the periods,
        for example, of Earth evolution proper. Since the tremendous
        upheaval that brought the life of old Atlantis to an end, there have
        been the successive stages in man's development described in this
        book as the ancient Indian, the ancient Persian, the Egypto-Chaldean
        and the Graeco-Latin epochs.

        The fifth is the present – the epoch man is going through today. In
        preparation ever since the fourth or fifth century A.D., it began
        gradually about the twelfth, thirteenth and fourteenth centuries, to
        emerge fully in the fifteenth. The preceding epoch – the Graeco-
        Latin – began about the eighth century B.C., the Christ-Event taking
        place when the first third of it was over. With the transition from
        the Egypto-Chaldean into the Graeco-Latin epoch, the whole mode and
        disposition of man's soul and all his faculties had undergone an
        essential change.

        The kind of logical thinking and intellectual comprehension of the
        world with which we are now familiar did not exist in Egypto-Chaldean
        times. Knowledge, which man to-day acquires by the deliberate
        exercise of his intelligence, he then received directly; it was given
        to him as an intuitive and inner – in some respects, supersensible –
        knowledge. Such was the form of cognition proper to that age.

        Man saw the objects around him, and in the very act of looking at
        them, the concept – the picture of them his soul needed – arose of
        its own accord within him. Now when cognition is of this nature,
        pictures not only of the sense-perceptible world make their
        appearance in man's soul, but from the depths of the inner life there
        dawns a knowledge, howsoever limited, of facts and beings
        imperceptible to the outer senses. This was a remnant of the dim and
        pristine supersensible awareness, once the common property of all
        mankind.

        In the Graeco-Latin epoch, an ever growing number of people were born
        in whom such faculties were lacking. Men now began to think about
        things with purely intellectual reflection. They drifted farther and
        farther away from the direct though dreamlike perception of the world
        of soul and spirit.

        Instead, they had to form an intellectual picture of it for
        themselves – intellectual, though aided by the life of feeling.
        Broadly speaking, man may be said to have been in this condition
        throughout the fourth post-Atlantean epoch. Those alone, who – as an
        heirloom from the past – retained the earlier faculties of soul, were
        able still to receive the spiritual world into their consciousness
        directly. But they were the belated remnants of a bygone age; their
        manner of cognition was no longer suited to the time. For by the
        very laws of evolution, an older faculty of soul loses its full
        significance when new faculties develop.

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
          --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise wrote
          > our fifth post-Atlantean age....
          > Occult Science pg301
          > The fifth is the present – the epoch man is going through today. In
          > preparation ever since the fourth or fifth century A.D., it began
          "> gradually about the twelfth, thirteenth and fourteenth centuries,
          to emerge fully in the fifteenth. The preceding epoch – the Graeco-
          > Latin – began about the eighth century B.C., the Christ-Event taking
          > place when the first third of it was over. With the transition from
          > the Egypto-Chaldean into the Graeco-Latin epoch, the whole mode and
          > disposition of man's soul and all his faculties had undergone an
          > essential change.

          Dear Caryn,
          Being relative newcomer, found in "Writing of the Heart", some very
          useful descriptions which assist in defining our present goals!NINA

          http://brunnenvchr.org/inspiration
          "Inspiration is complex and many-sided in source or origin. Also, it
          is very difficult to identify and separate the processes of the Three
          I's, especially Imagination and Inspiration. They interact dynamically
          and constantly. James Gillen, more attuned to Inspiration than to
          Imagination, has defined and described Inspiration thusly:

          "Inspiration is the middle stage of the Three I's, the Three Inns on
          the Way. The opening and closing letters of each of the Three I's are
          "In." These are the Three In's of the Ego becoming progressively able
          to exercise love as a cognitive power. In the pictorial revelation of
          being; In the musical/relational process of being; with-In the Being
          itself (i.e., religious union).

          "Middle stages have a way of stretching in both directions. In the
          direction of our ordinary experience, Inspiration comes in like a
          pointer and sees patterns in pictures, numbers, events, horoscopes -
          as divinatory/oracular moments. The exercise that facilitates the move
          from small i to big I is the active forgetting of an Imagination while
          retaining and respiring the processes and feelings behind the
          Imagination which have been built up in the soul, centered in the
          rhythmic system. These processes then become the fertile bed for the
          Ego to hear (sense as if with musical/relational meaning) something
          that derives neither from our ordinary sense experience nor our
          solipsistic exercising. Rudolf Steiner calls this retention of felt
          process respiration, in the forecourt of the big I, the new yoga.