Re: RS re Providence

  • carynlouise24
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 4, 2008
      Once the thorn in the side; the claws of egotism; the irritating
      sleepers and the centre of what thinks itself to be world control is:

      a. Put in its place
      b. Re-cycled down the toilet
      c. Transformed

      We Anthro's can do what we love the best : study anthroposophy! As
      Bradford once said; we have so much learning ahead of us. This is so
      true – although it is very difficult to concentrate when there are
      irritating mosquitoes buzzing around the world isn't!

      I have this feeling there is a large contingency of Spiritual
      omnipresence taking keen interest in what is happening in the world.
      We know The High Boss of this Spiritual contingency controls both
      good and evil. One earthquake will make a world war look like an ant.

      As Friedrich Rittelmeyer said at the end of his so wonderfully
      written `Rudolf Steiner enters my life' …

      Anthroposophy will prevail. And this it will!

      Love to all the Anthro's.

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mason
      robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

      To All:

      If we are inclined to despair at the way that
      the world is going now, or especially at the
      troubles and failures of the Anthro Movement
      and Society(ies), we might wish to take a
      moment at least to consider how Steiner had
      "faith" in Providence, in the wise and loving
      order that ultimately rules in the world,
      despite appearances. RS did believe, with
      Paul, that all things work together for good ..
      . .

      In one instance he puts it this way, speaking
      to Anthros about Anthroposophical efforts:

      ". . . . that spiritual forces hold sway in the
      world, that they help us, that we may entrust
      ourselves to them. And if sometimes it seems as
      if things are not going well, then we say to
      ourselves that if we are not successful it is
      because the powers behind our activity do not
      intend us to succeed, and not to succeed would
      then be the right thing."
      9*Wonders of the World*; Lecture 1; 18th
      (August, 1911; Munich; GA 129)

      So, sometimes even Anthroposophical failures
      can be the "right thing" for the development of
      world-evolution . . . in much the same way, I
      suppose, as cancer can sometimes be the "right
      thing" for an individual's development. Some
      might express much the same thought by saying
      that sometimes Divine Justice (which is Love's
      Severity) requires that we, mankind, need to be
      "punished" for our "sins".

      But this "punishment", rightly understood, is
      education . . . the hard way.

      I'd still much rather that we learn our lessons
      the easy way.

      Just a thought,

      Robert Mason
    • Robert Mason
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 6, 2008
        Jean-Marc wrote:

        >>As far as the Anthros are concerned, I
        believe their "despair" (if any!) is and will
        be utterly legitimate and equitable --- as long
        as, individually and collectively, they cannot
        - in all conscience! - call the gods to witness
        that *they did what they had to do*...to the
        full extent of their capacities.

        >>For instance, Rudolf Steiner clearly said
        that the Second Coming of Christ was --- *the
        greatest event!* --- of the 20th century. To
        your knowledge, did myriads of Anthroposophists
        collectively manage to attain a clear, coherent
        and consensual, understanding of this capital
        spiritual event, in the course of the last 80
        years or so? If not --- how were they supposed
        to enlighten Mankind about this event?...<<

        Robert writes:

        To my knowledge? -- I suppose that I don't have
        much "knowledge" of what "myriads" of Anthros
        have or haven't understood. I have had little
        experience of Anthros; almost all of that has
        been here in English cyberspace. Most of the
        myriads, I suppose, aren't "here". I would
        guess that most of the myriads have at least
        read Steiner's proclamation of the 2nd Coming,
        but haven't experienced it directly, the way he
        described (as I have not).

        As for failure to do all that we could do for
        Anthroposphy: I accept that one might rightly
        feel sadness, even some guilt, about one's own
        failure to do everything "to the full extent of
        one's capacities" (as I do), but if such
        consciousness of failure develops into despair
        -- then it can be crippling in itself. Failure
        leads to despair, which leads to more failure,
        which leads to more despair . . . a downward
        spiral, which helps nobody.

        But I was speaking not so much of despair over
        personal failures as despair over the failures
        of the larger Anthro Movement and over the
        course of world events. My "thought" was a
        hint that such despair is never justified; it
        is a feeling that might follow only from a
        misapprehension of the basic facts of Reality.

        Anyway, despair is crippling; it doesn't help
        oneself; it helps nothing and no-one. Steiner
        said: "[the student] says to himself: 'I will
        summon all my strength to do my work as well as
        I possibly can.' And he suppresses the thought
        which makes him faint-hearted; for he knows
        that this very thought might be the cause of a
        worse performance on his part, and that in any
        case it cannot contribute to the improvement of
        his work. And thus thought after thought, each
        fraught with advantage to his whole life, flows
        into the student's outlook. They take the place
        of those that had a hampering, weakening
        effect. He begins to steer his own ship on a
        secure course through the waves of life,
        whereas it was formerly battered to and fro by
        these waves."

        The voice of experience (about despair, I
        mean),

        Robert M

      • Robert Mason
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 6, 2008
          "carynlouise24" wrote:

          >>Anthroposophy will prevail. And this it
          will!<<

          Robert agrees:

          In the long, long run -- even if not on this
          planet.

        • Robert Mason
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 6, 2008
            Carol wrote:

            >>. . . . RS would have been forced (because of
            the newness of the consiousness soul epoch) to
            present anthroposophy in a formula which still
            contained 'fragments' belonging to the 4th
            cultural epoch . . . .<<

            Robert writes:

            In his primary teaching RS always took pains to
            appeal only to the Consciousness Soul, only to
            the student's reason and sense of truth, always
            respecting the student's freedom, never
            applying any psychic force -- the kind of
            authoritative force that was appropriate for
            the Intellectual Soul. But he also gave much
            that is beneficial even for those who are not
            quite ready for the Consciousness Soul: for
            example, the dramas, medicine, BD agriculture,
            certainly education, even the Christian
            Community rituals, and so on.

            RM

          • carynlouise24
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 7, 2008
              Yes correct and Dr. Steiner said every Word of God will be restored
              to the last dot. What the Saints have achieved and what we have
              learnt up to day is the preliminary learning of the secrets of the
              Cosmos. Our next stage(s) of development and advancement in the
              sphere of Jupiter, Venus and Vulcan will be further Cosmic education
              namely the development of our Spirit-Self, Spirit-Life and Spirit-Man.

              We also must remember we are in the process of creating a new Zodiac
              Constellation. We can see how the creation of The New Sun is the
              centre of our new Zodiac Constellation : The Hierarchies of Love and
              Freedom.

              This is exciting and I wonder what the new names for the
              Constellations will be-

              Carol – the Dynamic
              Steve – the Sage
              Bradford – the Master
              Nina – the Wisdom
              Caryn – the Sucker
              Robert – the Dude
              Jean-Marc – the Awesome
              Val – the Dudess

              :) not meaning to leave any name out! Ah but of course with deep
              respects to the Saints - the Zodiac will be named after them; The
              Twelve Children of Israel, The Twelve Sons of Joseph; The Twelve
              Disciples; The Twelve Knights of the Round Table. These are our
              Heroes and Heroines.

              We can see how as the Luciferic Beings redeemed themselves - so too
              the Ahrimen Beings will have to redeem themselves. Every living
              creation has a magnetic pull to be closer to God, whether they
              realize it or not and the sooner they realize the better for
              themselves and their development. Who knows maybe someday the
              Ahrimen Beings will eventually create their own sun and zodiac
              constellation. 26,000 years is ample time for this preparation.

              Love.

              <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

              > "carynlouise24" wrote:
              >
              > >>Anthroposophy will prevail. And this it
              > will!<<
              >
              > Robert agrees:
              >
              > In the long, long run -- even if not on this
              > planet.

              ______________
              Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

            • Nina
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 7, 2008
                --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise24"
                > Yes correct and Dr. Steiner said every Word of God will be restored
                > to the last dot. What the Saints have achieved and what we have
                > learnt up to day is the preliminary learning of the secrets of the
                > Cosmos. Our next stage(s) of development and advancement in the
                > sphere of Jupiter, Venus and Vulcan will be further Cosmic education
                > namely the development of our Spirit-Self, Spirit-Life and Spirit-Man.
                > We also must remember we are in the process of creating a new Zodiac
                > Constellation. We can see how the creation of The New Sun is the
                > centre of our new Zodiac Constellation : The Hierarchies of Love
                and Freedom.
                > This is exciting and I wonder what the new names for the
                > Constellations will be-
                > Carol – the Dynamic
                > Steve – the Sage
                > Bradford – the Master
                > Nina – the Wisdom
                > Caryn – the Sucker
                > Robert – the Dude
                > Jean-Marc – the Awesome
                > Val – the Dudess

                Dear Caryn,
                You are the "Sucker"...first I didn't like classic definition
                (One who is easily deceived,a gullible person;dupe). Anthro rescue
                readily arrived! See it is a perfect description for you! Maybe we
                should spread the Word, "A sucker is NOT a dupe!" NINA
                "Let us think of this outer inherent reality as the Father from which
                the Creative Word, the Son (Jn 1,1-3) went forth. 24 Later in John's
                Gospel Christ speaks of having come from the Father and returning to
                the Father and drawing all persons to himself (Jn 12,32). In this, he
                is becoming and acting as this outer inherent reality. And we must
                then further think of this outer inherent reality as an awesome force
                of suction (negative space) that pulls the universe outward toward it.
                Within the universe it is represented by the stars such as our Sun.
                We've already seen how the suction of the stars in the universe tends
                to balance out matter (including the black holes).25 In other words,
                in the creative process, the creation of light involved suction..."
                From Smith, "David's Question", online ch What is Man,p.5(actual text
                p.429)
                http://www.bibleandanthroposophy.com/Smith/main/smith1.html
              • Stephen Hale
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 7, 2008

                  --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise24" <carynlouise24@...> wrote:

                  "We can see how as the Luciferic Beings redeemed themselves - so too the Ahrimen Beings will have to redeem themselves. Every living creation has a magnetic pull to be closer to God, whether they realize it or not and the sooner they realize the better for themselves and their development. Who knows maybe someday the Ahrimen Beings will eventually create their own sun and zodiac constellation. 26,000 years is ample time for this preparation."

                  Love.

                  Lucifer is the closest of the unholy trinity of spiritual beings to be redeemed.  The goal of anthroposophy is to redeem Lucifer as the Holy Spirit, and this stands to occur in direct relation to the taking in of the content of spiritual-scientific knowledge, which constitutes the progressive redemption of the now divided Human Astral Body.  Thus, Lucifer's redemption coincides with our own.  When the slumbering soul-spiritual organs are awakened and made active again through the power inherent in the turning of the intellect toward the greater substance of consciousness, then the desires of the spirit take rulership over the lower self.  This is occurring more and more through the science of the spirit, and represents its true mission.

                  The Human Etheric Body requires redemption through a somewhat different, but related process, for herein is where Ahriman rules with a heavy-laden hand in the affairs of present-day materialism and cold-abstract thinking on a linear and superficial level.  Each degree in which the etheric body has contracted into the physical body, which reached maximum contraction in the 15th century, is also a degree of loss of causality in favor of effective representation alone.  That is why we generally don't know causes but only their effects.  It is because we have been "first cause removed" in this declination of the etheric body, and its impregnation into the physical.  The Renaissance and Enlightenment are indicative of this, and the developing scientific materialism represents an Aristotelianism that is far removed from what Aristotle first brought forth as The Philosopher.   So something more than Anthroposophy alone is required for redeeming this contracted etheric body; an entirely different emphasis is need.  And it is one that acknowledges Ahriman's great power and controlling influence in the world today.  This something more constitutes the second aspect of Spiritual Science, which we call: Psychosophy, and exists to redeem Ahriman in the same way that Anthroposophy exists to redeem Lucifer; through etheric regeneration to go along with the astral restoration unto its original twelve-foldness.

                  Michael has given us something very important for effectuating this etheric regeneration, and it has magnetic power.  But it is our task to grow it through means about to be explained.

                  Steve

                • Stephen Hale
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 7, 2008

                    "Michael has given us something very important for effectuating this
                    etheric regeneration, and it has magnetic power. But it is our task to
                    grow it through means about to be explained."

                    It is very interesting that this morning I brought something forth about
                    Michael and the Psychosophy that He stands behind, and then we get to
                    here about someone named, John Stirling Walker, who espouses a
                    psychosophy with ties to Sun-Yung Moon and Lafayette Hubbard.
                    Astounding indeed, and negatory to the profound. It leaves me stifled,
                    in fact; unable at the moment to go on with this discourse. I believe
                    though, that it is a good example of the occult movement that is working
                    right now against anthroposophy. And for that, I am glad it was
                    written, and cross-posted here.

                    Steve
                  • carynlouise24
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 8, 2008
                      Seeing Tom's here - his title can be:

                      Tom - the many colours of the rainbow!

                      Nina :) well really what came to mind in Sucker was a 'Fool for
                      Christ' :)

                      Steve, I wouldn't hassle about this; in fact we should feel sorry for
                      them because they have to -at the end of the day- live with
                      themselves. This is why we understand truth in spiritual science
                      working towards anthroposophy is so important because the other
                      option of illusion is basically a waste and loss of time.

                      Thanks for your knowledge.

                      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale"