RS re Providence

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 3, 2008
      To All:

      If we are inclined to despair at the way that
      the world is going now, or especially at the
      troubles and failures of the Anthro Movement
      and Society(ies), we might wish to take a
      moment at least to consider how Steiner had
      "faith" in Providence, in the wise and loving
      order that ultimately rules in the world,
      despite appearances. RS did believe, with
      Paul, that all things work together for good ..
      . .

      In one instance he puts it this way, speaking
      to Anthros about Anthroposophical efforts:

      ". . . . that spiritual forces hold sway in the
      world, that they help us, that we may entrust
      ourselves to them. And if sometimes it seems as
      if things are not going well, then we say to
      ourselves that if we are not successful it is
      because the powers behind our activity do not
      intend us to succeed, and not to succeed would
      then be the right thing."
      (*Wonders of the World*; Lecture 1; 18th
      August, 1911; Munich; GA 129)

      So, sometimes even Anthroposophical failures
      can be the "right thing" for the development of
      world-evolution . . . in much the same way, I
      suppose, as cancer can sometimes be the "right
      thing" for an individual's development. Some
      might express much the same thought by saying
      that sometimes Divine Justice (which is Love's
      Severity) requires that we, mankind, need to be
      "punished" for our "sins".

      But this "punishment", rightly understood, is
      education . . . the hard way.

      I'd still much rather that we learn our lessons
      the easy way.

      Just a thought,

      Robert Mason

    • jmn36210
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 3, 2008

        Dear Robert,

        I would wholeheartedly agree --- if you hadn't snipped off the last and
        most important sentence, imo:

        "Thus we do what we have to do without giving a thought to the sort
        of performance which will finally emerge."

        And the expanded passage:

        "Thus, each time we set to work — first the small group of those here in
        Munich who are the forerunners of the larger community which then gathers
        here — we find ourselves filled with spiritual warmth, and, even when to
        begin with everything seems to go very badly, we have faith that our work
        must succeed. And it does succeed to the full extent of our capacities. This
        undertaking proves to us that spiritual forces hold sway in the world, that
        they help us, that we may entrust ourselves to them. And if sometimes it
        seems as if things are not going well, then we say to ourselves that if we are
        not successful it is because the powers behind our activity do not intend us
        to succeed, and not to succeed would then be the right thing. Thus we do
        what we have to do without giving a thought to the sort of performance
        which will finally emerge."

        Basically, I can hardly imagine that "the way the world is going now"
        could be any different --- as long as this world will not be *impregnated*
        or fertilized with Spiritual Science...
        Its patent Ahrimanic or Satanic nature is an (obvious?) necessity,
        because *Resurrection* is an absolutely meaningless word --- prior to a
        real experience of Death and a journey through Hell.

        This is precisely why...I love the *Lord of Death* (i.e. Satan)!!!

        I know, I know: the more delicate souls will be terrified by such dreadful
        words --- like little old squaws (the eternal feminine...incarnated in time :-)
        who inadvertently run into a *blue coat* bathing naked in the creek next to
        Fort Anthro :-)

        As far as the Anthros are concerned, I believe their "despair" (if any!) is and
        will be utterly legitimate and equitable --- as long as, individually and
        collectively, they cannot - in all conscience! - call the gods to witness that
        *they did what they had to do*...to the full extent of their capacities.

        For instance, Rudolf Steiner clearly said that the Second Coming of Christ
        was --- *the greatest event!* --- of the 20th century.
        To your knowledge, did myriads of Anthroposophists collectively manage to
        attain a clear, coherent and consensual, understanding of this capital spiritual
        event, in the course of the last 80 years or so?
        If not --- how were they supposed to enlighten Mankind about this event?...

        Just another thought,

        Jean-Marc

        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mason <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

        > To All:
        >
        > If we are inclined to despair at the way that
        > the world is going now, or especially at the
        > troubles and failures of the Anthro Movement
        > and Society(ies), we might wish to take a
        > moment at least to consider how Steiner had
        > "faith" in Providence, in the wise and loving
        > order that ultimately rules in the world,
        > despite appearances. RS did believe, with
        > Paul, that all things work together for good ..
        > . .
        >
        > In one instance he puts it this way, speaking
        > to Anthros about Anthroposophical efforts:
        >
        > ". . . . that spiritual forces hold sway in the
        > world, that they help us, that we may entrust
        > ourselves to them. And if sometimes it seems as
        > if things are not going well, then we say to
        > ourselves that if we are not successful it is
        > because the powers behind our activity do not
        > intend us to succeed, and not to succeed would
        > then be the right thing."
        > (*Wonders of the World*; Lecture 1; 18th
        > August, 1911; Munich; GA 129)
        >
        > So, sometimes even Anthroposophical failures
        > can be the "right thing" for the development of
        > world-evolution . . . in much the same way, I
        > suppose, as cancer can sometimes be the "right
        > thing" for an individual's development. Some
        > might express much the same thought by saying
        > that sometimes Divine Justice (which is Love's
        > Severity) requires that we, mankind, need to be
        > "punished" for our "sins".
        >
        > But this "punishment", rightly understood, is
        > education . . . the hard way.
        >
        > I'd still much rather that we learn our lessons
        > the easy way.
        >
        > Just a thought,
        >
        > Robert Mason

        > You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

      • carol
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 3, 2008

          Robert: "So, sometimes even Anthroposophical failures can be the "right thing" for the development of world-evolution . . ."

          How about if they might be

          right for the human development of Anthroposophy, which itself expresses the consciousness soul age?

          It's funny, I was inspired to reflect on just this, this morning. My inspiration involved the 'idea' that RS would have been forced (because of the newness of the consiousness soul epoch) to present anthroposophy in a formula which still contained

          'fragments' belonging to the 4th cultural epoch- these fragmented spiritual forces would have been sought out in order to serve as necessary 'hooks' to secure the great many individuals karmically drawn to the movement, would remain attached to it- ex. the quality of initially receiving forces from outside of oneself, from the physical settings attached to the movement, from the Anthroposophic community, it's activities etc, from above (cosmic truths in writting), all of which would somehow harmoniously permit spiritual development to at least BEGIN to thrive within an awakened soul.

          (note:there would be no set rule as to which 'source' must absolutely be used)

          Only when this without/within process/bridge 'sufficiently worked itself' within the individual soul filled with hard pressed desire, would a more direct,

          more independent upward soul experience naturally become enabled.

          And whereby, an individual spiritualized soul can only truly begin to actively orient itself within the consciousness soul epoch when his/her soul is solidly anchored in spirit, in the physical organism, and where a direct 'reach' upwards (to spiritual heights) is secured because of enobled will forces..

          There were various personal observations which acted upon this reflection. One being the recent quote presented by Jean Marc in which Steiner would have been advised by Devachanic Beings that the humanity surrounding him seeking spiritual truths were of the likeness of 'children'.

          Another being the general frustration expressed by Tom in the past whereby he considered his years in which he depended upon the outward anthroposophic movement as 1 of his karmic 'fish bowls';  in addition to this, his stated position which resembled something to the effect that: Individual Anthroposophic experience must go through a process of death to be raised anew.

          Another observation taken into account was that of Judith von Halle. Again, I see an outward, downward spiritual influence (caracteristic of the 4th cultural epoch) now being greeted within 'her' soul with Anthropsopophic spiritual development which entails an exeptional ability to attach developed thought forms and concepts to her exceptional supersensible experience, as well in the mix,  the possibility of consciously raising her soul forces upwards.

          Then there is one my own experiences derived from occasional contacts with local Anthroposophists from which I observe, especially in some of the older ones, a faint 'soul' display of their early, sometimes lengthy and deep set attachment to 'physical' anthroposophic forms known by them through anthro community activities etc, which

          possibly risks presenting itself as something like an outward 'shell' surrounding the anthroposophic knowledge which they wish to express.  (perhaps it is an overly densified spirit force/being, perhaps a lingering unspiritualized luciferic element.)...

          All to say that inspite being 'involved' in 'world becoming'  Anthroposophy should alos be known as itself undergoing a  remarkable  'growth' process .

          Carol.

          --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mason <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

          > To All:
          >
          > If we are inclined to despair at the way that
          > the world is going now, or especially at the
          > troubles and failures of the Anthro Movement
          > and Society(ies), we might wish to take a
          > moment at least to consider how Steiner had
          > "faith" in Providence, in the wise and loving
          > order that ultimately rules in the world,
          > despite appearances. RS did believe, with
          > Paul, that all things work together for good ..
          > . .
          >
          > In one instance he puts it this way, speaking
          > to Anthros about Anthroposophical efforts:
          >
          > ". . . . that spiritual forces hold sway in the
          > world, that they help us, that we may entrust
          > ourselves to them. And if sometimes it seems as
          > if things are not going well, then we say to
          > ourselves that if we are not successful it is
          > because the powers behind our activity do not
          > intend us to succeed, and not to succeed would
          > then be the right thing."
          > (*Wonders of the World*; Lecture 1; 18th
          > August, 1911; Munich; GA 129)
          >
          > So, sometimes even Anthroposophical failures
          > can be the "right thing" for the development of
          > world-evolution . . . in much the same way, I
          > suppose, as cancer can sometimes be the "right
          > thing" for an individual's development. Some
          > might express much the same thought by saying
          > that sometimes Divine Justice (which is Love's
          > Severity) requires that we, mankind, need to be
          > "punished" for our "sins".
          >
          > But this "punishment", rightly understood, is
          > education . . . the hard way.
          >
          > I'd still much rather that we learn our lessons
          > the easy way.
          >
          > Just a thought,
          >
          > Robert Mason

          > You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

        • carynlouise24
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 4, 2008
            Once the thorn in the side; the claws of egotism; the irritating
            sleepers and the centre of what thinks itself to be world control is:

            a. Put in its place
            b. Re-cycled down the toilet
            c. Transformed

            We Anthro's can do what we love the best : study anthroposophy! As
            Bradford once said; we have so much learning ahead of us. This is so
            true – although it is very difficult to concentrate when there are
            irritating mosquitoes buzzing around the world isn't!

            I have this feeling there is a large contingency of Spiritual
            omnipresence taking keen interest in what is happening in the world.
            We know The High Boss of this Spiritual contingency controls both
            good and evil. One earthquake will make a world war look like an ant.

            As Friedrich Rittelmeyer said at the end of his so wonderfully
            written `Rudolf Steiner enters my life' …

            Anthroposophy will prevail. And this it will!

            Love to all the Anthro's.

            robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

[...]

            9*Wonders of the World*; Lecture 1; 18th

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 6, 2008
              Jean-Marc wrote:

              >>As far as the Anthros are concerned, I
              believe their "despair" (if any!) is and will
              be utterly legitimate and equitable --- as long
              as, individually and collectively, they cannot
              - in all conscience! - call the gods to witness
              that *they did what they had to do*...to the
              full extent of their capacities.

              >>For instance, Rudolf Steiner clearly said
              that the Second Coming of Christ was --- *the
              greatest event!* --- of the 20th century. To
              your knowledge, did myriads of Anthroposophists
              collectively manage to attain a clear, coherent
              and consensual, understanding of this capital
              spiritual event, in the course of the last 80
              years or so? If not --- how were they supposed
              to enlighten Mankind about this event?...<<

              Robert writes:

              To my knowledge? -- I suppose that I don't have
              much "knowledge" of what "myriads" of Anthros
              have or haven't understood. I have had little
              experience of Anthros; almost all of that has
              been here in English cyberspace. Most of the
              myriads, I suppose, aren't "here". I would
              guess that most of the myriads have at least
              read Steiner's proclamation of the 2nd Coming,
              but haven't experienced it directly, the way he
              described (as I have not).

              As for failure to do all that we could do for
              Anthroposphy: I accept that one might rightly
              feel sadness, even some guilt, about one's own
              failure to do everything "to the full extent of
              one's capacities" (as I do), but if such
              consciousness of failure develops into despair
              -- then it can be crippling in itself. Failure
              leads to despair, which leads to more failure,
              which leads to more despair . . . a downward
              spiral, which helps nobody.

              But I was speaking not so much of despair over
              personal failures as despair over the failures
              of the larger Anthro Movement and over the
              course of world events. My "thought" was a
              hint that such despair is never justified; it
              is a feeling that might follow only from a
              misapprehension of the basic facts of Reality.

              Anyway, despair is crippling; it doesn't help
              oneself; it helps nothing and no-one. Steiner
              said: "[the student] says to himself: 'I will
              summon all my strength to do my work as well as
              I possibly can.' And he suppresses the thought
              which makes him faint-hearted; for he knows
              that this very thought might be the cause of a
              worse performance on his part, and that in any
              case it cannot contribute to the improvement of
              his work. And thus thought after thought, each
              fraught with advantage to his whole life, flows
              into the student's outlook. They take the place
              of those that had a hampering, weakening
              effect. He begins to steer his own ship on a
              secure course through the waves of life,
              whereas it was formerly battered to and fro by
              these waves."

              The voice of experience (about despair, I
              mean),

              Robert M

            • Robert Mason
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 6, 2008
                "carynlouise24" wrote:

                >>Anthroposophy will prevail. And this it
                will!<<

                Robert agrees:

                In the long, long run -- even if not on this
                planet.

              • Robert Mason
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 6, 2008
                  Carol wrote:

                  >>. . . . RS would have been forced (because of
                  the newness of the consiousness soul epoch) to
                  present anthroposophy in a formula which still
                  contained 'fragments' belonging to the 4th
                  cultural epoch . . . .<<

                  Robert writes:

                  In his primary teaching RS always took pains to
                  appeal only to the Consciousness Soul, only to
                  the student's reason and sense of truth, always
                  respecting the student's freedom, never
                  applying any psychic force -- the kind of
                  authoritative force that was appropriate for
                  the Intellectual Soul. But he also gave much
                  that is beneficial even for those who are not
                  quite ready for the Consciousness Soul: for
                  example, the dramas, medicine, BD agriculture,
                  certainly education, even the Christian
                  Community rituals, and so on.

                  RM

                • carynlouise24
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 7, 2008
                    Yes correct and Dr. Steiner said every Word of God will be restored
                    to the last dot. What the Saints have achieved and what we have
                    learnt up to day is the preliminary learning of the secrets of the
                    Cosmos. Our next stage(s) of development and advancement in the
                    sphere of Jupiter, Venus and Vulcan will be further Cosmic education
                    namely the development of our Spirit-Self, Spirit-Life and Spirit-Man.

                    We also must remember we are in the process of creating a new Zodiac
                    Constellation. We can see how the creation of The New Sun is the
                    centre of our new Zodiac Constellation : The Hierarchies of Love and
                    Freedom.

                    This is exciting and I wonder what the new names for the
                    Constellations will be-

                    Carol – the Dynamic
                    Steve – the Sage
                    Bradford – the Master
                    Nina – the Wisdom
                    Caryn – the Sucker
                    Robert – the Dude
                    Jean-Marc – the Awesome
                    Val – the Dudess

                    :) not meaning to leave any name out! Ah but of course with deep
                    respects to the Saints - the Zodiac will be named after them; The
                    Twelve Children of Israel, The Twelve Sons of Joseph; The Twelve
                    Disciples; The Twelve Knights of the Round Table. These are our
                    Heroes and Heroines.

                    We can see how as the Luciferic Beings redeemed themselves - so too
                    the Ahrimen Beings will have to redeem themselves. Every living
                    creation has a magnetic pull to be closer to God, whether they
                    realize it or not and the sooner they realize the better for
                    themselves and their development. Who knows maybe someday the
                    Ahrimen Beings will eventually create their own sun and zodiac
                    constellation. 26,000 years is ample time for this preparation.

                    Love.

                    <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

                    > "carynlouise24" wrote:
                    >
                    > >>Anthroposophy will prevail. And this it
                    > will!<<
                    >
                    > Robert agrees:
                    >
                    > In the long, long run -- even if not on this
                    > planet.

                    ______________
                    Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

                  • Nina
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 7, 2008
                      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise24"
                      > Yes correct and Dr. Steiner said every Word of God will be restored
                      > to the last dot. What the Saints have achieved and what we have
                      > learnt up to day is the preliminary learning of the secrets of the
                      > Cosmos. Our next stage(s) of development and advancement in the
                      > sphere of Jupiter, Venus and Vulcan will be further Cosmic education
                      > namely the development of our Spirit-Self, Spirit-Life and Spirit-Man.
                      > We also must remember we are in the process of creating a new Zodiac
                      > Constellation. We can see how the creation of The New Sun is the
                      > centre of our new Zodiac Constellation : The Hierarchies of Love
                      and Freedom.
                      > This is exciting and I wonder what the new names for the
                      > Constellations will be-
                      > Carol – the Dynamic
                      > Steve – the Sage
                      > Bradford – the Master
                      > Nina – the Wisdom
                      > Caryn – the Sucker
                      > Robert – the Dude
                      > Jean-Marc – the Awesome
                      > Val – the Dudess

                      Dear Caryn,
                      You are the "Sucker"...first I didn't like classic definition
                      (One who is easily deceived,a gullible person;dupe). Anthro rescue
                      readily arrived! See it is a perfect description for you! Maybe we
                      should spread the Word, "A sucker is NOT a dupe!" NINA
                      "Let us think of this outer inherent reality as the Father from which
                      the Creative Word, the Son (Jn 1,1-3) went forth. 24 Later in John's
                      Gospel Christ speaks of having come from the Father and returning to
                      the Father and drawing all persons to himself (Jn 12,32). In this, he
                      is becoming and acting as this outer inherent reality. And we must
                      then further think of this outer inherent reality as an awesome force
                      of suction (negative space) that pulls the universe outward toward it.
                      Within the universe it is represented by the stars such as our Sun.
                      We've already seen how the suction of the stars in the universe tends
                      to balance out matter (including the black holes).25 In other words,
                      in the creative process, the creation of light involved suction..."
                      From Smith, "David's Question", online ch What is Man,p.5(actual text
                      p.429)
                      http://www.bibleandanthroposophy.com/Smith/main/smith1.html
                    • Stephen Hale
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 7, 2008

                        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise24" <carynlouise24@...> wrote:

                        "We can see how as the Luciferic Beings redeemed themselves - so too the Ahrimen Beings will have to redeem themselves. Every living creation has a magnetic pull to be closer to God, whether they realize it or not and the sooner they realize the better for themselves and their development. Who knows maybe someday the Ahrimen Beings will eventually create their own sun and zodiac constellation. 26,000 years is ample time for this preparation."

                        Love.

                        Lucifer is the closest of the unholy trinity of spiritual beings to be redeemed.  The goal of anthroposophy is to redeem Lucifer as the Holy Spirit, and this stands to occur in direct relation to the taking in of the content of spiritual-scientific knowledge, which constitutes the progressive redemption of the now divided Human Astral Body.  Thus, Lucifer's redemption coincides with our own.  When the slumbering soul-spiritual organs are awakened and made active again through the power inherent in the turning of the intellect toward the greater substance of consciousness, then the desires of the spirit take rulership over the lower self.  This is occurring more and more through the science of the spirit, and represents its true mission.

                        The Human Etheric Body requires redemption through a somewhat different, but related process, for herein is where Ahriman rules with a heavy-laden hand in the affairs of present-day materialism and cold-abstract thinking on a linear and superficial level.  Each degree in which the etheric body has contracted into the physical body, which reached maximum contraction in the 15th century, is also a degree of loss of causality in favor of effective representation alone.  That is why we generally don't know causes but only their effects.  It is because we have been "first cause removed" in this declination of the etheric body, and its impregnation into the physical.  The Renaissance and Enlightenment are indicative of this, and the developing scientific materialism represents an Aristotelianism that is far removed from what Aristotle first brought forth as The Philosopher.   So something more than Anthroposophy alone is required for redeeming this contracted etheric body; an entirely different emphasis is need.  And it is one that acknowledges Ahriman's great power and controlling influence in the world today.  This something more constitutes the second aspect of Spiritual Science, which we call: Psychosophy, and exists to redeem Ahriman in the same way that Anthroposophy exists to redeem Lucifer; through etheric regeneration to go along with the astral restoration unto its original twelve-foldness.

                        Michael has given us something very important for effectuating this etheric regeneration, and it has magnetic power.  But it is our task to grow it through means about to be explained.

                        Steve

                      • Stephen Hale
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 7, 2008

                          "Michael has given us something very important for effectuating this
                          etheric regeneration, and it has magnetic power. But it is our task to
                          grow it through means about to be explained."

                          It is very interesting that this morning I brought something forth about
                          Michael and the Psychosophy that He stands behind, and then we get to
                          here about someone named, John Stirling Walker, who espouses a
                          psychosophy with ties to Sun-Yung Moon and Lafayette Hubbard.
                          Astounding indeed, and negatory to the profound. It leaves me stifled,
                          in fact; unable at the moment to go on with this discourse. I believe
                          though, that it is a good example of the occult movement that is working
                          right now against anthroposophy. And for that, I am glad it was
                          written, and cross-posted here.

                          Steve
                        • carynlouise24
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 8, 2008
                            Seeing Tom's here - his title can be:

                            Tom - the many colours of the rainbow!

                            Nina :) well really what came to mind in Sucker was a 'Fool for
                            Christ' :)

                            Steve, I wouldn't hassle about this; in fact we should feel sorry for
                            them because they have to -at the end of the day- live with
                            themselves. This is why we understand truth in spiritual science
                            working towards anthroposophy is so important because the other
                            option of illusion is basically a waste and loss of time.

                            Thanks for your knowledge.

                            --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale"