Re: Outer and Inner meditations on Schooling

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 211 , Mar 26 8:53 PM

      > RS:"...Dear friends, in 1872, when that comet was supposed to be
      > returning, there was a shower of light instead. This means that
      > everything was already much more spiritual than when this comet
      made its
      > earlier appearances. This comet will now only appear in the form
      of a
      > shower of rays of light falling to earth. What happened at the end
      of
      > the 1870s was that the regency of Michael came down to the earth
      in that
      > shower of golden light.
      >

      > SH: "Freedom means confronting and defeating the beasts which
      comprise
      > these astral fragments that fall to earth and bring something of
      the
      > future into the present time frame, which normally flows along the
      > etheric current from the past. Spiritual science, of course,
      exists to
      > give us perspective like a sheepdog"
      >
      > Gee Steve, it seems that you are in conflict with Steiner's
      statement
      > vis a vis this particular shower of golden light.
      >
      > Not surprising, that departure point for this interpretation has
      you
      > solidly anchored in physical reality, (sheepdog) and though you
      access
      > spiritual concepts to enliven an 'etheric' picture, the whole
      mental
      > construct remains quite harmonious with physical reality. Not
      surprising
      > at all, considering the times we find ourselves in, and their
      position
      > (starting point) within the period which is projected for the
      unfoldment
      > of the consciousness soul. As well, the fact which Steiner points
      out in
      > this lecture series which has the consciousness soul's epoch
      > caracterized by a distinct experience quite foreign to that which
      > humanity was familiar throughout the former epochs.

      First of all, it is no crime to live in our so-called "physical
      reality" with its fable convenues and fata morganas. External
      reality is a necessary maya from which the complex soul and
      densified bodies were brought down through the Fall of Man to the
      Christ Event. Now, since the last third of the 19th century we live
      bearing the fruit of the fourth cultural epoch which has also laid
      the foundation for the first ever experience of the I Am in this
      lifetime. We say I Am as self-recognition for the first time ever,
      and this experience only stands to grow in maturity as the Conscious
      Ego begins even now to transform the soul members to their higher
      Spirit Beings.

      It is important to understand that Michael, prior to becoming the
      Spirit Regent in 1879, fought a battle in heaven against the dragon
      beings from 1841 to 1879, and defeated them. So, from 1879 until
      1918 Ahrimanic spirits fell to earth along with Michael's return.
      World War I has everything to do with the influence of these fallen
      spirits of darkness. Thus, Michael's return to earth is also
      accompanied by these "beasts" from out of the heavenly world.
      Michael's defeat of the dragon forces these spirits down to earth
      where they wreak havoc on the soul and spirit of mankind, but the
      path of freedom demands that we defeat them through our efforts
      right here in the physical world.

      I am not so much solidly anchored in this physical reality but
      rather conscientiously cognizant of the demands of our age to defeat
      the beast through spiritual activity. Remember, our freedom is owed
      to the likes of Lucifer and Ahriman, and now since the last third of
      the 19th century, the Asuras as well. The double-edged sword now
      issues out of our own mouths. The choice is now made ours.

      Steve
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 211 of 211 , Jul 1, 2008
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise24"
        <carynlouise24@...> wrote:

        > This is quite poetic Steve; it's like the Phoenix rising from the
        > ashes! We may consider Saint John the Eagle rising from the winter
        > sting of the Scorpion into the Eagle of summer ...
        >
        > Then again we may also consider the Earth is awake in winter and
        > sleeping in summer - so it may be the other way around!
        >
        > Yes, I do remember the lunar eclipse on the 20th February when the
        > Sun ate the Moon! Also still curious about seeing Saturn on the
        > right and you saw it on the left - although a later picture
        confirmed
        > it to be on the right.
        >
        > Interesting about Mars hey - the land is jelly-like substance -
        > suppose the astronauts have to have special boots made to walk on
        > that!
        >
        > :)

        My experience of the Lunar Eclipse of 2/20/08 was that it was the
        converse! The Earth ate the Moon; which really means that the moon
        gave a nod to the fact that the earth beholds the "earthshine" when
        in the shadow zone.

        Every so often, the moon gives an objective proof of this. It is
        called a lunar eclipse.