Putting A Gag Over Rudolf Steiner's Mouth [was: Hello]

  • jmn36210
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2008

      Tom, you wrote:

      "See, I don't have the original whole lecture and they deleted this
      lecture from the modern editions of these workman lectures."

      Tom, can you hear me?
      This is detective Jerry in Central France [200 kilometers south of the Eiffel
      Tower] reporting on major developments in the criminal matter under
      investigation...

      1) Thirteen lectures make up the original German volume GA 349.

      2) Thirteen lectures make up the French translation which will be published
           this coming spring (2008) by Editions Anthroposophiques Romandes.

      Therefore, there is no doubt in my mind that 13 lectures make up the newest
      German edition...

      But you are quite correct in what you say! :-)

      I was stunned indeed --- when I found out that an English translation of
      GA 349 was published in 1999 by *Rudolf Steiner Press*, entitled
      "From Limestone to Lucifer":

      *** Twelve Sessions at Dornach from February to May, 1923 ***

      And, thanks to the following page --- with the excerpts and the page
      numbers --- there is no room for doubt: this lecture (March 3, 1923)
      was deleted (without alluding at all to its mere existence) from the
      shamelessly expurgated English edition of Rudolf Steiner's lectures!...

      Now, let's get this straight: generally speaking, the German, the French,
      Europeans in general, feel concerned about racial prejudice or discrimination
      no less than English-speaking peoples.

      Then, why the hell aren't the German and French editions of Steiner's
      lectures also expurgated?...

      How about inquiring --- (at Rudolf Steiner Press, for instance!) into the
      actual reason why the entire lecture was deleted from the English edition?

      Yes, I wrote *the actual reason why* because - and this is perhaps the
      cherry on the cake, so to speak - it's quite possible, imo, that the colors
      and the main characteristics of the races (white, yellow, black, etc...)
      have nothing to do whatsoever (i.e., directly) with this particular expurgation.
      You see, Tom, as I was looking for specific and pertinent quotes that might
      be of some interest to you --- I suddenly had the impression of walking in
      a minefield... Or, much better said, as if I was struck by lightening, it suddenly
      occured to me why *certain people* [who think they know what you should
      read and what you should *not* read --- better than you do!] would not
      hesitate to put a gag over Rudolf Steiner's mouth...
      Of course, from a certain perspective, the point at issue is rather delicate
      and sensitive...

      I will try answering your two questions more specifically in a next post.

      Jean-Marc [alias Jerry]

    • jmn36210
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2008
        Dear List,

        I owe you all an apology.

        My (previous) message was sent to the wrong list :-(

        Jean-Marc

        \