To veil

  • nadmateescu
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2008
      Hello,

      I was looking for a little help from somebody who speaks or understand
      Hebrew language.

      I was thinking about this phrase:
      "These occult processes unfold in the spiritual sphere of the Earth;
      they are not perceptible to the physical eyes.Rudolf Steiner points
      out that the secrets of the Mystery of Golgotha are only to be seen
      with the eyes of the spirit not by means of the earthly senses.That is
      why the acts of Christ within these outward thirty-nine hours are
      hidden from the physical senses.If you express these thirty-nine hours
      in Hebrew as a word (each letter represents a number, several numbers
      produce one word) they give the word ...()(lat 30+9) which means "to
      veil".

      From J. von Halle - And If He Has Not Been Raised...: The Stations of
      Christs Path to Spirit Man

      Exact text can be found at :
      http://books.google.com/books?id=CKu3MSJwVAAC&pg=PA47&lpg=PA47&dq=judith+von+halle&source=web&ots=BO1LH-VSzp&sig=hcswzdvQNV4lKrKvSjHCDD9ZEg4#PPA87,M1
      (page 87 from the preview)

      I was asking that according to "Gematria" is this correct?
      (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gematria)
      It seems to me that 30+9 is (Teth+Lamed) and "to veil" is 30+8?

      Thanks for,
      dan
    • carol
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2008
        Thanks Dan, for the link to Judith von Halle's written work.

        Wow!

        C.

        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "nadmateescu" <nadmateescu@...>